Wilson Central @ Coffee County

WCfan09

Predictions? Who comes away with the win?

This is the best CC team since 1982 (7-3 regular season and a bowl win against Whites Creek) and its been a LONG time coming! I have had the privledge of witnessing some of the most memorable CC games of the last 25+ yrs (7-6 loss to Tullahoma in 1980, 9-6 win @ Lincoln Co in 1982, wins over Franklin Co and Lincoln Co in 1997, and one-for-the ages 14-12 win over Tullahoma in 2003) and the 2007 team has as much or more talent, resilence, guts, and confidence as any of these teams from the past. This isn't the same team that barely beat much improved Shelbyville and lost to a defensive power Oakland. Over the last 3 weeks this team has gained the confidence to stand toe-to-toe with the best 5A teams in the state. If you didn't witness the Warren County mauling on their field, you missed one of the greatest defensive games in CC's history.

Wilson Central will probably be favored by 3 points, but I think CC will prevail @ home:

Coffee County 21

Wilson Central 20

Go Red Raiders!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best CC team since 1982 (7-3 regular season and a bowl win against Whites Creek) and its been a LONG time coming! I have had the privledge of witnessing some of the most memorable CC games of the last 25+ yrs (7-6 loss to Tullahoma in 1980, 9-6 win @ Lincoln Co in 1982, wins over Franklin Co and Lincoln Co in 1997, and one-for-the ages 14-12 win over Tullahoma in 2003) and the 2007 team has as much or more talent, resilence, guts, and confidence as any of these teams from the past. This isn't the same team that barely beat much improved Shelbyville and lost to a defensive power Oakland. Over the last 3 weeks this team has gained the confidence to stand toe-to-toe with the best 5A teams in the state. If you didn't witness the Warren County mauling on their field, you missed one of the greatest defensive games in CC's history.

Wilson Central will probably be favored by 3 points, but I think CC will prevail @ home:

Coffee County 21

Wilson Central 20

Go Red Raiders!

agreed. great post

IF CC DEFENSE PLAYS EQUAL OR BETTER THEN IT HAS IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS THEN WC WILL HAVE AT LEAST FOUR TURNOVERS AND LOSE A GOOD GAME. CC IS LIVING ON ITS DEFENSE AND RUNNING ATTACK. BETWEEN KJ,GOINS.AND TINSLEY THEY HAVE CLOSE TO 1600 YARD RUNNING THROUGH FIVE GAMES THATS OVER 300 YARDS A GAME. THIS HAS KEPT HOBBS (QB) FROM HAVING TO RUN BUT HE CAN IF NEED BE. HE CAN ALSO GET THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD THROUGH THE AIR IF YOU WANT TO BRING EVERBODY INTO THE BOX. THE DEFENSE HAS TURNED INTO A HUNGERY BEAST LOOKING FOR ANYONE TO HIT AND HIT HARD. OVER HALF OF THE TURNOVERS FROM OPPOSING TEAMS THIS YEAR HAS BEEN JARRED OUT BY THESE HITS. I SEEN 2P... COMMENT ON THESE HITS IN OAKLAND THEY HAVE GONE TO A NEW LEVEL NOW. MOST IMPRESSIVE THE "D' LINE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE AND I HAVE WATCHED SOME VERY GOOD TEAMS PLAY INCLUDING THE RUN OF STATE CHAMPION TEAMS FROM RIVERDALE AND LINCOIN COUNTY. IF THEY IMPROVE ANY AS A TEAM I WILL SAY THEY WIN AT HOME IN FRONT OF 4000 RED RAIDER FAITHFUL. BOTH TEAMS SEEM TO BE DOING GOOD THINGS AND WILL BE AROUND TO MAKE SOME NOISE COME PLAYOFF TIME. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS LETS GET READY THIS IS A TRUE PLAYOFF TEAM THAT WE ARE PLAYING THIS WEEK.

CC 28

WC 17

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Coffee is having a decent year and you start talking about contending with top teams in the state and a state title! You beat us which is nothing to brag about were not very good this year. The whole region as a whole is down compared to any year year i can remember. Its good your winning but you ask yourself why people are always downing coffee co its because of the comments made and the unbelievable quotes on here. Region3-5a could get swept through the playsoffs. Your team is winning so let the scores do the talking. Good luck and make a statement by beating WC!

IF CC DEFENSE PLAYS EQUAL OR BETTER THEN IT HAS IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS THEN WC WILL HAVE AT LEAST FOUR TURNOVERS AND LOSE A GOOD GAME. CC IS LIVING ON ITS DEFENSE AND RUNNING ATTACK. BETWEEN KJ,GOINS.AND TINSLEY THEY HAVE CLOSE TO 1600 YARD RUNNING THROUGH FIVE GAMES THATS OVER 300 YARDS A GAME. THIS HAS KEPT HOBBS (QB) FROM HAVING TO RUN BUT HE CAN IF NEED BE. HE CAN ALSO GET THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD THROUGH THE AIR IF YOU WANT TO BRING EVERBODY INTO THE BOX. THE DEFENSE HAS TURNED INTO A HUNGERY BEAST LOOKING FOR ANYONE TO HIT AND HIT HARD. OVER HALF OF THE TURNOVERS FROM OPPOSING TEAMS THIS YEAR HAS BEEN JARRED OUT BY THESE HITS. I SEEN 2P... COMMENT ON THESE HITS IN OAKLAND THEY HAVE GONE TO A NEW LEVEL NOW. MOST IMPRESSIVE THE "D' LINE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE AND I HAVE WATCHED SOME VERY GOOD TEAMS PLAY INCLUDING THE RUN OF STATE CHAMPION TEAMS FROM RIVERDALE AND LINCOIN COUNTY. IF THEY IMPROVE ANY AS A TEAM I WILL SAY THEY WIN AT HOME IN FRONT OF 4000 RED RAIDER FAITHFUL. BOTH TEAMS SEEM TO BE DOING GOOD THINGS AND WILL BE AROUND TO MAKE SOME NOISE COME PLAYOFF TIME. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS LETS GET READY THIS IS A TRUE PLAYOFF TEAM THAT WE ARE PLAYING THIS WEEK.

CC 28

WC 17

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RADIERFAN1.

Nice post but very hard to read.Please TURN YOUR CAPS OFF!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Otherwise,go Red Raiders! Beat Wilson Central!

THE SQUAD /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wow..I dont know much about CC but it seems like ya'll are having a pretty good year. I'll tell ya back in the spring by looking at the schedule i kinda counted you guys as a win but it looks like were gonna have our hands full Friday night. Im looking forward to it. hopefully were not looking past you guys since we have Lebanon next week! It's a long drive but we should have plenty of fans there ourselves.

wilson central will beat cc by at least 14 maybe 21.

cc lost 2 oaklnad a team that has not won a region game yet .

oakland also got beat by wilson central fairly easy last week

Region 4 5a teams are so far ahead of this region it is not even close. Most of the teams in that region would not even make the playoffs in region 4 5a.

The only thing that makes me even hesitate for a moment is cc beat cookeville a team that is always solid but the loss to Oakland balances that out. WC is a lot better than Oakland and has some athletes with speed.

Blackman a winless region 4 team went down and beat LC easily

CC and state title tallk? Are you serious? Sorry but wins over teams likw shelbyville, warren county and tullahoma will not be what you see in the playoffs. Right now the winner of this region will probably host either riverdale, lavergne,lebanon or smyrna and I dont see them beating any of them.

CC and state title tallk? Are you serious? Sorry but wins over teams likw shelbyville, warren county and tullahoma will not be what you see in the playoffs. Right now the winner of this region will probably host either riverdale, lavergne,lebanon or smyrna and I dont see them beating any of them.

Cat,

Looks as if you have already eliminated us from the playoff picture??

samiam