JCS Weekly Report

JaxMan

Tennessee/Alabama...Florida/Florida State...rival games...anytime you play one you throw out the books and expect the unexpected...Last night at Ronnie Fowler Field (aka The Eagles Nest)...a cross town rival game was in order...TCA lead by a strong group of seniors traveled across town to face JCS in a game that no longer has region meaning, but still brings out alot of emotion from the players and fans...I had predicted earlier in the week that it would be a track meet...with so much offensive talent on both teams I looked for 60 to 70 points to be scored between the two of them...but both teams blew opportunities deep in the red zone and both defenses proved to be tough inside the 20....

JCS took the opening possesion and moved deep into TCA territory but the TCA defense answered the bell and held the Eagles out of the End Zone...that proved to be the storyline of the night...JCS drew first blood after Patrick Taggert recovered a TCA fumble around the twenty and a couple of plays later Hudson raced into the end zone...the score held till the break with the Eagles clinging to a 7-0 lead at the half...on the openning kickoff of the second half JCS receiver Chase Presley suffered a broken femor and is done for the year...midway through the third qtr Hudson struck again with his feet, running in from about 17 yds out to push the score to 14-0...TCA's Tomlin was injured on the drive leaving it in the hands of freshman QB Washington...the JCS defense stepped up it's pressure and shut down TCA...late in the third qtr Hudson found Parker in the back of the end zone for the final score of the contest and JCS took home a 21-0 victory...

When Tomlin left the game it was 14-0 and could easily have ended differently if he had remained...TCA is a great team with alot of seniors and the source of concern all week on Country Club Lane...regardless of the score I don't think we are 21 points better than they are...our prayers are with Tomlin and Chrenshaw of TCA and Presley of JCS...

Player of the Game...the entire JCS defense...they came to play last night...our DB's THompson, White and Foster stepped it up and with picks and broken up passes helped stop the air attack...on the defensive line Carden, Aldridge, Hall, Mangrum and McKnight had great penetration all night winning the battle in the trenches...our Linebackers Ben Cooper and Ethan Cooper had a huge night from the middle, great stunts and big hits...Payne and Taggart gave containment to the outside from the outside linebacker positions

Honorable Mention...

Chase Presley...as he was being carried from the field in spite of the pain he was screaming at the defense..."STOP THEM"...what a leader...and I think was in part responsible for an inspired 2nd half from the Eagle Defense...

Post Script...it is funny how we line up as rivals but come together in times of injury...all week I worried about Tomlins arm and I left the game worried about it...before the game the damage he could do to us with it and after the game hoping it healed quickly...my prayers are with all 3 injuried players...early reports this morning looks as if Tomlin and Crenshaw will soon return to action for the Lions and for that I give thanks...the report is not as good for Chase...he had surgery late last night...my prayer is that he is back at shortstop for the Eagles in the spring...

Next Week...The Vikings come to town...a big physical team with a lot of weapons...the biggest difference in 2A for us I think is there are no fluff games in the schedule to give you time to heal...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks...we will need it...as I said 2A is a huge difference than lst year...there are no easy games...Humboldt will be very physical and I hope we can answer the call

Humboldt will probably be the most athletic team JCS will face this year...they played with Trenton Peabody all night last night and they were without their best player E.J. Epperson..

your probably right, but then if there are any unatheletic teams in 8 2A I haven't found them yet...they will be a handful for sure...but if we are going to play at this level we have to learn to find a way to compete

JCS seems to be doing fine so far...no one else besides USJ has the passing attack like you 2 schools use...I hate when Gibson Co. plays passing teams because I know it's going to be a long night...We played a St. Benedict team a few years ago that passed 454326556435 times and ran the ball once! it was insane!!!

8 2A has long been know for physical running attacks...being smaller up front it is probably our only hope of making a game out of it most Friday nights...thanks for your kind words on our season, but I realize we still have the meat of our region in front of us...afraid we will have alot of those long nights ahead

8 2A has long been know for physical running attacks...being smaller up front it is probably our only hope of making a game out of it most Friday nights...thanks for your kind words on our season, but I realize we still have the meat of our region in front of us...afraid we will have alot of those long nights ahead

LOL...we see this action every year /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I AMMMMM glad GC did move down a classification from Region 7-3A to 8-2A...Region 7-3A was murders row for Gibson Co...playing a Ripley, Covington, Crockett, Dyer Co, OC, and all the others in that region were a nightmare for us...we got moved from an outstanding region in 3a to an outstanding region in 2a...bummer huh?

LOL...we see this action every year /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I AMMMMM glad GC did move down a classification from Region 7-3A to 8-2A...Region 7-3A was murders row for Gibson Co...playing a Ripley, Covington, Crockett, Dyer Co, OC, and all the others in that region were a nightmare for us...we got moved from an outstanding region in 3a to an outstanding region in 2a...bummer huh?

yeah no real relief there

Jaxman.. I called Chase's father about 1:30 or 2am this morning. He told me that he made it out of surgery fine, no major incisions. Just a microscopic surgey and they placed two screws in his femur right above the knee. He also said that he should only be off of it 6-8 weeks, and be able to put some weight on it after that.