DYERSBURG VRS obion central

trojanfan56

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though they were on the losing end, the Rebels played a hard fought game. What was really good was that they played with discipline, which for those in attendance, could not be said about Dyersburg. If trash talk and cheap shots could win state championships, the Trojans would have a trophy case full of them!

Onto Union City.....Go Rebels!

Though they were on the losing end, the Rebels played a hard fought game. What was really good was that they played with discipline, which for those in attendance, could not be said about Dyersburg. If trash talk and cheap shots could win state championships, the Trojans would have a trophy case full of them!

DHS had better STOP the silly pentalies they are commiting QUICK or face Difficult situations for themselves "O" N "D" against better teams down the road. Counce would have been all over this before the season ever started. Bowling has all the talent in a high school team any coach would love to have, but he best take this situation Seriously NOW!! DHS has not played with Discipline in previous games this year. NOT A VERY GOOD SIGN IF THEY WANT TO SUCCEED. GO TROJANS

number 70 and 72 were as dirty as i have ever seen and 72 dad wanted to fight the crowd.

i was proud to see both teams conduct themselves generally with good sportsmanship.........looking back, many thought that there might have been a "brawl at the oc".....

this was a very emotional game for both teams.......

it was a tuff game for both parker and bowling, and especially parker who has played most of his career with many of the oc players - add to the fact that it would be the last time parker played at oc....then you have all the emotions of the oc team and fans........

i thought coach bowling and coach driggers did a good job of keeping emotions in check.....and i am sure that both coaching staffs will address those isolated incidents (ie late hits, trash talking, spiking the ball).....

two things stood out about this game:

oc never laid down, when it would have been easy too; they played their hearts out until the end - and that says a lot about the character and guts of the oc players.....

dyersburg is not hitting on all cylinders.............

TO THE TROJAN PLAYERS - i just hope you young men realize just how good you can be ??“ YOU ARE NOT GOOD YET; do you want to be great? then get the hunger to listen to your coaches and bust your butts in practice, getting your engine to hit on all cylinders..........YOU MUST GET HUNGRY TO WORK EVEN HARDER.........

dyersburg will shut obion out. i watched the OC vrs ripley game and OC looked awfull. i dont believe its the players cause they played hard, i believe its the lack of coaching. bowling always had oc ready. central lost close games under bowling not blow outs with the exception to crockett and dyersburg. central will get hit friday like they havnt been hit yet this season. I believe when coach driggers cleaned house a forced out gamblin, decker,and hart he cut his own throat. the kids liked those guys and played hard for them. look for a ugly hard hitting game. obion has a long road ahead with the meat of their schedule ahead. I dont look for central to win a game. might have if some of the guys wouldnt have transferd and quit, good luck central a good coach will come around again some day.

Are you sure that Driggers "fired" these guys? From my understanding, Decker quit because he didn't get the head coaching position at Central and the others were recruited by Bowlin and resigned. Worth checking into. By the way, I understand from a student in one of Coach Decker's classes that he told the kids that Dyersburg's football team didn't have to worry about Obion County Central because they "stink".... what a good influence on our kids, huh? why such resentment, Paul??? didn't get what you wanted at central so you're going to hurt the boys for it? grow up, would you?? and you call yourself a Christian???? how hypocritical!!

As for coach driggers - give the guy a chance!! he didn't have much to work with after bowlin destroyed obion county football before he left, did he?? he knew before last season began that he was looking for something else, in fact, dyersburg offered him the job prior to last season and he turned it down and then told his last year's seniors that they needed to get out there and win for him to show dyersburg that he didn't make the wrong choice - but where is he now?? his interview in the messenger said he didn't "find the memo" about scheduling games until after everyone else had already scheduled their season - and he thinks we are just stupid enough to believe this crap? he already knew he was going to dyersburg - he didn't care about our boys anymore after the last game - they didn't even lift weights after the end of the season last year like they had in previous years under his direction - sooooo i think it is quite obvious that he really put it to obion county football and yes, fans, it was intentional!!

As for Logan Parker - you couldn't ask for a better kid!! I just hope bowlin didn't blow smoke in his direction and then leave him hanging in the end!! Seems to be his style, though!

momismad this is Paul Decker. I'm sure you are probably not a mom, just someone trying to get underneath my skin. Kids in Obion County know how I feel about them. But if you have some kind of problem with me quit hiding behind your screen name and come see me. I still live behind Troy First Baptist church, where I go every Sunday. Why don't you come with me this Sunday. I would love for you to sit in the Sunday School class I teach. the invitation is open. I will even take you out for lunch after church. The Olympia has a great sunday buffet!

Are you sure that Driggers "fired" these guys? From my understanding, Decker quit because he didn't get the head coaching position at Central and the others were recruited by Bowling and resigned. Worth checking into. By the way, I understand from a student in one of Coach Decker's classes that he told the kids that Dyersburg's football team didn't have to worry about Obion County Central because they "stink".... what a good influence on our kids, huh? why such resentment, Paul??? didn't get what you wanted at central so you're going to hurt the boys for it? grow up, would you?? and you call yourself a Christian???? how hypocritical!!

As for coach driggers - give the guy a chance!! he didn't have much to work with after bowling destroyed ob ion county football before he left, did he?? he knew before last season began that he was looking for something else, in fact, dyersburg offered him the job prior to last season and he turned it down and then told his last year's seniors that they needed to get out there and win for him to show dyersburg that he didn't make the wrong choice - but where is he now?? his interview in the messenger said he didn't "find the memo" about scheduling games until after everyone else had already scheduled their season - and he thinks we are just stupid enough to believe this crap? he already knew he was going to dyersburg - he didn't care about our boys anymore after the last game - they didn't even lift weights after the end of the season last year like they had in previous years under his direction - sooooo i think it is quite obvious that he really put it to obion county football and yes, fans, it was intentional!!

As for Logan Parker - you couldn't ask for a better kid!! I just hope bowling didn't blow smoke in his direction and then leave him hanging in the end!! Seems to be his style, though!

thats why gamblin and harts still there as well. and evan a die hard central supporter was ran off to in Phil green he is a great film guy that driggers ditched,,, get ready centrals freshman had to have coaches out there with them to play a freshman game. that was a joke and dyersburg still spanked them with their coaches on the field helping them. maybe because little bowling was leading the freshman against a group of kids that will keep the same tradition going that central has always had. born loosers!!!! and awful fans. after this season and next with 2 winless seasons maybe they will turn centrals field into a parking lot for their basketball fans.