Bearden @ Halls

HaveitYourWay

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls finally showed some toughness last week by coming back in a game that I thought was about to have the same outcome as last year. Julian must have fired the troops up at halftime. However, this week is another tough one. I have no clue who to pick in this one. Hopefully the place will be packed this week with Halls people. Several times last year the crowd really got into it, which has not happened in years. If the place is packed and the Halls faithful is rowdy, I give the game to the Devils.

The difference in Bearden and West. Bearden has kids that seem to give more than they take from the game. They seem so team oriented. The best I've seen in some time. Sure West has better looking athletes, but when the time comes I want the guy that is going to catch it in the middle.

I agree Leonard, after watching them on Comcast they appear to be overall a team. I didn't see that many passes over the middle though. West seemed to throw the ball inside more than Bearden on crossing routes and such. Seems like Bearden lines up and throws either a go route, deep out or post. Now I know that's not the only routes and of course that's just one game, but that's what it seemed like. Anyway you cut it though, Bearden is a lot better defensively up front than West. The big guys inside seemed to play more technique and were physical. Halls better be ready for a physical defensive front. Other thing I noticed is WRs for Bearden appear to be fairly physical as well.

This should be an interesting game. It probably would be considered one of the better games of the week if it weren't for Murvil and Billy Blount. I think Bearden will get this one in a close matchup, probably not as high scoring as last week.

Good point Leonard and I believe most here would agree the same about Halls. Its all about team spirit and everyone coming together and making this program now one of the best. Bearden like alluded to before have more seasoned seniors going up against our top heavy juniors but we have some excellent senior contributors that in my mind levels the playing field.

Should be a close one. Ruse thinks a high scoring affair I'm just not so sure.

Division I Class AAAA

# Team Record Pts (1st)

1 Maryville 247 (11)

2 Hillsboro 151 (0)

3 Red Bank 132 (0)

4 Kenwood 112 (2)

5 Maplewood 101 (0)

6 Sullivan South 91 (0)

7 Henry Co. 61 (0)

8 Brainerd 45 (0)

9 Fairley 44 (0)

10 Tennessee 42 (0)

Others receiving votes: Mt. Juliet 37, Daniel Boone 36, Knoxville Halls 34, Powell 33, Jackson Central-Merry 32, West 30, Johnson Co. 30, Clinton 26

Looks like we are getting some respect I hope it continues.

OK we know that the polls dont mean anything in High School football, but it is nice to get some recognition. Bearden is #7 in 5A. But you have to wonder who is voting in these polls, I mean Clinton is receivuing votes? They have only beaten Campbell County & South Doyle & they are 2-2 give me a break! No disrespect but Clinton hasnt had a winning team in close to 10 years.... & West is just 2-3 but they are also receiving votes their only wins are over South Doyle & a 1-4 Sevier Co. team. The polls dont mean anything & most of the people that vote probably dont know jack about football.

OK we know that the polls dont mean anything in High School football, but it is nice to get some recognition. Bearden is #7 in 5A. But you have to wonder who is voting in these polls, I mean Clinton is receivuing votes? They have only beaten Campbell County & South Doyle & they are 2-2 give me a break! No disrespect but Clinton hasnt had a winning team in close to 10 years.... & West is just 2-3 but they are also receiving votes their only wins are over South Doyle & a 1-4 Sevier Co. team. The polls dont mean anything & most of the people that vote probably dont know jack about football.

that appears to be the fan poll from coacht...that would be just a popularity contest, not exactly who is best from a subjective manner

Yep I picked up the wrong one this is a fan driven poll.

But on the other hand I'm still glad we are remotely mentioned.

We haven't had much love in the media lately. I expect us to be a two touchdown underdog this week in everyone eyes. I think that just makes us even more hungrier.

Hello to all my fans that have missed me. My PC had been down when my boy spilled Rc Cola on it. Well anyways glad to see Halls off to a great start. I believe if Halls can play like they can, I give them the edge over a good Bearden squad!

Good gracious alive! We took a vote and it was unanimously felt that you had a experienced some terrible misfortune like getting into a bad case of Moon Pies. Glad you're back.

Hello to all my fans that have missed me. My PC had been down when my boy spilled Rc Cola on it. Well anyways glad to see Halls off to a great start. I believe if Halls can play like they can, I give them the edge over a good Bearden squad!

My oh my. You weren't abducted by aliens after all /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . we have been chowing down on all the RC's and moonpies we could find and its working Halls has started out 3-1. Hasn't been the same without you. Your just in time for the meat of the schedule. Time to kick it in overdrive.