Next Up...Station Camp comes to Greenbrier

GreenbrierCat2

Just heard from one of the Station Camp parents that their tailback was out with a ruptured spleen. Hope is doing ok.

I hope it's not Bailey. He's had a great year this season. I'd like to see these two outstanding teams get it on with healthy rosters. That allows everyone to escape any excuses for why a team would win or lose the game.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it'll be another perfect night for HS football this Friday. I expect that this will be an exciting game to watch. SCs record speaks for itself. Other than DL early on, I believe that this will be the Cats first true test of the year and should give us a pretty good idea of how the region run is going to go. This is the perfect opportunity to make a statement.

BC - from what I've heard, no. And possibly not till the playoffs.

That's tough and I am sorry to all of the Station Camp fans, players, and especially to Richard Bailey himself. Last year he was a huge part, along with Schewe, of a Station Camp running game that really everytime you turned around was centered on Randall Toney. No question about it that Toney was a huge part of the Bison attack last year but Bailey played very well throughout the year. This season he has already rushed for 651 yards & 5TDs on just 93 carries to lead an unbeaten team. That's what I call stepping your game up another level when a superstar departs to graduation. Schewe also graduated last year. For this to happen now to Bailey is a tough pill to swallow all the way around for Station Camp. I hope they find a way to bounce back and get it going for the second half region run. It's going to be tough and a lot of pressure now shifts to Hunter Tope, and the passing game of quarterback Matthew Johnson & receivers L'Darius Moore and Jacob Barker.

Keep me updated on how the young man is doing!!!!

BC - from what I've heard, no. And possibly not till the playoffs.

If it's true that Bailey has a ruptured spleen, I honestly hate to hear that. These high school boys become so willing to lay their bodies on the line to be hit, battered and bruised during a football game, but at the same time I know it will be a different pain for a starter to be only a spectator due to an injury. But at the same time, we have to remember that our injuries such as these can be life-threatening and I'm sure the SC community, coaches and his parents want him healthy instead of taking any more risks. SC is a good team that have others that can fill the bill while he is healing.

I think I can speak for the Greenbrier fans and team to say we do sincerely wish him a speedy and full recovery.

May God grant this game be one with no injuries on either side.

If it's true that Bailey has a ruptured spleen, I honestly hate to hear that. These high school boys become so willing to lay their bodies on the line to be hit, battered and bruised during a football game, but at the same time I know it will be a different pain for a starter to be only a spectator due to an injury. But at the same time, we have to remember that our injuries such as these can be life-threatening and I'm sure the SC community, coaches and his parents want him healthy instead of taking any more risks. SC is a good team that have others that can fill the bill while he is healing.

I think I can speak for the Greenbrier fans and team to say we do sincerely wish him a speedy and full recovery.

May God grant this game be one with no injuries on either side.

Thanks for the kind words. May both teams be injury free this Friday.