Oak Ridge vs Heritage

OakRidgeCat

Sorry Big Kat, don't drink Kool-Aid, just calls 'em like I see them.

Apologies also to DCCATVOICE, my info was from the Freshman side and was unaware of the JV game, my bad, thanks for correcting me.

As for the linemen missing the last game I believe it was a violation of team rules. They were there, dressed out and had to watch, that had to hurt as much as anything. But they did it, it is over and now behind them and I am sure they look forward to putting only their best foot forward from here on out. Disappointed in the fact something happened that caused a punishment, but impressed with the way they handled it.

As for the future, I have watched Zach Zullinger, a sophomore at QB and have been really impressed with his throwing abilities so for the future there it is looking good. Jared is a Senior, he know his time is limited at this level and wants to do it all. Coach has a handle on him, but is also wanting to let him grow for his furture as well.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark was pretty impressive hooking up with Coffey at DB last week. I really don't get the Irby thing. I can't understand how we were good enough to win the 7 on 7 but not able to get it together in 11 on 11. (I am assuming Clark did not play QB in the 7 on 7 league, is that correct?) Never the less I am really impressed with Clark. It makes me wish if the other situation wasn't going to work out that we could have gotten Clark the snaps sooner.

I noticed Daniels Mulholland played a good bit less offense at DB than I expected, with Gregory getting a lot more snaps. Can anyone fill me in on what the thinking is there?

Clark was pretty impressive hooking up with Coffey at DB last week. I really don't get the Irby thing. I can't understand how we were good enough to win the 7 on 7 but not able to get it together in 11 on 11. (I am assuming Clark did not play QB in the 7 on 7 league, is that correct?) Never the less I am really impressed with Clark. It makes me wish if the other situation wasn't going to work out that we could have gotten Clark the snaps sooner.

I noticed Daniels Mulholland played a good bit less offense at DB than I expected, with Gregory getting a lot more snaps. Can anyone fill me in on what the thinking is there?

I thought Clark did pretty well, but we need to connect on more than fade routes to Coffey if we are going to beat any of the 2-5a contenders. Yes, Irby has been a mystery, but Clark is a more complete player at QB, right now. Play action will become more important to us as teams key on Stevens. The QB who sells that the best and finishes the play should be the starter.

I hope we will see some more variety in the passing game this week. If we can get that part of our game down, this team can go far.

I think Mulholland was getting a few less reps on offensive last week because he was having to play a lot more defense. I thought both players got a lot of PT. However, I would like to see him get more touches. So far this season I like what I see and we are getting better every week. The coaches are asking a lot from the players and they, for the most part, are delivering. See you all at Heritage and go Cats!

Wow! That was interesting. Heritage thought it was going to be the Jared Stevens show on the ground but it was the Jared Stevens show in the air. It's hard to know at this point how good we might be. I was just amazed on the play after the touchdown was called back. Heritage put all 11 on the line and left single coverage on Demarcus. Incredible. Again, I liked Jared giving the Tim Tebo play action fake to himself and throwing the long ball to Coffey. Again, we have much to work on but we left opposing coaches much to think about. Good job Cats and beat Clinton!

I heard Irby was going to Transfer because Stanton wasnt going to give the kid a chance anymore... any words on this matter??.... i think oak ridge is looking good in the first half but they should you know... the second half is going to be a great test for this team because Stanton only believes in his starters and I gurantee one of them go down and we will see how his down the line guys are going to react. This man isn't a team coach he only coaching jared stephen his little cousin... because what I saw in kingsport that jared was dog tired he will wear out during the season... so only time will tell i hope they do win state but how he is coaching there going to burn out his starters 53 14 against bradley central why keep your starters in the game that needs to be change if he wants to see a state championship Go Cats!!!!!! Billy Boy # 36 1980 team.

They don't even spell their names the same way. Stanton Stevens, Jared Stephens.