Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

That's cute,but how many people would agree with you after the fact. What if a key player slips in the shower and no one is ready to replace him , because they had to watch a blowout from the sidelines every game?

None of this matters anyway. Al Gore told me over the weekend that we're all going to die from global warming in the next 2 years.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like it hasn't taken long for the Sensabaugh posts to start overflowing the threads; like shrimp on Forrest Gump's and Captain Dan's shrimp boat. Anyway sticking with the theme of the thread, aside from it being scary that VolmanScott is a parent, the really scary thing is that we haven't even see Sensabaugh play his natural position yet. As good as he is at tailback, wait 'til you see him play linebacker next year. The kid is a beast.

YOU of all people defending Clark! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Question.............if D-B loses to one of the teams left on their schedule that you and I both know they should beat, will you be calling for his head again? Especially Science Hill. Or, if they lose in the first round of the playoffs again this year, you ready to can him?

What if the sky falls?

Volman

I didn't say South kept there starters in...only that they didn't let off the gas just because of the score. Jeffers is a starter by skill so it is as if the 1st team is still in there. What I was saying is that when #4 comes in a blowout, the South coaches don't just make him hand off or take a knee. They allow him to run there offense because they are prepping for down the road. I know Curt sat out the entire 2nd half of the Central game but South didn't just sit on the ball.

I agree running the offense is not the same as running up the score, but when Clark finally puts our 2nd string in we just sit on it basically, not a big deal but like South we need to be groomin our next QB as well.

Volman

I didn't say South kept there starters in...only that they didn't let off the gas just because of the score. Jeffers is a starter by skill so it is as if the 1st team is still in there. What I was saying is that when #4 comes in a blowout, the South coaches don't just make him hand off or take a knee. They allow him to run there offense because they are prepping for down the road. I know Curt sat out the entire 2nd half of the Central game but South didn't just sit on the ball.

I thought the topic of conversation was the pros/cons of removing players from the game.

Well looks like it hasn't taken long for the Sensabaugh posts to start overflowing the threads; like shrimp on Forrest Gump's and Captain Dan's shrimp boat. Anyway sticking with the theme of the thread, aside from it being scary that VolmanScott is a parent, the really scary thing is that we haven't even see Sensabaugh play his natural position yet. As good as he is at tailback, wait 'til you see him play linebacker next year. The kid is a beast.

So tell me Hinck where I've been wrong as a parent. I've made "negative" comments about 2 kids on this board. One, I made a joke (which some obviously didn't care for and I've since apologized for) about a kid being older than the rest of his class. Two, I made several comments about a player who I thought had a very bad attitude. An attitude of which I would not put up with in my child. Most D-B fans didn't like the comments because he was one of their own. I would have made the same comments had he played for South whether you believe it or not I could care less. I have not apologized for any of those comments. Now, I do agree that I could have used better words to make my points, but I still stand by my beliefs. I am a parent and I know I'm not the best parent. My son is a soph. on the South team and you WILL NOT see him act in a way, in front of me, that I think disgraces himself or his team. That I can promise. I take that back, he might do it once. I know I don't always see his actions when he's away from me, but I think he knows better. But, if you can tell me where I'm going wrong, I'm open to suggestions.

[quote name='VolmanScott' date='Oct 15 2007 - 07:23 PM' post='826582998

I thought the topic of conversation was the pros/cons of removing players from the game.

To be honest I'm not sure what the topic is at this point. but I thought the argument was that the coaches left Chris in to rub it it on the Bears. My point was a) the offense has struggled and needs all the 1st team snaps they can get against better competition than Betsy /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> he didn't play the first 2 series of the game so technically he wasn't a 1st teamer being left in to run up the score (heck he didn't even play 3 full qtrs) c)as a freshman with 2 + varsity games under his belt, he needs reps for the stretch d)they were running the ball not passing and DB only scored a field goal in the 4th qtrand e)D was only up 3 scores not by 50!. I merely brought up South as an arguement that I feel they run there offense with Phillips/Jeffers regardless of the score, not to run it up, but to make them better for the stretch run this year and next year when Jeffers steps in as the full time starter. Carter doesn't bring in Jeffers (who is as good as 1st string) and tell him to just hand off or take a knee. No, he is allowed to run the offense regardless of score with the same intent as if it was a close game. I wasn't ensinuating that Carter runs it up, only that his goal is to make the team better now and in the future and a coach can't always worry about stepping on the feelings of the other team...they have 11 guys out there as well. Besides, Clark tried to get as many of the 100 or so players in during the Betsy game. Also, I was curious if SC left there 1st team O and D in since everyone is so worried about why DB left Chris in.

So tell me Hinck where I've been wrong as a parent. I've made "negative" comments about 2 kids on this board. One, I made a joke (which some obviously didn't care for and I've since apologized for) about a kid being older than the rest of his class. Two, I made several comments about a player who I thought had a very bad attitude. An attitude of which I would not put up with in my child. Most D-B fans didn't like the comments because he was one of their own. I would have made the same comments had he played for South whether you believe it or not I could care less. I have not apologized for any of those comments. Now, I do agree that I could have used better words to make my points, but I still stand by my beliefs. I am a parent and I know I'm not the best parent. My son is a soph. on the South team and you WILL NOT see him act in a way, in front of me, that I think disgraces himself or his team. That I can promise. I take that back, he might do it once. I know I don't always see his actions when he's away from me, but I think he knows better. But, if you can tell me where I'm going wrong, I'm open to suggestions.

Get over yourself Volman, I was simply referring to the post that maroonandgray had that said it's scary to think of you as a parent. I don't know you from Adam, so I don't know if your a good parent or not. I was just trying to let everyone know how scary it will be next year when the 20 year old freshmen we have playing tailback right now will be playing linebacker hopefully. He's got a nose for the ball and he's a head hunter, which I think is kinda evident in his running style.

Wow...great post. I can't argue with anything you said....HONSETLY! Volman I truly respect your knowledge about the area sports scene and I can't fault a person for having and standing by there beliefs. After reading back through all this garbage, I have to apologize for being judgemental about your parenting skills because how can I call you out as a poor parent when I am on here letting your comments get under my skin and blast you back? Not setting the good example myself huh? As you said, none of us can claim to be the best parent and I try everyday to grow into the blessing of being a parent. I still stand by my point about the comments regarding Chris, I think they were insensitive. Unlike worlhead I reacted first instead of trying to question the way the statement came across. I think these kids need our support and I just feel like we so easily tear them down when all they are doing is going out every Friday night to entertain us. I am a DB fan, I do gladly live in ColHgts (Kingsport) and I go out and support both communities by attending events at both schools and I even obey the 15mph school zone in front of South on my way to work (which some cant claim...you know who you are!). I have no problem paying my county taxes and dropping a few bucks on the county school system. I have attended several games at Death Valley when DB is off or traveling too far to attend (I have a 2 year old that needs my attention more than following the Tribe all over the outermost parts of EastTenn) or when they bow out of the playoffs early /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I have several friends and neighbors who are South grads/fans/parents including working with a relative of Jeffers and get along with all of them. I have no issue with that. I disagee with many on here both DB fans and not but I also respect most for there knowledge and passion for there teams

Now everybody group hug /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> OK maybe not /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow...great post. I can't argue with anything you said....HONSETLY! Volman I truly respect your knowledge about the area sports scene and I can't fault a person for having and standing by there beliefs. After reading back through all this garbage, I have to apologize for being judgemental about your parenting skills because how can I call you out as a poor parent when I am on here letting your comments get under my skin and blast you back? Not setting the good example myself huh? As you said, none of us can claim to be the best parent and I try everyday to grow into the blessing of being a parent. I still stand by my point about the comments regarding Chris, I think they were insensitive. Unlike worlhead I reacted first instead of trying to question the way the statement came across. I think these kids need our support and I just feel like we so easily tear them down when all they are doing is going out every Friday night to entertain us. I am a DB fan, I do gladly live in ColHgts (Kingsport) and I go out and support both communities by attending events at both schools and I even obey the 15mph school zone in front of South on my way to work (which some cant claim...you know who you are!). I have no problem paying my county taxes and dropping a few bucks on the county school system. I have attended several games at Death Valley when DB is off or traveling too far to attend (I have a 2 year old that needs my attention more than following the Tribe all over the outermost parts of EastTenn) or when they bow out of the playoffs early /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I have several friends and neighbors who are South grads/fans/parents including working with a relative of Jeffers and get along with all of them. I have no issue with that. I disagee with many on here both DB fans and not but I also respect most for there knowledge and passion for there teams

Now everybody group hug /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> OK maybe not /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good post. We're all good. And trust me, we'd take Chris at South in a heartbeat! I do see why we got a couple of transfers from you. We'll gladly take them too. Dang, why did you have to go and make me all teary eyed! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />