MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about it silver spoon babies does anyone have the courage place a wager with 100% of their trust fund on this game? Should we bring in Dog The Bounty Hunter to hold the money and give him the juice for his efforts? This game looks like the type of crowd that the Dog would want to hang with after the game.

What about it silver spoon babies does anyone have the courage place a wager with 100% of their trust fund on this game? Should we bring in Dog The Bounty Hunter to hold the money and give him the juice for his efforts? This game looks like the type of crowd that the Dog would want to hang with after the game.

Okay you seriously need to stop posting on this website. All of your comments are worthless and irrelevant.

Anyway back to the game... This should be a great game, with a great atmosphere. Yes, this is MBA's homecoming and yes, there is history between these two schools, coaches and players that has already been posted in hundreds of blogs, so there is no need to discuss that any further.

EHS is coming off a good win against McCallie and they should definitely earn some respect for that...however...That McCallie team, now (3-3), did not impress me. They showed no heart when EHS evened the score, and rolled over in the 4th quarter, giving up their 14-7 lead to lose 14-35. EHS definitely has some good athletes and they came ready to play friday. #9 and #10 are special players for EHS, who seem to be able to break it for a big play every single time they touch the ball. Solid win.

MBA is coming off a scare against Ravenwood. MBA had complete control of the game, and was up 31-7 with six minutes left in the 4th Quarter. Then the 2nd stringers came in for MBA, and thats when the tide began to turn. An interception by MBA's back-up QB which Ravenwood took back and scored. TWO onside kick recoveries by Ravenwood, and both times they were able to throw it deep for two more scores. MBA thought the game was over and almost blew the game, but they held on to win 31-28. Wake up call for MBA.

MBA vs. ENSWORTH: Both teams are undefeated and this will be a dogfight. MBA has been brought down to earth after their close game and will be looking to prove themselves again in this one. EHS has been looking forward to this match up since they became a high school and will be ready. MBA has been solid against the run all year, so it will be interesting to see how EHS, who wins off their runs, will do against MBA...MBA survives this game and comes out with the win

I would be shocked to see a crowd of 15K people at the game, but I guess anything's possible.

Should be an exciting atmosphere with homecoming at MBA.

Poor timing for the Bailey injury, especially as run oriented as MBA is, but it would be a lot worse if he played defense. Containing the EHS backs seems like the top priority for the Big Red. EHS is coming off a big win, although the verdict is still out on McCallie, but MBA had a good scare Friday at Ravenwood.

I'm still not sold on the magnitude of this "rivalry." I understand it somewhat because of the coaches that have gone to EHS from MBA, but other than that I think it's a little overblown. There has been little impact on the kids coming to MBA from its traditional feeder schools, and the stars of the EHS squad have no ties to MBA at all. Maybe I just don't get it.

I think MBA has the team to get it done on Friday, even without Bailey, but as talented as the EHS backs are, they'll have to execute to win.

Mcallie was supposed to be Ensworth's wake up call and they were. When halftime was over Ensworth was ready to play and they ended up shutting one of the "super seven" out and beating them by the same spread that BA beat them. If they can keep this momentum going for week 6 they'll run over MBA and cause a big upset. Though with EHS's talent and coaching ability its no more an upset than a surprise.

What the h ell does that even mean?

Who is dog the bounty hunter?

Ensworth (or any school) will never have a better coached group of seniors and coaching could win this for the Tigers. Coach Caudill will have his guys in the right place blocking the right guy and considering the speed of the two running backs at Ensworth they only need to hold their blocks for a moment.

My guess is that MBA will need to bring up their safeties to help contain the run and Coach Bowers will pick exactly the right time to throw the ball. MBA will control the ball and limit each team??™s number of possessions and I think that works fine for Coach Bowers.

If game is close in the fourth quarter, all of the pressure is on MBA. I can't wait to see this game.

Mcallie was supposed to be Ensworth's wake up call and they were. When halftime was over Ensworth was ready to play and they ended up shutting one of the "super seven" out and beating them by the same spread that BA beat them. If they can keep this momentum going for week 6 they'll run over MBA and cause a big upset. Though with EHS's talent and coaching ability its no more an upset than a surprise.

I love how you mention that Ensworth beat McCallie by the same spread BA beat them. Is that an extra badge of honor for you? Does this mean you are as good as BA? Welcome to Div. II, you beat one team in the super 7. Should we start calling it the super 8? I guess I can't blame you for having a chip on your shoulder b/c everyone seemed to pick McCallie over Ensworth on the message boards, including myself.

But slow down for a minute. The McCallie win surely proves that Ensworth is no slouch. But you have beaten one solid team (a team with 3 losses). You will NOT "run over" MBA. It will likely be a hard fought close game. I think it will be a great game and I wouldn't put it past Bowers to pull out a victory, although it would be a major upset if it happened. Having Bailey out for MBA doesn't help. A crowd of 5-6 thousand would not surpise me, but anything over ten thousand is hard to imagine. Ensworth will come out on an emotional high . They understand that this game would put them on the map. But I just don't see them beating MBA.

Ravenwood was a scare for MBA and McCallie was a motivational booster for EHS.

This plays into the hands of MBA, who will have one of their best weeks of practice this week as they know EHS is for real and they cannot lose on their homecoming.

MBA's defense needs to come out firing and send a message to EHS.

It will be a very good game but I believe MBA will pull out the win.