McMinn @ Rhea

MRSTUD

With McMinn coming off of a big win vs. Farragut, how will the do against Rhea? After Rhea was beaten up and down the field, and made to like it, how will they bounce back? Will Rhea fix their fumble woes and tacking mechanics over the next week in preparation for McMinn? What do you think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say this will be a tough game for the cherokees after a big Region 2 5A victory over the #3 ranked 5A team in Tennessee.

Rhea is much improved from years past but I do not think they can slow down McMinn and it's "Shuck and Duck" offense......Evansville is a difficult place to visit and escape with a victory and hopefully the tribe is focused on the golden eagles and not Oak Ridge the following week.

McMinn 31

Rhea 10

Well it is time to regroup in Rhea County. I knew last night and next friday would be the games that would be trouble for Rhea. Brainerd lived up to their hype and proved they are a lot better team than people give them credit. I really wish Rhea would have played McMinn before Brainerd. From what I have seen and heard of McMinn. They are very good infact maybe one of the strongest teams out of Athens in along time. They run pretty much the same style as Brainerd except they are a little slower. Once again Rhea will have to contain better especially after last night because McMinn's QB is one of the best in the state. Mr. Devon Johnson is very good, he can run and throw to a good group of wide receivers. Wow this game is starting to sound oddly like Brainerd. We didn't play well and Brainerd just figured out how to beat us and avoid the blitz. McMinn has beaten some very powerful teams out of east tennessee so far and probably should have beaten Ooltewah.

Now I know from talking to a couple of the players after the game and today they are mad and frustarted. Which I'm hoping leads to a intense week of practice and a hard fought game against McMinn. Fix what is wrong this week (fumbles and run defense), and continue to work with Swafford and the wide receivers.

Well it is time to regroup in Rhea County. I knew last night and next friday would be the games that would be trouble for Rhea. Brainerd lived up to their hype and proved they are a lot better team than people give them credit. I really wish Rhea would have played McMinn before Brainerd. From what I have seen and heard of McMinn. They are very good infact maybe one of the strongest teams out of Athens in along time. They run pretty much the same style as Brainerd except they are a little slower. Once again Rhea will have to contain better especially after last night because McMinn's QB is one of the best in the state. Mr. Devon Johnson is very good, he can run and throw to a good group of wide receivers. Wow this game is starting to sound oddly like Brainerd. We didn't play well and Brainerd just figured out how to beat us and avoid the blitz. McMinn has beaten some very powerful teams out of east tennessee so far and probably should have beaten Ooltewah.

Now I know from talking to a couple of the players after the game and today they are mad and frustarted. Which I'm hoping leads to a intense week of pratice and a hard fought game against McMinn. Fix what is wrong this week (fumbles and run defense), and continue to work with Swafford and the wide receivers.

I AGREE. THEY NEED TO WORK HARD ON TACKLING DRILLS. THEY ALSO NEED TO STOP BEING SO CONCERNED ABOUT HOW FAST THEIR RECEIVERS ARE AND START THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMEONE ON THE FIELD THAT ACTUALLY WANTS THE BALL. A COUPLE OF THE RECEIVERS ARE DOING A FINE JOB AND A COUPLE ARE NOT. SPEED IS GREAT, BUT IF THEY CONSISTANTLY DON'T MAKE THE PLAY, THEN FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN EVEN IF THEY ARE A LITTLE SLOWER.

I AGREE. THEY NEED TO WORK HARD ON TACKLING DRILLS. THEY ALSO NEED TO STOP BEING SO CONCERNED ABOUT HOW FAST THEIR RECEIVERS ARE AND START THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMEONE ON THE FIELD THAT ACTUALLY WANTS THE BALL. A COUPLE OF THE RECEIVERS ARE DOING A FINE JOB AND A COUPLE ARE NOT. SPEED IS GREAT, BUT IF THEY CONSISTANTLY DON'T MAKE THE PLAY, THEN FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN EVEN IF THEY ARE A LITTLE SLOWER.

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

McMinn has alot of confidence at this point in the season and is poised to make a run at the Region 2 5A championship but they first have to be focused and take care of business @ Rhea County. I say they spank Rhea with a balanced attack of running and throwing to give OR something to prepare for other then #8.

Dangerous team.....

Dangerous place to play.....

Must maintain focues and have FUN!!!!!

GO TRIBE!!!!!

i have to go with the home team here. being a red bank boy i can tell you both places are very difficult to win at. im pulling for rhea because we are in the same region but i think mcminn will take it.

good luck rhea!!

Apparently you don't know a whole lot. You say you are going with the home team. Then you say that McMinn will take it. I hate to tell you, but the game is at Rhea. You just contradicted yourself!

McMinn has alot of confidence at this point in the season and is poised to make a run at the Region 2 5A championship but they first have to be focused and take care of business @ Rhea County. I say they spank Rhea with a balanced attack of running and throwing to give OR something to prepare for other then #8.

Dangerous team.....

Dangerous place to play.....

Must maintain focues and have FUN!!!!!

GO TRIBE!!!!!

Yes McMinn does have alot of confidence especially with the huge win over Farragut in two overtimes. But I think Rhea County can and will bounce back after a humbling loss to maybe one of the best 4A teams in the state in Brainerd. I think this game will be the closest game in the last 3 years. Just because both teams have the talent and the gameplans to win. I believe Rhea will have to game plan around the back field of McMinn. Every player in their back field is dangerous and can make plays. I do think McMinn has a excellent shot at winning Region 2-5A title and have the shot to go deep in the play-offs. But McMinn has to get past OR and William Blunt to do that.

After breaking down last week's game with Brainerd. If Rhea would have just held on to the football and scored in the redzone. That game would have been a lot closer. Brainerd scored some 20 something points well over half their points off of turnovers. Eliminate turnovers and that will help eliminating points for the other team. Rhea will have to tackle better which I expect that they will. Then again Brainerd was so good at breaking tackles. Everytime Rhea would get to Brainerds players, they would spin out of the tackle, which just means Rhea just needs to wrap up. The offense is fine especially the running game, 400+ yards last week. It is just the defense can't give up 300 yards rushing again.