Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

Thats because DB won. And it will not get any better for 2 more weeks. Win this Friday and off next. Give it 5 weeks when DB plays JC and the first round playoff game has arrived. Stay tuned.

Betsy keeps it close until the game starts. Just a thought for one of the KIDS..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world would Elizabethton agree to this game? Great for making money and that is about it. Oh well, I'd love to see DB take them light, but I just don't see it this week.

Bethton will be tough in a couple of years, but still rebuilding right now.

Why? Well to get better you must play better competition Betsy may stuggle this game, but they will get to see where they want to get to in a couple of years. IMO smart move to schedule a tougher non-conf. game. So why not schedule the DB's, the South's, the Boone's and so on, so your kids can see what you are trying to achieve with the program. Watch and see how much it has helped DB's players to see how much they needed to raise their level of play. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DB wins on the score board, Betsy wins experience! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Good Luck to all the Indians and Cyclones! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why? Well to get better you must play better competition Betsy may stuggle this game, but they will get to see where they want to get to in a couple of years. IMO smart move to schedule a tougher non-conf. game. So why not schedule the DB's, the South's, the Boone's and so on, so your kids can see what you are trying to achieve with the program. Watch and see how much it has helped DB's players to see how much they needed to raise their level of play. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DB wins on the score board, Betsy wins experience! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Good Luck to all the Indians and Cyclones! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good post.I'd say that's why we put WB on our schedule as well. You need some hard games and a few that you should win.If we didn't have a playoff system like big time college,then I might be a little more worried about playing a bunch of hard games outside of my region.Roll Tribe

Good post.I'd say that's why we put WB on our schedule as well. You need some hard games and a few that you should win.If we didn't have a playoff system like big time college,then I might be a little more worried about playing a bunch of hard games outside of my region.Roll Tribe

DB Dad

Hope all is well in Kingsport. My Govs play Maryville this week, My only question is, what in the world are you doing up at this time of the day? I've had to work all night and I'm waiting on the relief man. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Sounds like your recievers are starting to catch the ball and things are looking up... Good luck the rest of the season... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO GOVS

Hearing reports that we had a really strong wk of practice, and the offense is going to have another huge night, I know its Betsy we are playing friday night but this gives the boys confidence and that they expect to score on every drive. Look for #7 and #10 to have another big night in the passing game, and should have over 200 yrds rushing as a team.

DB Dad

Hope all is well in Kingsport. My Govs play Maryville this week, My only question is, what in the world are you doing up at this time of the day? I've had to work all night and I'm waiting on the relief man. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Sounds like your recievers are starting to catch the ball and things are looking up... Good luck the rest of the season... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO GOVS

All is well up here,and I wish you guys all the best against Maryville.I had to hit the road early this morning,and I'm just getting home.I hope we can keep the good catches going and hope both our teams do well from here on out. I wish I could be down there for your game this week,but I'll be pulling for the Tribe and waiting to hear the score down your way.

I like the idea of the Wide Receiver screen to J. Sylvester. He is very quick and fast, which are different things. He's blessed with both. As an example, Throp from last year hadd pretty good speed, but his strength was his extreme quickness. Very quick with the roundball. Back to Justin, did not know his ankle was not 100%. I think if you can get him the ball quickly, given the cushion corners give in this area, he'll move the sticks most of the time. I still don't think the freshman RB has the speed as some DB backs have had and from what I hear he's pretty strong, so I automaticlly think FB and ILB. Again, I am basing this on the game I saw and comparing him to another team's RB. Maybe he's picked up some speed. I always thought speed was God-given, but I have heard some say speed can be improved. I really don't know. If the season does not go well towards the middle and end of the year, I certainly would say let's move him up along with other youngsters and start training for the future. BUT, I'm not expecting the remander of the season to go poorly and I am not giving up on the current crop of Indians. Speaking of the future, and knowing there are TSSAA limits on age and eligibility, how many years will this freshman be able to play? Hate the idea of a kid not being able to play his senior year, but I understand and respect the rules.

Elizabethton has had teams that can play with anybody in the past

Yes and I played against a 99 team that killed everyone in 4A, then went over to DB and got blown out of the water. When a team is rebuilding (and rebuilding big time) i just don't see why they would want to see this game. Future game, sure yes I want to see it, right now, no.

Games are scheduled 2 to 4 years in advance, generally in 2 year increments.

Betsy will not continue this series after next year. Also, I predict THS will keep the series for 2 more years and then drop it. This is only because they think their '09 class is better than DB's. The move to 5 classes, jerrymandered annexation policies allowed in TN, and the disparity in school enrollment will kill local football rivalries for DB. They will play SHHS, Boone and Crockett (after reclassification) and teams between here and Knoxville and even farther. The only thing DB has to offer a local 4A team is the band parent differential when you get them at your house - no other school anywhere brings 1000 band parents at $5 a head to your stadium. Take your money, take your L, and hope that not too many of your key people get hurt. I don't know the details and have heard many versions of what happened, but I do think the inability to win an occasional game and recent injury experiences weighed heavily on South dropping DB. At some point, the band parent revenue is not worth the cost. Schedule someone else and win a few. As for DB, that simply means 7-3 regular seasons and not 10-0 regular seasons. Perhaps the tougher non conference schedule will steel the Tribe for better playoff runs. That is to be determined.

I am not sure HS football in this area is well served by this. But it is the new reality.