Oak Ridge vs Heritage

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent posted in a while, so hello. I have however been keeping an eye on the board. I hope Heritage plays a good game it takes a lot of commitment from all these young men no matter who they play for to work out all winter, go through spring practice and report to two a days in the hottest days of the year. then continue to get out here in this heat day after day giving everything they have for no other reason than the love of the game.

I am not trying to say I told you so or maybe I am cause of all the crap I took last year from some of my fellow OR fans wearing their rose colored glasses. And then there were the ones who just didnt like the head coach and loved the fact OR was loosing in hopes of getting a new coach. I happen to like Stevens and think he was the right man for the job. This year and next will make my point for me. Oak Ridge is looking pretty good so far. They are making my predictions from august of last year look pretty good too. people thought I hadlost my mind when I suggested they would go 6-4 and could go 5-5 last year. I also said the guys that beat us better enjoy it. My prediction was this year would be completly different. I said they would go possibly 9-1 or 8-2 regular season and advance 2-3 games in the play-offs they may get lucky and make it to the big dance in 07

Just for the record Stevens and his staff will have a very talented group in middle TN in 08 with or without any luck.

Roll Cats Roll

I heard Irby was going to Transfer because Stanton wasnt going to give the kid a chance anymore... any words on this matter??.... i think oak ridge is looking good in the first half but they should you know... the second half is going to be a great test for this team because Stanton only believes in his starters and I gurantee one of them go down and we will see how his down the line guys are going to react. This man isn't a team coach he only coaching jared stephen his little cousin... because what I saw in kingsport that jared was dog tired he will wear out during the season... so only time will tell i hope they do win state but how he is coaching there going to burn out his starters 53 14 against bradley central why keep your starters in the game that needs to be change if he wants to see a state championship Go Cats!!!!!! Billy Boy # 36 1980 team.

The JV game was cancelled, it had changed from a Fulton opponent to to a Powell opponent and then Powell cancelled is what I understand. Bottom line is there was not a JV game last night to my knowledge. As for Irby I have no info on that one at all, first I have heard of it. As for Stephens, that young man is a real deal. Great talent with moves that I just marvel at and look forward to seeing him play each game. Coach Stevens is just that, the Coach, whatever he says goes and from what I have seen he is doing things right. I do not know if those two are related, but I wil tell you it is very hard to keep Jared out of any game because of his desire to play. I do believe he would be out there all the time if Coach Steven let him go. The team is working very well together from the players through the coaches.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard Irby was going to Transfer because Stanton wasnt going to give the kid a chance anymore... any words on this matter??.... i think oak ridge is looking good in the first half but they should you know... the second half is going to be a great test for this team because Stanton only believes in his starters and I gurantee one of them go down and we will see how his down the line guys are going to react. This man isn't a team coach he only coaching jared stephen his little cousin... because what I saw in kingsport that jared was dog tired he will wear out during the season... so only time will tell i hope they do win state but how he is coaching there going to burn out his starters 53 14 against bradley central why keep your starters in the game that needs to be change if he wants to see a state championship Go Cats!!!!!! Billy Boy # 36 1980 team.

Obviously you didn't watch DB game, we had lot of JV players out there and they performed well. As for Irby, if he wants to start at QB, then he has to earn the job back. Only time will tell.

As for this week's game, we should handle Heritage well since most of our starters will be back. We are improving every week. Our kick and pass coverage was much better against DB. I hope to see some improvement in our passing game; teams are already putting 9 in the box on defense against us. However, so far so good. 42-7 Oak Ridge.

ORKAT,

I never thought you'd be the one drinking the STANTON Kool-aide! The man needs to build depth in the team for future years in blow-outs and pull his starters.

Heritage, no problem. What was th reason for the linemen missing last game? Irby has controll issies, no touch and can't run. He IS tough though. Jared Stevens will/can run all game, but he DOES need a break or else he won't be fresh for the harder games. I wouldn't let him play much this game, or the res of the starters for that matter. This would be a good game to build depth and experience.