To A/AA

werner

Hola! Cabo,

What if you were to compare the times of the Sharp Springs Inv (MC) with the district meet of the alphabet soup schools??? How do MC 1-5 and their times stack up there?? Especially 3-5 of MC, FRA, and JC

I see it as who improves the most in the next three weeks as to what happens at Steeple. And anything can happen.

steeple really is its own beast. its pretty unique in its deceptively hard nature. i dont like comparing times on other courses...but everyone doesnt run steeple enough to get a good feel for whose got what.

how does everyone Jesse Owens compares to steeple. as there will be 3 good a/aa teams running there this weekend

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steeple really is its own beast. its pretty unique in its deceptively hard nature. i dont like comparing times on other courses...but everyone doesnt run steeple enough to get a good feel for whose got what.

how does everyone Jesse Owens compares to steeple. as there will be 3 good a/aa teams running there this weekend

From Tennessee Classic to Jesse Owens last year (3 weeks) it was on average about 40 seconds faster (JO). I actually went 70 but then again... going out at 5:05 (JO) verses 5:45 (TNC) would help with that.

This year it was like 15 seconds faster. The coolness of the Classic and the heat at Jesse Owens really played a part.

Edit: Thinking about FRA's results a little more maybe it's like even to 10 seconds faster.

Since no one has posted in 3 days, how did Jesse Owens go for everyone?

Ryan Johnson went 16:29 to win Silver boys.

I rose from the grave to take 2nd in 16:36 - not bad for a dead guy eh?

FRA put 3 in the top 15 in the Bronze division and still didn't medal (top 5).

From Tennessee Classic to Jesse Owens last year (3 weeks) it was on average about 40 seconds faster (JO). I actually went 70 but then again... going out at 5:05 (JO) verses 5:45 (TNC) would help with that.

This year it was like 15 seconds faster. The coolness of the Classic and the heat at Jesse Owens really played a part.

Ryan Johnson went 16:29 to win Silver boys.

I rose from the grave to take 2nd in 16:36 - not bad for a dead guy eh?

FRA put 3 in the top 15 in the Bronze division and still didn't medal (top 5).

FRA's #4 wasn't there so that would be one reason, and their #5 needs to drop his time.

You don't like comparing times on other courses...................................................and you turn around and suggest to compare Owens times to steeple???????? That's real consistent.

Also, my illness the day before/of Classic and my one minute, fifty second PR at Owens (due to it being my first hard race of the season) helped with that average time being so large. So between you and I, that 40 seconds faster is rather deceptive.