What if there was a Blount county high school?

cosbybasketball30

I was sittin here just thinking about all the good football teams in that area and they are all in blount county! i know Alcoa, Maryville, and William Blount are in the same county. it would be crazy to combine them, and it could be feasible to do it.

william blount already plays at the highest classification so to add to that really wouldnt be feasible. i was about to say combine maryville and alcoa to make a 5A school but forgot that maryville is supposed to be one anyways lol

Would be an interesting game 'if' they played a combo school from Rutherford County then.

My money would be on Rutherford County though.

there isnt any way they would lose to anyone. alcoa dont lose in 2A and Maryville dont lose in 4A. that would be the best school in the nation. maryville is 16th in the nation as it is. it would be unreal

I was sittin here just thinking about all the good football teams in that area and they are all in blount county! i know Alcoa, Maryville, and William Blount are in the same county. it would be crazy to combine them, and it could be feasible to do it.

I see this come up every once in a while with counties like Rutherford, Wilson, Williamson and now Blount, well, I'll tell you what you would have, a school with about 4000+ students!!! You should dominate everything period, with that many to pick from!!

Now you could combine Alcoa and maybe Maryville and have a strong 5A program, but you know like I do that those communities wouldn't let that happen, too much tradition would be thrown in the garbage.That's why we have new schools built all the time (Rutherford Co.) because the student popoulation just gets too big to handle. We, Lincoln Co. have about 1100 students at the high school to pick from, and it is the only high school in the county, other than a newly opened private school (Riverside Christian Academy), the total population of the whole county is around 30 thousand people, some of the towns mentioned here have more than that by themselves. I wouldn't look for that to happen anytime soon.

I agree a Blount County school would be something to be reckoned with on a national level. But also a Williamson County high school would have similar success if one existed( Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, and Independence just to name a few). Granted the student population of just those four schools would exceed 6,000 students. They would definately have national recognition in just about all sports though. Just something to think about......