Dyer County @ Haywood 10/05/07

73choctawqb

Even when he was still at DC, Flowers wasnt a homerun player. I thought it was a joke when they retired his jersey last year. If you want a homerun player look at either Rashawd Taylor or Tyler Caldwell. As a freshmen saying time with Mitch Eakin as RB, Caldwell got more yards than Flowers. If you dont believe me just look a what he's done at Kent St. so far. The correct answer is nothing. The best player DC has seen in a while was John Dodds not Flowers. As for DC this week they dont stand a chance bc they thought that they had a hard time with Mcnairy but Haywood is as big, and faster and stronger than them. Enjoy probably getting shut out.

WELL ! .......... I KNOW THAT I SAID THAT I WAS NOT RESPONDING OR EVEN GIVING ANY RECOGNITION TO THE "future02" ...... BUT THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE ! YOU ARE ABSOLULUTELY THE MOST BONE HEADED , KNOW NOTHING, UNINFORMED IDIOT THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING TO SEE ON ANY FORUM / BOARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE ! ONE THING I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU (AND OH , HOW IT HURTS)TAYLOR & CALDWELL ARE DEFINITLY IMPACT PLAYERS WITH LOADS OF TALENT) BUT ........... TO BELITTLE ANDRE BY COMPARING HIM TO DODDS JUST GOES TO SHOW YOUR LACK OF EXPERTISE IN THE REALM OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE ! IF ANDRE HAD NOT BEEN THE BULLSEYE ON 99 % OF THE TOUCHES LAST YEAR & THE YEAR BEFORE THAT & THE YEAR BEFORE THAT, HIS STATS WOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN THEY WERE . PLEASE NOTE THAT I SAID WERE! ANDRE IS NOW @ KENT STATE (AS YOU STATED)& IS A FORMER CHOCTAW. AS FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS FORMER CHOCTAW @ kENT, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A D-1 FRESHMAN AT ANYTHING ? I BEG TO DIFFER AS TO ANDRE'S NOT BEING A "HOMERUN PLAYER" @ DC AS WELL. DID YOU SEE HIM PLAY AT ALL OR ARE YOU JUST POPPIN' OFF AS USUAL? YOU KNOW, FOOTBALL IS A GAME WHERE YOU CAN ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. YOU MAY (IN THE END) BE RIGHT (OR WRONG) IN YOUR PREDICTION FOR THE DEMISE OF DC TOMORROW NIGHT.......... BUT GUESS WHAT ! NOBODY .... & I MEAN NOBODY WILL KNOW FOR SURE ABOUT THAT UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER (CASE IN POINT NORTHSIDE VS SOUTHSIDE LAST FRIDAY NIGHT)! I'LL GO ONE FURTHER ( I AM MAN ENOUGH TO DO THIS), I WILL POST THAT YOU WERE RIGHT IN YOUR PREDICTION IF THE CHOCTAWS FALL TOMORROW NIGHT. BUT PARTNER IF THEY WIN YOU WILL NOT QUIT HEARIN' FROM ME ON THIS BOARD ! NOW THAT BEING SAID, I HAVE WASTED MORE KEYBOARDING THAN I CARE TO RESPONDING TO SOMEONE OF YOUR CHARACTER. I'LL SAY NO MORE, NOR RESPOND TO ANYTHING THAT YOUR FOOTBALL GENIOUS HAS TO OFFER THE GOOD PEOPLE HERE ON COACH T ! ...............

IS THAT THE WIND BLOWIN' AGAIN ?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me say this much...IF FLOWERS had Stayed at Lake County or ( I can dream can't I) CAME TO DYERSBURG.....Then BOTH TEAMS WOULD HAVE PROBABLY won state...If if says at LC...State Championship...IF he goes to Dyerburg.. Flowers and Caldwell in the SAME BACKFIELD?....Talk about giving Defensive Coordinators NIGHT MARES.... And NO WHILE I AM A DYERSBURG Alumni...Tyler Caldwell DIDN"T have better numbers his sophmore year than Flowers...."I love Caldwell" But IN HIS CAREER...How many times was FLOWERS held to UNDER A 100yds rushing?...I know Dyersburg Shut him down last year( after the CC loss, I figured Counce would have that bunch BREATHING FIRE....And they did...Trenton Peabody shut him down...And I know Brownsville shut him down one year...But WHO ELSE?...I mean it was Andre Left, Andre Right, Andre up the middle...And yet VERY FEW had success stopping it....The KID COULD PLAY...Give the devil his due...When you get off the bus with the opposing team KNOWING what DYER COUNTY was gonna do...And yet MONSTER numbers... Kid was really good...One of the BEST BACKS I saw.....And truthfully.....IF Earnest WIlliams at CC and Antonio Gaines could play "Big time"..then so could Flowers... "Just wish he had played for Dyersburg"....Oh well...

Stats don't lie...6,400 yds and 74 tds with 3 Straight seasons with OVER 1300 yds rushing?.....And HE HAD NO HELP...EVERYBODY IN THE STANDS KNEW WHAT WAS COMING AND COULDN"T STOP IT....Am I a DC Alumni...NO... You DON"T PUT UP THOSE KINDS of numbers in region 13AA and not be bad....Anybody else PUT UP THOSE KINDS of Numbers...I watched him put up over 200 plus on Dyersburg as a junior...Thankfully, Dyersburg won...AND WE shut him down Last year...But he put up BIG numbers against EVERYBODY he played...If he would have had been surrounded with some more "playmakers"....Got to give it to him...That kid brought it EVERY WEEK...Just wish he had worn the Black and Gold.... And again..NOT BASHING THE KIDS...but Jarvis Perry and the Johnson twins are at UT-Martin...Flowers is in the MAC.....Williams went to "Tiger High"...and the other two backs that played with him...Stitts and Pitts wasn't it?.... Pitts Played at Tennessee Tech I believe...

Stats don't lie...6,400 yds and 74 tds with 3 Straight seasons with OVER 1300 yds rushing?.....And HE HAD NO HELP...EVERYBODY IN THE STANDS KNEW WHAT WAS COMING AND COULDN"T STOP IT....Am I a DC Alumni...NO... You DON"T PUT UP THOSE KINDS of numbers in region 13AA and not be bad....Anybody else PUT UP THOSE KINDS of Numbers...I watched him put up over 200 plus on Dyersburg as a junior...Thankfully, Dyersburg won...AND WE shut him down Last year...But he put up BIG numbers against EVERYBODY he played...If he would have had been surrounded with some more "playmakers"....Got to give it to him...That kid brought it EVERY WEEK...Just wish he had worn the Black and Gold.... And again..NOT BASHING THE KIDS...but Jarvis Perry and the Johnson twins are at UT-Martin...Flowers is in the MAC.....Williams went to "Tiger High"...and the other two backs that played with him...Stitts and Pitts wasn't it?.... Pitts Played at Tennessee Tech I believe...

Finally ONE WHO Understands What "NOT" MEANS. The Others Mentioned Had a Supporting cast. I havent Heard from any of them doing anything in college worth mentioning. YEAH it sure would have been nice to have seen Flowers in BLACK AND GOLD! GO CHOCTAWS

I think calling him the best back is hard to swallow...but he certainly was in the upper tier...but West Tenn has had alot of good backs...Patrick Willis, Daniel Brooks, Junior Reed, Ernest Williams, Trip Tucker, Darrel Bowels, Xavier Butler just to name a few and I am sure I will think of others...hard to say any one was the best...but they all were in a class above the rest

I think calling him the best back is hard to swallow...but he certainly was in the upper tier...but West Tenn has had alot of good backs...Patrick Willis, Daniel Brooks, Junior Reed, Ernest Williams, Trip Tucker, Darrel Bowels just to name a few and I am sure I will think of others...hard to say any one was the best...but they all were in a class above the rest

I think one mr. Kelsey Williams (Humboldt) was a ton better than even those guys.