Camden @ Huntington

GoingInsane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry dude but if you dont think huntingdon is down then u dont know much about huntingdon thats just the facts. huntingdon is not that much better than they were last year and the record would show it if we were still in the same region. that dont mean anybody taking anything away from mckenzie thats just the truth.

AMEN TO ALL OF THAT!!

If were in same region as the last year we would be rolling out the basketball 1st week of November again.

Kids are trying hard but just not there talent wise and probably wont be for a few years.

I might suggest that you scurry on back and support whatever school you normally root for rat. Lexington has their own problems. I havent missed a Huntingdon game since 1972 so I think that qualifies me to make a comment if i want. I got no beef with Mansfield other than the fact that he has turned the offense over to someone who is more interested in trying to be cute than fundamentally sound. Why do we consistently run the ball down to the opponents 30 with Weathers and then feel the need to get in the shotgun and go to passing? Maybe because our "spotter" wants a little glory for his boy? Jimmy has always had "senioritis" but Mike has usually ended up putting his foot down and stopping the nonsense. I will support Mike Mansfield until he decides to retire but he needs to grab control of his program. The players that are out their getting their jobs done dont deserve for the same 2-3 players making the same stupid mistakes costing them a chance at games.

Speaking of cute, remember the old OC in the title game against Alcoa? Up 15 points and on their 40 yard line with 4:00 left in the 3rd Qtr. Did I mention we had two Mr. Footballs in the backfield also. We threw the ball three straight times for 3 incompletions and everyone remembers the rest of the story (nightmare). Another Gold Ball disappeared right before our eyes.

You want to talk about cute, I will take this guy over that guy any day!

And by the way who is his boy? If your talking about the tendency to spotlight one or two players in a game, well wake up fella, that has been going on for years!

Mansfield is doing the best he can with what he has! You take Weathers out of line up and there is no one on that offense that scares anybody. Hard to win big games with only one offensive threat. Im surprised Mansfield stayed around because he had to know these days were coming.

Whats going on with these people that have never posted before deciding to get on here now and bash huntingdon. The players read these post and hear all this bull. Instead of putting it on here where no one knows you, you should show up at the field house like a man and let your concerns be known. Maybe you have some good game plans they could use. But they are probably the ones that stand up in the stands and scream at the kids and the coaches and embarrass the town.

Whats going on with these people that have never posted before deciding to get on here now and bash huntingdon. The players read these post and hear all this bull. Instead of putting it on here where no one knows you, you should show up at the field house like a man and let your concerns be known. Maybe you have some good game plans they could use. But they are probably the ones that stand up in the stands and scream at the kids and the coaches and embarrass the town.

Yeah and maybe instead of being on coacht reading they should be more concerned with learning proper blocking technique.

Speaking of cute, remember the old OC in the title game against Alcoa? Up 15 points and on their 40 yard line with 4:00 left in the 3rd Qtr. Did I mention we had two Mr. Footballs in the backfield also. We threw the ball three straight times for 3 incompletions and everyone remembers the rest of the story (nightmare). Another Gold Ball disappeared right before our eyes.

And by the way who is his boy? If your talking about the tendency to spotlight one or two players in a game, well wake up fella, that has been going on for years!

Mansfield is doing the best he can with what he has! You take Weathers out of line up and there is no one on that offense that scares anybody. Hard to win big games with only one offensive threat. Im surprised Mansfield stayed around because he had to know these days were coming.

Sir obviously you havent been watching the results since that fateful night.

And no I'm not talking about Weathers you are correct he is a warrior he should be getting more touches running the ball, and passed to out of the backfield, and playing defense. I'm talking about a former Ripley head coach who is the "spotter" for the offense deciding that after pounding the ball to get to the 20-30 yd line he feels the need to get in the shotgun and start throwing all over the field, its happened all year!

Sir obviously you havent been watching the results since that fateful night.

And no I'm not talking about Weathers you are correct he is a warrior he should be getting more touches running the ball, and passed to out of the backfield, and playing defense. I'm talking about a former Ripley head coach who is the "spotter" for the offense deciding that after pounding the ball to get to the 20-30 yd line he feels the need to get in the shotgun and start throwing all over the field, its happened all year!

Oh, Ive been watching but we have a different opinion about the results. Basically the same coaching staff as now was in place on the 05 squad. They were within an overtime conversion at Goodpasture of getting to Murfreesboro for the third straight year. If I recall we threw the ball around a lot that year and won about 12 games in the process and we were not in the cup cake region were in now.

Difference between then and now is the kids executed the plays. Coach can draw it up all day on the board but the players got to execute!

BLUF, dont blame the coaches!

Camden doesn't have to talk any trash, Huntington is bashing their own players. I have one question Why? I'm sure yall are having problems filling positions due to injuries, but Huntington are still playing good teams. Look at it like this Yall beat a good Milan team, a feat Camden couldn't overcome. Yall lost to a great 1a team in the form of Mckenzie, but as far as it being the coaches fault that's a negative yall have a great coaching staff.

Next, when you lose as many key players as yall have obviously your gonna have to shift kids into playing positions the don't normally play, or play younger less experienced athletes easy to figure that out. Have you people ever came to that conclusion, and besides if they're so terrible how about offering encouragement not negativity to the players. Someone said to let Weathers do it al offense, defense, special teams, more carries. Putting to much on one player could end up being the worst thing to do, if you give to big of a workload they could get injured faster, and I hope that happens to NO ONE. So people offer encouragement to the players. Good Luck to both these good teams, Hope For an injury free game. GO LIONS!

Okay "getacluecoach" which one of the players that "should be playing more" is your son, grandson or relative? Are you the same nut that I heard was putting flyers on cars in the parking lot at Huntington FB games calling for the firing of the O Coach? It's good that you love your family, but attacking people who are not blinded by the same love is not cool. Parents always think that their kid is the best players, just ask them. If you believe that the coaches want to win and obviously in H-town's they do then you got to believe that they are going to play the best players to give them that chance.

Ok...hold up. What in the heck is going on with this thread?? Huntingdon fans picking Camden to win...Camden fans defending Huntingdon to their own fans...Huntingdon fans bashing Huntingdon coaches, players and whoever else seems to jump in /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I've looked forward to this thread every season for the last 4 years...always fun defending your teams honor, predicting outlandish scores, saying who is going to have a "break-out" game etc.... But some of you clowns have decided to @&*! up my world and make this the thread from the twilight zone. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Now what am I suppose to do until Friday? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Hardhead,

I am glad you spoke up.

There are few coaching staffs in West Tennessee that can compare with Huntingdon's. With all the injury problems of the last couple of years---it is truly astounding that the Mustangs have been able to succeed at all---but that's just how it goes. From 2003-2005 the Mustangs had few major injuries---and obviously in AA or A that is key. With a healthy team last year I think the Stangs would have been at the Boro---it was basically the same line as in '05 and an obvious wealth of talent at other positions.

I just wish these Fair Weather Fans would support the boys---it is so easy to make losing a habit. Sure Daddy's team won the Podunk bowl back in '65---times have changed. These boys are winners.

The memories are so short for some of these fans. Huntingdon Football has always gone in cycles---I believe Huntingdon just might have had a few bad years before this year and last year. Bear Bryant would have a hard time winning with this kind of support. I wonder if Coach Ward had to put up with this kind of criticism.

These boys went through a lot with last year's season, disgruntled fans, losing teammates and ex-teammates forever. They stepped up and worked as hard as any Huntingdon Team has ever worked to prepare for this year---which sure ain't over yet.

Go Big Blue!!

Somebody please give me an update on Ethan---is he done for the year?

Camden doesn't have to talk any trash, Huntington is bashing their own players. I have one question Why? I'm sure yall are having problems filling positions due to injuries, but Huntington are still playing good teams. Look at it like this Yall beat a good Milan team, a feat Camden couldn't overcome. Yall lost to a great 1a team in the form of Mckenzie, but as far as it being the coaches fault that's a negative yall have a great coaching staff.

Next, when you lose as many key players as yall have obviously your gonna have to shift kids into playing positions the don't normally play, or play younger less experienced athletes easy to figure that out. Have you people ever came to that conclusion, and besides if they're so terrible how about offering encouragement not negativity to the players. Someone said to let Weathers do it al offense, defense, special teams, more carries. Putting to much on one player could end up being the worst thing to do, if you give to big of a workload they could get injured faster, and I hope that happens to NO ONE. So people offer encouragement to the players. Good Luck to both these good teams, Hope For an injury free game. GO LIONS!

Well said /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />