Smyrna (3-2) Vs. Gallatin (2-2)

seantn_4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!

I am about sick of hearing about poor young and inexpeienced Gallatin.

I am also tired of hearing how poorly coached they are and how the coach won't throw it enough etc etc

Smyrna is preparring for Gallatin and I mean GALLATIN and the tempo at practice is intense.

Smyrna has lots of players banged up and the bye week next week could not come at a better time to get everyone healed and ready for the region stretch.

Wilkes had his worst game of his career last week so hopefully he got that out of the way and will be back to himself this week.

Sonny is also getting closer to 100% and hopefully by game time friday he will be.

But once again the forgotten man for Smyrna is Jeremiah Bryson the freshman tb. He is something special (132 yards against BA - 142 Yards against Blackman )

I expect Gallatins best game of the year.

I sure hope poor little ole Gallatin can hold Smyrna under 100pts Friday night...

poor ole gallatin is gonna come out hard... me being a long time supporter of the green wave, i think that no one needs to dictate the score of two teams that will obviously prepare greatly for each other. Gallatin put down glencliff. is it because glencliff was not a good opponent? Or was it because the green wave finally found team unity. If the wave wins, it is because the other team was sorry. If they lose, then that is because the wave is sorry. I sre hope both teams come out hard. because both teams are gonna need it. Maybe if the wave wins most of the fair weather ghs fans will shut up and start supporting the boys in uniform

I sure hope poor little ole Gallatin can hold Smyrna under 100pts Friday night...

poor ole gallatin is gonna come out hard... me being a long time supporter of the green wave, i think that no one needs to dictate the score of two teams that will obviously prepare greatly for each other. Gallatin put down glencliff. is it because glencliff was not a good opponent? Or was it because the green wave finally found team unity. If the wave wins, it is because the other team was sorry. If they lose, then that is because the wave is sorry. I sre hope both teams come out hard. because both teams are gonna need it. Maybe if the wave wins most of the fair weather ghs fans will shut up and start supporting the boys in uniform

Anybody who thinks that Glencliff is anywhere close to the talent level of a DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION Smyrna obviously has no idea what the Green Wave will be in for come Friday night. You can not equate the competition anyway you disect it. Sorry but Smyrna is an offensive machine and as Cat pointed out they also have a very overlooked defensive unit as well.

And even though you might not want to hear it, fact is that Gallatin does not have the experience level of any team we will face this year.

And just like just1np pointed out, in games like this Lassiter does play it ultraconservative and does not allow a lot of pass plays until we are in catchup mode. Which in this case could spell a short night for the Bulldog starters.

Point being that this will be a total role reversal. Gallatin used to be the top dog looking to take a big bite out of teams like Smyrna. However, this year it will be the Bulldogs who come into Green Wave Country as the heavy favorites looking to pick up another win against the former foe.

Having seen every loss (3) Gallatin has had against Smyrna, I can asure you that it has never been as one-sided as it is this year.

Now I love this series. Smyrna is always a topnotch opponent and they have good support and fans. Lots of really fun games have been played between the two. But I do have one complaint. Why is it ya'll always have some young stud like Jeremiah Bryson whos name we will here about for 3 or 4 years. I always think that surely they have graduated and then come to find out that they have 2 more years left to play. It seems like Wolke and Luke Powell played over there forever before they were finally given a diploma. Now we have 2 freshman to contend with. I bet they will both be D1 prospects before it is over. C'mon play the slow senior....please.

ok lou (lou holtz)

Just kidding

I know gallatin lost a ton of seniors last year and while I haved a ton of repsect for gallatin the truth is if smyrna plays their game they should win.

Sonny Gray is 100% and is throwing the ball great. I will bet he will have more than 85 yards friday night and that Wilkes will not drop 4 balls again.

I know the folks in Gallatin wouldn't have it any other way and as much as they love football actually want to see the best players. Watch Gray in warm ups and you will see he has a cannon.

What can we expect from Gallatin? I know they have a mobile qb and run lots of sets trying to get the defense mis aligned.

And as for good players well ------- jamison link beat us by himself one year!!

ok lou (lou holtz)

Just kidding

I know gallatin lost a ton of seniors last year and while I haved a ton of repsect for gallatin the truth is if smyrna plays their game they should win.

Sonny Gray is 100% and is throwing the ball great. I will bet he will have more than 85 yards friday night and that Wilkes will not drop 4 balls again.

I know the folks in Gallatin wouldn't have it any other way and as much as they love football actually want to see the best players. Watch Gray in warm ups and you will see he has a cannon.

What can we expect from Gallatin? I know they have a mobile qb and run lots of sets trying to get the defense mis aligned.

And as for good players well ------- jamison link beat us by himself one year!!

You can expect GALLATIN to come out in the smokestack I formation and run it 60 times friday night!!!

just kidding..... I think the coach will run the wing " G " ......nahh you pretty well got it right, what about SMYRNA yall have been rushing alot more the past few games find something new or is it Grays injury

PAST 2 GAMES -- 71 RUSHING att. 28 passing att.