Tyner Rams vs SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

After watching the both SP and Tyner play, I will have to go with Sp big in this one also. Honestly, this is probably the weakest Tyner team in years. I don't think that the speed is equal either. The pirates going to dominate the game because there are more gamebreakers on there team. I said earlier in the year that I was worried about Tyner's physical line whipping SP up front, but after watching Marion's much smaller line dominate a majority of the time friday night, except on the counters, I think SP may breeze in this one. Tyner's defense is pretty good though so that may give SP some trouble.

As for mr all state, I think that 20 int's shouldn't warrant an all-state selection last year, and the thing with trey is that he doesn't get rid of the ball when he is in trouble and he locks on one reciever instead of going through his progressions.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No SPitt fan here! But unlike many other SPitt and Marion fans, I don't have an extreme hatred for the other team and can acknowledge when they have a good team. This is one of those years... After watching both teams play, I simply feel that SPitt is two td's better than what Tyner had on the field Friday night.

I just wasn't impressed at all with Tyner... outside of #28. Team speed is down considerably. DB's played poorly. OL didn't block well at all. Most of Tyner's positive yardage plays occurred after the ball carrier was hit in the back-field. Poor tackling by Marion made the Rams look much better than they are. AND they cannot PUNT. Turner better find someone on the team that can punt the ball downfield. Tyner's defense definitely can't afford to give SPitt good field position...

That's just the way I see things. I'll be at Whitwell watching my beloved Warriors play against the mighty kitty cats. The only Orange that I bleed is for that NO TACKLING bunch of Vols up in Knoxville /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> If my prediction makes you upset... sorry... but this is an honest prediction based on what I've seen...

Old Pirate says he rarely gets upset, but enjoys rattling other cages! OP says that orange you pull for is in trouble. They'll struggle to finish 6-5. OP's war eagles aren't much better. You think we need to become gators?

Has Tyner ever been able to punt? Thats nothing unusual. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The punting troubles come down to 2 things.......the long snapper takes too long to get the ball to the punter and the punter takes too much time getting the ball away. Tyner and South Pittsburg should be a really good game and I think it will be closer than most people expect...but, if Tyner can find any passing game at all, they should win.....

I think the Pirates win this one by two touchdowns. Tyner doesn't seem as dominant as they have been in the last few years and the Pirates have so many weapons in their arsenal that I think they will "outgun" the Rams. This should be a huge game for the Pirates. If I didn't have other responsibilities Friday night, I'd be there to see this battle. Should be game of the week. I'm sure that Hargis dude from the paper will be there to cover this one. (How do you get a ram to walk the plank?....) Go Pirates!

I think the Pirates win this one by two touchdowns. Tyner doesn't seem as dominant as they have been in the last few years and the Pirates have so many weapons in their arsenal that I think they will "outgun" the Rams. This should be a huge game for the Pirates. If I didn't have other responsibilities Friday night, I'd be there to see this battle. Should be game of the week. I'm sure that Hargis dude from the paper will be there to cover this one. (How do you get a ram to walk the plank?....) Go Pirates!

Old Pirate says, no need to walk the plank. The pirates need to fatten up on some ram stew.

OP says, Zone Pirate, is there any truth to the rumor the Pirates are going to have a new chant,similar to the one in the movie "Remember The Titans"?

The "upset" part of my post was aimed at the Tyner fans who were getting bothered because I was telling the truth about their beloved Rams... You ain't rattling my cage... SPitt won the right to talk this year so have at it..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says he probably has rattled that cage.... if not, then let me know, I'll put it on my list for things to do. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says he probably has rattled that cage.... if not, then let me know, I'll put it on my list for things to do. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I love Marion County Football. I have a lot of friends in South Pitt and only hate them one day of the year. Including the wife I married from South Pitt. South Pitt wins this game and I hope they win it big. Tyner is big but South Pitt has more heart and are more disciplined. I hardly ever say this but, "Go Pirates" I'll be in Whitwell watching the big purple kill whitwell.

Old Pirate says, no need to walk the plank. The pirates need to fatten up on some ram stew.

OP says, Zone Pirate, is there any truth to the rumor the Pirates are going to have a new chant,similar to the one in the movie "Remember The Titans"?

I haven't heard anything about a new chant but we have been concentrating on the Bledsoe game on Thursday. This one is even bigger than the Tyner game for us. Both teams are 5-0 and are hungry for the win.

I think all the Pirate fans need to remember Tyner is a very good team. They did not play their best against Jasper. I think they were looking past Jasper and got a little sloppy at times. They played much better against Fulton and almost beat them. They will be pumped sky high for this game and it will be a dog fight.