DYERSBURG VRS obion central

trojanfan56

oldtimer, and cradd4, I was glad to see you guys respond to this. ANYONE who knows Paul knows where he stands and what kind of person he is. As for all the other stuff on here about this coach, or that coach, or the players, or my friend Phil Green, people please. And as for trojan56, calling a group of hard working kids "born losers", that one I just can't understand. Look, I LOVE sports, as much as anyone, but it is a game, and in the grand scheme of things it means very little. I support school sports, (have covered games for about 19 years now) and think it is very important to develop young people into BETTER adults. But there are things in life so much more important than any ballgame. When it's all said and done what kind of person you were, and your relationship with God make issues involving sports seem like nothing. Good natured back and forth conversation on here about how we will beat yu, or you will beat us is fun, but taking shots at good people,(coaches) and young men (14-18 years of age) is just wrong. I will continue to support the kids at OC, as well as all the players we see play. The way I see it, it's all about God, not all about sports.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, she has thank you, BUT she got my jumping ability!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

RP? THE RP FROM EBENEZER?

IF YES, IT SEEMS THAT YOUR DAUGHTER HAS BECOME A GOOD VOLLEYBALL AT USJ.

SHE MUST OF GOT THE TALENT FROM HER MOTHER, ANOTHER GOOD V'BALL STAR.

I MUST CALL RUE FOR DETAILS AND YOUR EMAIL.

PG

Trojan56 you are garbage! I bet you are one of those guys that talk a lot of junk, and it comes down to time you get your butt whipped. Dyersburg has a great team this year and I am very happy for Coach Decker, Bowling, and Gamblin, but one of these years Dyersburg isn't gonna have 2 D-1 prospects and they are gonna have a bad year. I gurantee you right now that Obion County fans will not be on here talking crap about how Dyersburg's players are born losers. Dyersburg I am very sorry you have a fan like this loser. Trojan56 grow some and get some class while your at it. As for coach decker I know you, I played for you, and I know the pride you had in Obion Central and I know you wouldn't say that. I hate to not have yaw three on our sidelines. If anyone deserves to win it is yaw! Central work hard and don't listen to trash like trojan56.

GO REBELS!!!!

" Them Boys Are Having The Time Of Their Lives"

Logan wants a scholarship and wants to be a winner you cant blame the kid, he is a great player who made a weak team good at central, now he is a great player on a great team!!!! LOGAN WILL LET ALL THE CENTRAL FANS LOOK AT HIS CHAMPIONSHIP RING DURING CHRISTMAS BREAK.

well said! harsh but true!!!! goodluck Logan and dyersburg

Okay! I just finished up reading this post which was started over two weeks ago. And I have to say I'm amused by some of the comments conerning the coaches and players /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> For starters- I know the former OC coaches who are now at D'burg. One of the assitant coaches I've known just about my entire life. He and his wife are oustanding educators who were huge supporters of everything sports wise in Obion County. They still live in the area and to the best of my knowledge are a Christian family and always want what's best for the kids. As for Coach Bowling, I got to know him in his time at OC and respect him as a football coach and even Respect him more as a person and the things he had to deal with off the field just shows the true person that he is. My point being, even if he wasn't a football coach, Coach Bowling gets a huge thumbs up from me for the outstanding family man that he is /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DHS is lucky to have him and the other former OC assistants on staff there as well and I wish the Trojans the best from here on out. Also to Logan who is an outstanding kid that comes from a good family- run the veer to perfection and have fun and maybe I'll sit back and watch you guys go deep in the playoffs /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As it relates to this year's OC Rebels- I've been to almost every game this season and it doesn't matter what quarter it is or what the score is- I see young men giving their all on every play and that is a relection of not only their coaching staff but to their parents and families as well.. AS VOREBS said, it is a game and there are way more important things in this life that people have to deal with and will be held accoutable for way after the football is over.. It's about molding young minds and becoming responsible adults that contribute to society in a positive way.

It is my hope that OC fans continue to support these young men as they take the field each and every Friday night and represent Obion County Central High School..

Okay! I just finished up reading this post which was started over two weeks ago. And I have to say I'm amused by some of the comments conerning the coaches and players /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> For starters- I know the former OC coaches who are now at D'burg. One of the assitant coaches I've known just about my entire life. He and his wife are oustanding educators who were huge supporters of everything sports wise in Obion County. They still live in the area and to the best of my knowledge are a Christian family and always want what's best for the kids. As for Coach Bowling, I got to know him in his time at OC and respect him as a football coach and even Respect him more as a person and the things he had to deal with off the field just shows the true person that he is. My point being, even if he wasn't a football coach, Coach Bowling gets a huge thumbs up from me for the outstanding family man that he is /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DHS is lucky to have him and the other former OC assistants on staff there as well and I wish the Trojans the best from here on out. Also to Logan who is an outstanding kid that comes from a good family- run the veer to perfection and have fun and maybe I'll sit back and watch you guys go deep in the playoffs /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As it relates to this year's OC Rebels- I've been to almost every game this season and it doesn't matter what quarter it is or what the score is- I see young men giving their all on every play and that is a relection of not only their coaching staff but to their parents and families as well.. AS VOREBS said, it is a game and there are way more important things in this life that people have to deal with and will be held accoutable for way after the football is over.. It's about molding young minds and becoming responsible adults that contribute to society in a positive way.

It is my hope that OC fans continue to support these young men as they take the field each and every Friday night and represent Obion County Central High School..

Very well said redbird, I echo the same, I support the "REBELS" all the way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good luck this Friday night /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will tell everyone...like I told them...DYERSBURG is lucky to have coaches like Darren Bowling and his staff....Darren TOLD me that he takes so much time out of the week to have devotional..."WHICH IS WONDERFUL"!....Told me that "there is more to life than football"...Paul Decker I was told...The first thing he done when he was introduced to the team was to "give his testimony about his faith"....

In this day and age where Prayer has been taken out of schools. I think that it is A GREAT THING to have the guys who are GREAT COACHES....But are also GREAT MEN......One of my good friends told me that Darren Bowling was a GREAT coach but a BETTER man....And from what I have been hearing that is true...Same thing about the OTHER guys as well.....

And Wes Kennedy has been a most pleasant surprise...He has so far put the "WE WILL MISS GRADY Andrews" talk to rest...Got that defense playing great and is a really great guy to boot...

Sometimes THINGS go on between ADULTS...And there is TALK between Adults...And we FORGET sometimes that the KIDS read this site....And that causes Coaches problems.. I have posted things before here that maybe should have been discussed BETWEEN adults....NOT on a public site that kids could read...AND THEY DO READ IT!...Coaches have a HARD ENOUGH TIME without "kids reading what someone posted....Whether it be true or not...Somethings need to be left between THE GROWNUPS....Like I said before...My kid lives with his mother...He chose to go to Dyer County so.. I SUPPORT him...Am I happy when DC wins?...Yes...Because I am happy for my child AND HIS FRIENDS....But do I bleed BLACK AND GOLD?...You bet..

Did I WEAR the BLACK and GOLD?...YES I DID!.... Do I hope they win out and go all the way?...WITHOUT A DOUBT...

So that being said...James Counce took a program that was a DOORMAT....And made it a successful program...I mean when you go WATCH a team "BEATING A TEAM" that athlete for athlete...that there was NO WAY WE HAD ANY BUSINESS Beating...Then that is a PROGRAM!....But Counce is gone....along with most of his staff...And I wish him well along with "Counce Jr".....That move to MBA was a NO BRAINER for Baby Counce especially...But this DARREN BOWLING"S TEAM NOW.....These kids love him and want to win... And from what I have heard ....And this is what is scary...That offense isn't EVEN CLOSE to hitting on all cylinders.....Parkers' thumb gets healed and EVERYBODY gets on the SAME PAGE..Then Dyersburg will have a MONSTER....

So all you DMS and Three Oak kids who want to play football....WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DRIVE 10 miles one way PAST A MAN WHO IS A WINNER AND CAN HELP STEER you down the road you need to go in life?...These guys are GREAT COACHES...As well as GREAT MEN...The Middle School program was undefeated... The Freshman lost one game and the CUPBOARD will be FAR from Bare next season....You parents... If you want your child to get a GREAT education, play WINNING FOOTBALL and be in the "nands" of a head coach and staff who will "do the right thing" with your child....DON"T DRIVE PAST DHS...Wish my kid COULD have played under this bunch... "GO TROJANS"!

I will tell everyone...like I told them...DYERSBURG is lucky to have coaches like Darren Bowling and his staff....Darren TOLD me that he takes so much time out of the week to have devotional..."WHICH IS WONDERFUL"!....Told me that "there is more to life than football"...Paul Decker I was told...The first thing he done when he was introduced to the team was to "give his testimony about his faith"....

In this day and age where Prayer has been taken out of schools. I think that it is A GREAT THING to have the guys who are GREAT COACHES....But are also GREAT MEN......One of my good friends told me that Darren Bowling was a GREAT coach but a BETTER man....And from what I have been hearing that is true...Same thing about the OTHER guys as well.....

And Wes Kennedy has been a most pleasant surprise...He has so far put the "WE WILL MISS GRADY Andrews" talk to rest...Got that defense playing great and is a really great guy to boot...

Sometimes THINGS go on between ADULTS...And there is TALK between Adults...And we FORGET sometimes that the KIDS read this site....And that causes Coaches problems.. I have posted things before here that maybe should have been discussed BETWEEN adults....NOT on a public site that kids could read...AND THEY DO READ IT!...Coaches have a HARD ENOUGH TIME without "kids reading what someone posted....Whether it be true or not...Somethings need to be left between THE GROWNUPS....Like I said before...My kid lives with his mother...He chose to go to Dyer County so.. I SUPPORT him...Am I happy when DC wins?...Yes...Because I am happy for my child AND HIS FRIENDS....But do I bleed BLACK AND GOLD?...You bet..

Did I WEAR the BLACK and GOLD?...YES I DID!.... Do I hope they win out and go all the way?...WITHOUT A DOUBT...

So that being said...James Counce took a program that was a DOORMAT....And made it a successful program...I mean when you go WATCH a team "BEATING A TEAM" that athlete for athlete...that there was NO WAY WE HAD ANY BUSINESS Beating...Then that is a PROGRAM!....But Counce is gone....along with most of his staff...And I wish him well along with "Counce Jr".....That move to MBA was a NO BRAINER for Baby Counce especially...But this DARREN BOWLING"S TEAM NOW.....These kids love him and want to win... And from what I have heard ....And this is what is scary...That offense isn't EVEN CLOSE to hitting on all cylinders.....Parkers' thumb gets healed and EVERYBODY gets on the SAME PAGE..Then Dyersburg will have a MONSTER....

So all you DMS and Three Oak kids who want to play football....WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DRIVE 10 miles one way PAST A MAN WHO IS A WINNER AND CAN HELP STEER you down the road you need to go in life?...These guys are GREAT COACHES...As well as GREAT MEN...The Middle School program was undefeated... The Freshman lost one game and the CUPBOARD will be FAR from Bare next season....You parents... If you want your child to get a GREAT education, play WINNING FOOTBALL and be in the "nands" of a head coach and staff who will "do the right thing" with your child....DON"T DRIVE PAST DHS...Wish my kid COULD have played under this bunch... "GO TROJANS"!

well said, anyone who knows these coaches, knows the stand they take in reguards to their faith. In this day and time this is a great thing.

thats a different trend in 2 weeks dont go there yet, neither of the teams are alike you better worry about ripley

DC is not in a "Worry about 'em mindset" ! Rather a " Play 'Em One Game @ A Time" mode. Rest assured, DC AIN'T PREPARING FOR THE TROJANS JUST YET ! Our kids are APPARENTLY DOIN' SOMETHIN' RIGHT TOO ! I support both teams that call Dyer County (as a county not a high school) HOME ........EXCEPT ONE fRIDAY NIGHT A YEAR !

I'm sure RogerDoger ain't lookin' past anybody, just mentionin' what always goes on in Dyer County in the Fall about this time any way ! Ain't it always the "TALK OF THE TOWN?"