Wilson Central @ Coffee County

WCfan09

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has lost to Wilson Central who is still undefeated. We lost to Lavergne by 10 who was ranked #9 in the state when we played them and undefeated til this week. Of course we played Riverdale who is 5-0 and #1 in the state. There is no shame in losing to any of these schools. All are in contention for the playoffs.

Smyrna has played:

Siegel .....winless in the region at 0-3

Blackman....winless in the region at 0-3

Lebanon- with 2 region wins, and wins over Smyrna and Lavergne

They beat Brentwood who won its first game this week.

Smyrna has yet to play any of the region teams that we have played so far.....the playoff contenders. Not saying they will lose to any of them , but you will see first hand that every one of those teams are well-coached and are capable of beating anyone!!

Of course the win over CC is looking better and better to us ..........

from what I have seen in person and on film

riverdale/lebanon/smyrna/lavergne playing for region position 1 thru 4

wc - could move up but still play all the above teams plus an improved blackman

the lose one and your out teams

blackman - must win 4 in a row on the positive have already played riverdale,smyrna.lavergne

oakland - must win 4 in a row still have smyrna and lebanon

siegel - done not matematically but might as well be

once agin just my opinion on how it looks right now but a lot of things coulsd still happen

Wow, it's only Sunday and already 4 pages on this thread. Alright folks, that sweep versus Warren Co. was great I will have to admit. Coffee's defense really stepped it up in that game. The similarities between Tullahoma and Warren Co. were that neither could stop the run very well. We were able to run all over them. Both teams had problems with fumbling and muffing kickoff returns/punts. I am not at all sure what that was all about. I am not taking anything away from the CC defense. I am just saying that those two teams stepped on their own feet too many times. There are people on here saying that CC could take on the likes of Riverdale no problem and stuff like that. Coffee Co. can't get ahead of themselves too fast. Maybe CC could take on those teams... maybe not. What I am saying is that is too far down the line to be looking. It's especially dangerous for the players to be thinking that way. The players should have blinders on. The only game that they should see is the next game. Because when the playoffs roll around, you want to just speculate who the next team could be and it's just a distraction. That said, I would like to wish both teams luck. There is no more victory celebrations for last week... there is no game after Wilson Central. That is the mentality. Keep it clean. Go Raiders!

I will just say that CC wins by under 10 points. From what I hear WC is pretty good, but I haven't seen them myself.

Wow, it's only Sunday and already 4 pages on this thread. Alright folks, that sweep versus Warren Co. was great I will have to admit. Coffee's defense really stepped it up in that game. The similarities between Tullahoma and Warren Co. were that neither could stop the run very well. We were able to run all over them. Both teams had problems with fumbling and muffing kickoff returns/punts. I am not at all sure what that was all about. I am not taking anything away from the CC defense. I am just saying that those two teams stepped on their own feet too many times. There are people on here saying that CC could take on the likes of Riverdale no problem and stuff like that. Coffee Co. can't get ahead of themselves too fast. Maybe CC could take on those teams... maybe not. What I am saying is that is too far down the line to be looking. It's especially dangerous for the players to be thinking that way. The players should have blinders on. The only game that they should see is the next game. Because when the playoffs roll around, you want to just speculate who the next team could be and it's just a distraction. That said, I would like to wish both teams luck. There is no more victory celebrations for last week... there is no game after Wilson Central. That is the mentality. Keep it clean. Go Raiders!

I will just say that CC wins by under 10 points. From what I hear WC is pretty good, but I haven't seen them myself.

The mark of a good football team is when you know what the're going to do offensively, but you still can't stop them. The three-headed monster at Coffee Co just seems to keep getting a little better each week and the confidence the Red Raiders gained in beating Cookeville and Tullahoma means a lot to this team. Certainly the defense has gotten better. I'll admit I don't know much about Wilson Central except they are undefeated and beat the only team to win against Coffee Co. This could be one of the best games in the state Friday nite. If Coffee Co doesn't have many TURNOVERS, they can win this game. If the Red Raiders make the play-offs, they will be playing teams like Wilson Central every game. Good luck Coffee Co and stay focused.

its not just who CC has played in the season its also who they played last spring and preseason. Price has always scrimaged tough teams to help get his boys ready for the season and it is paying off. I agree our boys need to think about WC only and i feel sure that Price will take care of that. the play offs are along way off and it is normal for Fans to think about that and Coaches are use to that, its there job to keep the kids focused on the next game, and this is not Coach Price's first time around, he has been in this same situation before and knows how to deal with it. Look for great game. Good luck to both.

Coffee County fans who are on here talking nonsense take a deep breath and count to ten.... I agree this is the best Coffee County team in a LONG time.... Better than the 1997 team as a whole... and I agree that the team has gotten much better since the first two weeks of the season... BUT the Raiders will have to bring their a-game this week... Wilson Central has a very good football team and if you remember Wilson got their first football win ever against a 4-0 Coffee County team in 2003.... Having said all that...

Raiders listen to your coaches this week... contain on defense, play hard for four quarters... keep giving the big hits, play with pride and protect the football and you CAN win this game......

wilson central will beat cc by at least 14 maybe 21.

cc lost 2 oaklnad a team that has not won a region game yet .

oakland also got beat by wilson central fairly easy last week

Region 4 5a teams are so far ahead of this region it is not even close. Most of the teams in that region would not even make the playoffs in region 4 5a.

The only thing that makes me even hesitate for a moment is cc beat cookeville a team that is always solid but the loss to Oakland balances that out. WC is a lot better than Oakland and has some athletes with speed.

Blackman a winless region 4 team went down and beat LC easily

CC and state title tallk? Are you serious? Sorry but wins over teams likw shelbyville, warren county and tullahoma will not be what you see in the playoffs. Right now the winner of this region will probably host either riverdale, lavergne,lebanon or smyrna and I dont see them beating any of them.

not saying we are going to win the title just suggesting that cc should be getting better respect then they are getting from most

lost to oakland with "d" lineman out this is now the most improved part of the team

defense is three times better now then it was then

got over confident in shelbyville leading 28-14 on the lighting delay weekend

learned a big lesson about letting teams back in the game

beat a soild cookville team that could win out now after beating lebanon

beat t-town 42-21 which is our biggest game of the year no matter what the records are

beat a 4-0 warren c tean at wc on homcoming 40-0 that pre-game was supposed to be

a big time game with two good teams noe we all think wc is a bad team

i have not seen wc but seems like they need this win more than we do to prove

they can beat someone

i think both teams will make the playoffs and could upset one or two teams

being from cc all your life you just tend to get excited in times like these

expecting a great game friday night with two teams out to prove somthing

like i said before cc must get beter weekly and this week we are playing a true playoff team

cc 28

wc 17

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!

not saying we are going to win the title just suggesting that cc should be getting better respect then they are getting from most

lost to oakland with "d" lineman out this is now the most improved part of the team

defense is three times better now then it was then

got over confident in shelbyville leading 28-14 on the lighting delay weekend

learned a big lesson about letting teams back in the game

beat a soild cookville team that could win out now after beating lebanon

beat t-town 42-21 which is our biggest game of the year no matter what the records are

beat a 4-0 warren c tean at wc on homcoming 40-0 that pre-game was supposed to be

a big time game with two good teams noe we all think wc is a bad team

i have not seen wc but seems like they need this win more than we do to prove

they can beat someone

i think both teams will make the playoffs and could upset one or two teams

being from cc all your life you just tend to get excited in times like these

expecting a great game friday night with two teams out to prove somthing

like i said before cc must get beter weekly and this week we are playing a true playoff team

cc 28

wc 17

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't sound like your giving us much respect by saying your gonna put up 28 on us...