Munford vs. Brighton

footballfan50

Do me a favor please tell me more how Mr Marshall runs our football program. That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. I guess when we were at East we phoned a friend or used our life line for information to find out what to do from coach Marshall. I'll give Mr. Marshall his due he's got a gold ball but who's standing over Mr. Wolf shoulder and why did he change his entire offense last year in 3 days before he played us to a stack eye. If there's any upper level influence I think it's north of Munford.

First, I don't recall marshall winning a gold ball, i know not at munford

Second -perception is usually wrong- Marshall was thought to have a disciplined program, I've heard from kids that played for him say the opposite- that the weary & mills kid got away with everything no discipline at all.(could be inaccurate but seems reliable source- yrs ago)

thirdly-Randall could coach circles around marshall, no comparison, you can see what he & the previous 2 coaches were capable of.(0-30)

as far as brighton- word is wolfe stays under shipley's desk. no other reason would he be there

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I don't recall marshall winning a gold ball, i know not at munford

Second -perception is usually wrong- Marshall was thought to have a disciplined program, I've heard from kids that played for him say the opposite- that the weary & mills kid got away with everything no discipline at all.(could be inaccurate but seems reliable source- yrs ago)

thirdly-Randall could coach circles around marshall, no comparison, you can see what he & the previous 2 coaches were capable of.(0-30)

as far as brighton- word is wolfe stays under shipley's desk. no other reason would he be there

Marshall didn't win one at Munford. He had a finals appearance. He won one over at Ft Smith Northside in Arkansas. He had a good QB there named Matt Jones.

Pee-Wee Herman or Richard Simmons could win a gold ball with Matt Jones

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 come on people this is not a thread about Darry Marshall and his glory days in football. this is about Munford and Brighton. in case its slipped yalls minds they do have a game comin up friday night and from wat i hear it is pure hatred between the two schools. so lets stick to the real subject

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 come on people this is not a thread about Darry Marshall and his glory days in football. this is about Munford and Brighton. in case its slipped yalls minds they do have a game comin up friday night and from wat i hear it is pure hatred between the two schools. so lets stick to the real subject

Yeah it should be a good game. Its a must win for Brighton and its at Brighton so i think it will be closer than people think. I still think Brighton has the better athletes, but Munford is a well coached team. GO Cards!

Munford has a really good chance of winning tonight. Brighton is going to be a beast tonight. They are winless in region while Munford is undefeated. If Brighton loses tonight they may be knocked out of the playoffs. So they're bring all they've got. It may be close. But in the end Munford wins.

Munford has a really good chance of winning tonight. Brighton is going to be a beast tonight. They are winless in region while Munford is undefeated. If Brighton loses tonight they may be knocked out of the playoffs. So they're bring all they've got. It may be close. But in the end Munford wins.

DEUNDRE WILLIAMS is a BEAST! Brighton wins a big region game. Go Cards!

DEUNDRE WILLIAMS is a BEAST! Brighton wins a big region game. Go Cards!

That is an understatement. Munford did not want any of #4 in this game. He ended up running for over 300 yards on 34 carries, despite munford having all 11 players up on the line of scrimmage. Despite a couple of lucky long throws down the field by munford, Brighton totally dominated this game on offense and defense. I have never seen munford not be able to run the ball and Brighton completly shut down their running game all night long. I would like say that Brighton's offensive line played the best game of the year last night. Good luck against Henry County next week.

That is an understatement. Munford did not want any of #4 in this game. He ended up running for over 300 yards on 34 carries, despite munford having all 11 players up on the line of scrimmage. Despite a couple of lucky long throws down the field by munford, Brighton totally dominated this game on offense and defense. I have never seen munford not be able to run the ball and Brighton completly shut down their running game all night long. I would like say that Brighton's offensive line played the best game of the year last night. Good luck against Henry County next week.

Thanks for the recap cardinal54. I think that Deundre Williams is probably quite a speciman to watch play the game. It seems that 4A in west Tennessee has quite a few quality RB's to watch this year. In Friday's 8-4A clash between Kingsbury and Fairley ... Gabriel Hunter for Kingsbury ran for 206 yards on 31 carries, while on the opposing team, Artavious Gregory amassed 268 yards on 22 carries.

I do believe that Deundre has gained more yards this year then Gabriel Hunter ... but not by much. Man ... wouldn't it be nice if Brighton met up with Kingsbury in the playoffs. That ... my friends ... would be the game to see!

Good luck against Henry County next week.

This is the test. Henry County's 'D' vs Deundre Williams. I will be looking in the paper for the stats on Saturday. Henry County will be ready, of course, but there is NO WAY to simulate a Deundre in practice ... you just don't have that kind of athlete laying around to use in practice. It seems that Brighton's pass defense gave up 198 yards to Munford ... but only 83 yards rushing. While Munford tried everything they could to stop Deundre ... and he still ran all over them. I'm going to guess that Brighton didn't want Munford to be able to run the ball and therfore played man on the WR's all night. I'm just guessing. If Brighton can slow down Henry County's run game and make them pass ... and get the Brighton 'O' on the field more ... hmmmmmm. I'd put the ball in Deundre's hands too! I'm VERY interested in this game!

Cougarmike ... give me your thoughts on Deundre, if you don't mind. I'd love to hear what you have to say.