Anderson Count VS Catholic

bigboy 92

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is a huge game for both teams with Anderson County coming in 4-1 and Catholic undefeated. I think this could be one of the best games next week and im taking anderson county in this one after their big win tonight over powell...but we will find out next friday who is coming to play for the reigon...

I agree...If AC plays Catholic like they did Powell, Catholic will have their hands full. Zack Vann won't enjoy the yards in this game like he has against other teams Catholic has played this year. Who wants it most??? Will AC run or will they pass? It's nice to be able to question what you will see next from the Mavs. They have been exciting to watch this year!!!

I agree...If AC plays Catholic like they did Powell, Catholic will have their hands full. Zack Vann won't enjoy the yards in this game like he has against other teams Catholic has played this year. Who wants it most??? Will AC run or will they pass? It's nice to be able to question what you will see next from the Mavs. They have been exciting to watch this year!!!

Anderson county maybe big and strong enough to match up with Catholic. They sure took it to us last Friday night, especially in the second half. This should be a good one. I know Vann was at AC how many other former AC players are now at Catholic? 3 or 4

Anderson county maybe big and strong enough to match up with Catholic. They sure took it to us last Friday night, especially in the second half. This should be a good one. I know Vann was at AC how many other former AC players are now at Catholic? 3 or 4

How is Vann a former AC player when he played freshman football at Catholic?

AC showed some big guns against the Panters last week, will they have enough ammo for the Irish? The Mavs have already run into one buzzsaw in the region, Fulton, and it was not a pretty picture. Catholic plays more of a consistent O and D, instead of Fulton's "our athletes are better than your athletes" backyard style, so it gives AC more to plan against. I don't think that Anderson County can go under the power lines and pull the upset, but I do think that they will make the Irish work for the win. I say Catholic wins 35-17, but it will be close until the last quarter.

AC showed some big guns against the Panters last week, will they have enough ammo for the Irish? The Mavs have already run into one buzzsaw in the region, Fulton, and it was not a pretty picture. Catholic plays more of a consistent O and D, instead of Fulton's "our athletes are better than your athletes" backyard style, so it gives AC more to plan against. I don't think that Anderson County can go under the power lines and pull the upset, but I do think that they will make the Irish work for the win. I say Catholic wins 35-17, but it will be close until the last quarter.

"On any given Sunday!"...or as the case may be, Friday night. Vann knows what's waiting on the other side. He'll be reminded Friday night.

This game is mainly going to come down to which defense has come to play..Catholics offense is a disciplined offense that has proven its discipline. Catholic will score high numbers but will anderson county be able to get past wat has proven to be a strong Catholic D?

I went to Fulton / AC game .. game kinda got out of hand in 2nd half ..looked like AC gave up .. I think Catholic is the best team in Reg 2-3A right now ... I definately think their defense is best and their offense is like it always is .. hard to defend .... if AC defense can play assignment football and their backside DE and LB and CB can stay home then they may be able to hang for a while .. but I see Catholic opening up lead in 2nd half .. Id say Catholic 35 AC 14. Catholic is just soo good at what they do ..they want to get 5 yarda a carry and keep clock ticking .. if you dont have the ball you cant score ... AC will have to hit a couple big plays ..

"On any given Sunday!"...or as the case may be, Friday night. Vann knows what's waiting on the other side. He'll be reminded Friday night.

oppressed238.

You are absolutely right. The question is, which AC team is going to show up on Friday night? The one that played an oustanding 1st 1/2 againt Halls? A poor 2nd in the AC/Halls scrimmage? The AC team that more than hung with OR in the jamboree? Or the one that got drilled in the 2nd half against Fulton? AC has some playmakers. Both the Shrape kid and # 1 can go up and get it, the QB can throw it around, and run, Zeke does some things well, as does the Fullback. Zeke is a tough runner, not exceptionally fast, but fast enough. Won't go down with an arm tackle, thats for sure. AC has played some good competition in Clinton, Powell, Fulton, etc. They should be ready.

On the other side, Catholic will do what they do as Tadvols wrote. I think Catholic has also played a schedule that should have prepared them. Morristown West, Webb, Austin East, Chatanooga Baylor are 4 pretty good teams. While they lost the Tait kid for the year, they did not seem to miss him too much against Baylor. They just plug kids in. They seem to be doing just fine without Harrison Smith.

It seems to me that this year's AC team is better than last years, and that this one should be much closer. I actually do give AC a chance to win if they show up and play like they are capable of for the duration of the game.

ruse?