McKenzie Hosts Gleason

HomeyTheClown

Your Not gonna believe this But.......

No Bigtime Receivers........... We Actually are Having problem holding On To Passes

Now The Run Game Has Came To Life. Tyler Moore, Jacob Fuzzell, Jake Johnson, And John Cambell. We Use Em All, And Each of Equal Talent. And Quinton Bowden Some, he's Real Fast.

Defense Is Awesome, If They Do Right And Not Make Coach Mad By Breaking Rules Outside of Football.

Tyler Reeder Number 58 Play Center On offense And Killer Of Runningbacks

Austin Winstead Big Powerful And Fast.

John Cambell Another two Wayer Form Northside Last Yr.

Speedy Secondary.

Summation: Awesome Team very Tallented but Our receivers of Late have me A Lil Worried. Not As Sharp as thier Talent is. Our Quarterback Derrick Carr Is Simply Awesome This Yr. Calmed Down From Last yr. If It Aint There He Don't Throw it. He'll take off. Not Afraid To throw over The Middle Either as he was last yr. And he Doesn't Rely On The Bomb Anymore. he's Vastly Improved And Confident. Now With the Games Left, If We improve on Our Receiving We Should be Ready To Make A Run we Aint There Yet. But It's looking Good From here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First to answer maverick, yeah there was one year that we all took our licks from Gleason and salvaged a tie of 0-0. That was one tough game!!!!

Second, I have to agree with butchie on the Rebels this season. Our receivers were awesome the first couple of games then things started going south for a couple of them. Payne is still very dependable and Kirk and Kee are hanging in there. Chapman is the go to receiver and he gets open with 6 staring him in the face but, it looks like he's started thinking ahead to after the catch too much or something. He will make a GREAT catch then have a couple of easy catches dropped. If he gets his edge back (which I have no doubt he will) and the others keep theirs, we'll be ridin' high!!

These Rebels are giving it all they've got and it's easy to see watching them. Actually, it's a pretty sight. When the consistency comes we're off to the races.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it easy on Gleason, duck...is there a 21 skunk rule in this game???

Can't say I've heard anything about a 21 skunk rule for this week but, if we're "easy" on anyone it would be Gleason I'm sure. Like I said, they are good neighbors. I'm sure Gleason will come to play and throw everything they have at us. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they don't make it interesting for a while.

There's just too much heavy artillery in M-town this season!

Can't say I've heard anything about a 21 skunk rule for this week but, if we're "easy" on anyone it would be Gleason I'm sure. Like I said, they are good neighbors. I'm sure Gleason will come to play and throw everything they have at us. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they don't make it interesting for a while.

There's just too much heavy artillery in M-town this season!

LOL...21 skunk is on Madden...I was just crackin a joke a Gleason

Although I dont see us having a problem, the guys still can't take it as a push over. Atleast until we start the 2nd quarter. I hate to say it, but I feel like our scores will be real high from here on out and it may look like we are running the score up, but that will not be the intention. I just think we have learned a lesson from resting the starters late in the games against teams who don't match up well with us and then, when we hit the playoffs, we are not as sharp and it cost us. The other side of the coin is you risk injury when it is not necessary late in the game.

Although I dont see us having a problem, the guys still can't take it as a push over. Atleast until we start the 2nd quarter. I hate to say it, but I feel like our scores will be real high from here on out and it may look like we are running the score up, but that will not be the intention. I just think we have learned a lesson from resting the starters late in the games against teams who don't match up well with us and then, when we hit the playoffs, we are not as sharp and it cost us. The other side of the coin is you risk injury when it is not necessary late in the game.

You are so right. It's a double edged sword from here on out. The last two seasons, playing easy teams the last 2-3 games cost the Rebels their edge and we didn't play well at all in the playoffs. It sure would be nice if we could get some of the tougher games shuffled through the entire 10 game schedule to prevent that from happening. McKenzie has never been one to intentionally run up a score but, nowdays it doesn't pay to sit back and rest either.

The other edge of that sword is the possibility of injury to key players late in a game that's under control!!! What do you do?????

I Say Run It Up! Let Em Whine And Complain Til next Yr. Laying Back With The Playoffs Coming Up Is Stupid. Don't CALL off The Dogs. If Ya Got Em Whooped, Then It's Time To Work On Stuff You Have been Weak At. And Putting in The Junior Class is Nice But i Feel It's A Mistake. You Can Send In A Few, But Your Offense And Defense Need To Remain Sharp. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I Say Run It Up! Let Em Whine And Complain Til next Yr. Laying Back With The Playoffs Coming Up Is Stupid. Don't CALL off The Dogs. If Ya Got Em Whooped, Then It's Time To Work On Stuff You Have been Weak At. And Putting in The Junior Class is Nice But i Feel It's A Mistake. You Can Send In A Few, But Your Offense And Defense Need To Remain Sharp. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have to stay sharp, especailly going into weeks 8,9 and 10 getting ready for week 11. I agree with working on things you have struggled with. Back in Spurriers days at Florida, he would catch heck b/c he would be smoking some team by 40 and he would run a throwback, reverse pass or something crazy. And it was all to see how it looked and if it worked. 9 out of 10 times, it did. It will be interesting to see how Coach Comer handles that this year. I know he is not the type of person to run it up on someone intentionally but we do have to stay sharp.