Dyer County @ Haywood 10/05/07

73choctawqb

The winner of the Dyersburg/Ripley game is the clear cut favorite to win the region. Given that opinion this game holds many playoff implicatoin for both teams. If DC wins. They will have the tiebreaker against Covington and Haywood, which would virtually give them like a three game lead for third place. Haywood would have two losses, so even if DC lost to both Dyersburg and Ripley, They would still have their win over Haywood to be the tie breaker. Covington is 1-4 but they only have one region lose. but then again they still have Ripley and Dyersburg, so you will have the tiebreaker there too. I really think that if you can beat Haywood. you would be guranteed to finish 1,2, or 3 this year. Now I believe Haywood will understand this fact to and understand it would go a long way for them also. Plus its in Brownsville so its even more tough for DC. . I have been picking High School games for the majority of this season, and the one week I pikced DC to win, they dissapointed me, and although I believe that DC has a chance and I would love to see them win. I don't think its goinna happen. DC isn't really a great road team. Hay I think DC will keep it close, but in the end Haywood wins., Neither team as a really kicking game so I will say

Haywood 21

Dyer County 7

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner of the Dyersburg/Ripley game is the clear cut favorite to win the region. Given that opinion this game holds many playoff implicatoin for both teams. If DC wins. They will have the tiebreaker against Covington and Haywood, which would virtually give them like a three game lead for third place. Haywood would have two losses, so even if DC lost to both Dyersburg and Ripley, They would still have their win over Haywood to be the tie breaker. Covington is 1-4 but they only have one region lose. but then again they still have Ripley and Dyersburg, so you will have the tiebreaker there too. I really think that if you can beat Haywood. you would be guranteed to finish 1,2, or 3 this year. Now I believe Haywood will understand this fact to and understand it would go a long way for them also. Plus its in Brownsville so its even more tough for DC. . I have been picking High School games for the majority of this season, and the one week I pikced DC to win, they dissapointed me, and although I believe that DC has a chance and I would love to see them win. I don't think its goinna happen. DC isn't really a great road team. Hay I think DC will keep it close, but in the end Haywood wins., Neither team as a really kicking game so I will say

Haywood 21

Dyer County 7

Hope you're wrong !!!! But it sure is nice to have an objective response that doesn't just bash the kids !

I am enjoying the new Haywood posters.....Big talk for a team that has been very much an underachieving bunch the past few years...Always great athletes but no discipline.....

Having said that anyone who knows football in this area knows Haywood is always loaded and this year they seem to be putting everything together...That makes them awfully dangerous...Their defense is as stout as any around....Ask all those athletes at Fayette-Ware....Now it seems like their offense is stepping up also....

Dyer County has surprised some folks this year...They lost their big playmaker Andre Flowers and are still scoring points.....Their win against Huntingdon at the time looked really impressive,but Huntingdon doesn't look all that great now....Still a shut-out over that program is impressive.....Covington isn't playing all that well under their new head coach either,but anytime a Dyer County or Obion Central or a Ripley can get a win over Covington it's big,no matter what kind of team the Chargers have.....It was probably good that DC had Chester County this week because after their win against Huntingdon they kind of phoned in their next game against McNairy Co on the road.....DC was in a position last year where they were undefeated and ranked when they came into Troy to face Obion Central and left beaten and were not the same the rest of the year.....It will be interesting to see what they do when they play a very good team on the road....

I think Haywood is for real this year though and will win this game 27-7....

crockett is down and they dont match up against haywood or dyersburg but ripley im not sure of. boliver beat ripley. crockett lost to a pretty good humboldt team but had several chances to win that game. they threw 2 interceptions in the last 4 minutes. and they wouldve beaten covington if they wouldnt have missed the extra point. so dont down crockett so bad. they just have some bad luck. they will beat dyer county.

crockett is down and they dont match up against haywood or dyersburg but ripley im not sure of. boliver beat ripley. crockett lost to a pretty good humboldt team but had several chances to win that game. they threw 2 interceptions in the last 4 minutes. and they wouldve beaten covington if they wouldnt have missed the extra point. so dont down crockett so bad. they just have some bad luck. they will beat dyer county.

You better hope you're right because if you are wrong there will be a new thread on here especially for you. Once everyone see's the history of your post and the crow you'll have to eat. your comments will no longer be comments but noise and you'll be THAT GUY, THAT GOT SERVED, and is looking forward to basketball season so you can get served AGAIN! Man i love being the underdog.

You better hope you're right because if you are wrong there will be a new thread on here especially for you. Once everyone see's the history of your post and the crow you'll have to eat. your comments will no longer be comments but noise and you'll be THAT GUY, THAT GOT SERVED, and is looking forward to basketball season so you can get served AGAIN! Man i love being the underdog.

haywood has played and beaten spread teams all year. 4a JCM 5a Kirby 4a Kingsbury 3a Fayette Ware 752 yards (state record) only 73 vs Haywood. kicker made 40 yard field goal last week as well. according to jax. sun. with dc success this year, should be another great game in region 73a

I am enjoying the new Haywood posters.....Big talk for a team that has been very much an underachieving bunch the past few years...Always great athletes but no discipline.....

Having said that anyone who knows football in this area knows Haywood is always loaded and this year they seem to be putting everything together...That makes them awfully dangerous...Their defense is as stout as any around....Ask all those athletes at Fayette-Ware....Now it seems like their offense is stepping up also....

Dyer County has surprised some folks this year...They lost their big playmaker Andre Flowers and are still scoring points.....Their win against Huntingdon at the time looked really impressive,but Huntingdon doesn't look all that great now....Still a shut-out over that program is impressive.....Covington isn't playing all that well under their new head coach either,but anytime a Dyer County or Obion Central or a Ripley can get a win over Covington it's big,no matter what kind of team the Chargers have.....It was probably good that DC had Chester County this week because after their win against Huntingdon they kind of phoned in their next game against McNairy Co on the road.....DC was in a position last year where they were undefeated and ranked when they came into Troy to face Obion Central and left beaten and were not the same the rest of the year.....It will be interesting to see what they do when they play a very good team on the road....

I think Haywood is for real this year though and will win this game 27-7....

sad to say that with flowers leaving for college was the best thing to happen with dyer county. with him there everyone knew who was getting the ball now its a team effort the ball is being spread all over the field. flowers was a great player at dc and the coaches made sure he was the man and it made for some long seasons.

haywood will be a tough game but a winnable one for the choctaws.

I am reading a lot of things and I love to see the opinion of everybody, and see how it deffers from mine...So here is mine and I hope that everyone will take a shot at it, tell me where you standings are mid way through the season, given that we made our predictions before week 1.

Starting from the top, these are my current standing in my head given records, and how they have played, plus how it will shope out and finish.

1. Dyersburg.....Their is talent every where. There is no where to focus. I would have nightmares if I was a defensive cordinator having to scheme this one. They are amazing. 8 diffferent guys can touch the football on any given play, the QB is starting to get his rythme and getting back to 100 percent. And that defense that was the big question mark for the season is only allowing in the area of 11 points a game. I really just pray for health, and wait it out buz if they stay healthy, and reach that potenial they could bring the gold ball to Dyersburg. I

2. Haywood..........Haywood is 2nd in my opinion, their lone lose is to a Dyersburg team that ws the superior team, but that defense will keep them in every game, and if the offense plays descent they will get somewhere. There kinda like the bears. Ok offense and great defense equals wins. They have some test left, but if they get through a few. They will be fine.

3rd,,,Ripley......They had a great start to say the least but really weren't test until Bolivar, and they lost, but something tells me it could have gone either way. this week will be the tell of the tape against Dyersburg.

4...Dyer County......DC has been a suprising team this year, goin in you would never have given a shot but, they have played tough and other then what I am going to excuse as a let down against Mcnairy they have fought their way into a good record. I think its good enough to get them in, I think their gonna lose a couple, and maybe shock a Ripley or Crockett, which Crockett wouldn't be a shock to me, and with those teams losing to the Haywoods and DHS, It will keep DC at a solid 4, and in the playoffs.

5. Covington

6 Crokett County

7. OCCHS,

Covington is ok, I just don't think they will beat 2-out of -3, Ripley, DYersburg, Haywood, so that makes the DC lose worse for them, and I beleive that will undoubtable do them in.

Crockett is young and will grow and wil become a tough team to beat, but they lost to much this offseason and although they will be a force, I don't think it will be a really region winning threat til next year.

I am reading a lot of things and I love to see the opinion of everybody, and see how it deffers from mine...So here is mine and I hope that everyone will take a shot at it, tell me where you standings are mid way through the season, given that we made our predictions before week 1.

Starting from the top, these are my current standing in my head given records, and how they have played, plus how it will shope out and finish.

1. Dyersburg.....Their is talent every where. There is no where to focus. I would have nightmares if I was a defensive cordinator having to scheme this one. They are amazing. 8 diffferent guys can touch the football on any given play, the QB is starting to get his rythme and getting back to 100 percent. And that defense that was the big question mark for the season is only allowing in the area of 11 points a game. I really just pray for health, and wait it out buz if they stay healthy, and reach that potenial they could bring the gold ball to Dyersburg. I

2. Haywood..........Haywood is 2nd in my opinion, their lone lose is to a Dyersburg team that ws the superior team, but that defense will keep them in every game, and if the offense plays descent they will get somewhere. There kinda like the bears. Ok offense and great defense equals wins. They have some test left, but if they get through a few. They will be fine.

3rd,,,Ripley......They had a great start to say the least but really weren't test until Bolivar, and they lost, but something tells me it could have gone either way. this week will be the tell of the tape against Dyersburg.

4...Dyer County......DC has been a suprising team this year, goin in you would never have given a shot but, they have played tough and other then what I am going to excuse as a let down against Mcnairy they have fought their way into a good record. I think its good enough to get them in, I think their gonna lose a couple, and maybe shock a Ripley or Crockett, which Crockett wouldn't be a shock to me, and with those teams losing to the Haywoods and DHS, It will keep DC at a solid 4, and in the playoffs.

5. Covington

6 Crokett County

7. OCCHS,

Covington is ok, I just don't think they will beat 2-out of -3, Ripley, DYersburg, Haywood, so that makes the DC lose worse for them, and I beleive that will undoubtable do them in.

Crockett is young and will grow and wil become a tough team to beat, but they lost to much this offseason and although they will be a force, I don't think it will be a really region winning threat til next year.

Refreshing to see objectivity & thought put into responses on this thread ! Several posts sound like fans / members who put thought into their posts before the submit them. I hope the CHOCTAWS HAVE A COUPLE OF "UPSETS" IN THEM ! To many on here, every "W" the Choctaws add is an UPSET ! I have from an inside source that the Choctaws are "ON A MISSION" ! IF.... IF that "MISSION" includes working hard & holding youself & your teammates accountable for every minute of practice, preparation & play on Friday night then you will be able to say " MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" when this all plays out. SENIORS STEP UP ! This is your last "HURRAH" DEMAND more from yourselves & your teammates. Focus on the TASK & take responsibility for your actions on & off the field. EVERY thing you say or do is a reflection on your ball team! Let your actions speak louder than words, (THERE'S MORE THAN ENOUGH TALK ON HERE, IN THE PAPERS & ARUND & ABOUT TO GO AROUND)! STEP UP , WORK HARD, PREPARE & TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN DESTINY ! NOT ONE PERSON ON HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE CAN DO THAT ! THE REMAINDER OF THIS SEASON IS IN YOUR HANDS !

your bashing dyercounty every week for motivation reasons, i would agree with dsoe12, it makes sence, you dont see trojan fans bashing dc yet and wont till they play on homecomming.

The Trojan fans all Dyer County will support the Choctaws till the end . "County Cousins" you might say. Go get "em" Choctaws. Play with Heart,Desire,Till the end of Each game as only THE ORANGE AND WHITE know how. Its up to you as Individual players Playing as a Team as you have this year. GO CHOCS!

amen u said exactly wat i was wanting to say... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />