MARYVILLE @ CENTRAL

cobrajet

Not a maryville fan but i think it is funny that a brentwood academy fan is putting down maryville. Brentwood academy is the most renegade program ever in tennessee. They cheated and got caught. Brentwood academy doesn't just recruit the middle tennessee area they get recruits nationwide. Chris jordan is from the atlanta area.Brentwood academy has got kids from far away as texas. Brentwood academy has been in trouble for recruiting violations for years. Even the supereme court has got involved but somehow someway brentwood still gets away with it.

I have talked to some former coaches from middle tennessee. They quit because they got tired of having a stud football players on their youth team being taken away by brentwood academy. I find it amusing that some of those football players get in at a school that costs $15000 to get in to.I bet the band geeks parents have to pay the full tuition but football players get in free. Brentwood academy is the reason for the public/private split. Most privates have it rough because they did everything right and by the book. They suffer because of what Brentwood academy did over the years.Schools like father ryan and webb do things the right way but suffer because of brentwood academy.If i was a brentwood academy fan i sure as heck wouldn't be ripping other teams. I would keep my mouth shut.

You got it right. Here in Maryville we support our kids, we don't care about the same things some Brentwood academy fans do. Alcoa has a winning program and I don't think that 2A is very good in East TN, but they play all comers and could easily spank most 5A team’s normal years. That includes the great BA. Some of the years and teams talked about during this discussion would have beaten the crap out of BA. Hillsboro & Melrose are great winning programs and Maryville had to play very hard to stay on the field with those teams during the State games. Maryville has been up to the task. This is a different year and maybe Maryville is not as good as some but all that matters in the end is how you played and who had more points on the board at the end of the game.

It is a matter of record that BA breaks the rules in order to gain an unfair advantage. Having 20K to send your kid to a private school for one year is ok, but most hard working families don't have that. If I were a public school AD I would not play BA. Not because I would be afraid to lose but why give someone who cheats a chance to beat you. This way the Brandon types and his beloved BA could fly to Texas and Florida to find opponents worthy.

Playing in our region and community is more important that trying to prove something to jealous idiots who never think you are as good as they are, regardless of the record. Maybe that is something a lot of money does to a person. Always wanting better and more and everyone else never measures up. I like what little we in Maryville have and the record of our football program.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a maryville fan but i think it is funny that a brentwood academy fan is putting down maryville. Brentwood academy is the most renegade program ever in tennessee. They cheated and got caught. Brentwood academy doesn't just recruit the middle tennessee area they get recruits nationwide. Chris jordan is from the atlanta area.Brentwood academy has got kids from far away as texas. Brentwood academy has been in trouble for recruiting violations for years. Even the supereme court has got involved but somehow someway brentwood still gets away with it.

I have talked to some former coaches from middle tennessee. They quit because they got tired of having a stud football players on their youth team being taken away by brentwood academy. I find it amusing that some of those football players get in at a school that costs $15000 to get in to.I bet the band geeks parents have to pay the full tuition but football players get in free. Brentwood academy is the reason for the public/private split. Most privates have it rough because they did everything right and by the book. They suffer because of what Brentwood academy did over the years.Schools like father ryan and webb do things the right way but suffer because of brentwood academy.If i was a brentwood academy fan i sure as heck wouldn't be ripping other teams. I would keep my mouth shut.

I had no idea that coaches actually quit their jobs because they had a stud football player on their YOUTH TEAM (Jr Pro ball????) as you say go to BA. Why do these coaches have the "rights" over a player on a "youth team"? Most kids come in to BA in the 6th-7th grade. Very few come in during HS.

You got it right. Here in Maryville we support our kids, we don't care about the same things some Brentwood academy fans do. Alcoa has a winning program and I don't think that 2A is very good in East TN, but they play all comers and could easily spank most 5A team’s normal years. That includes the great BA. Some of the years and teams talked about during this discussion would have beaten the crap out of BA. Hillsboro & Melrose are great winning programs and Maryville had to play very hard to stay on the field with those teams during the State games. Maryville has been up to the task. This is a different year and maybe Maryville is not as good as some but all that matters in the end is how you played and who had more points on the board at the end of the game.

It is a matter of record that BA breaks the rules in order to gain an unfair advantage. Having 20K to send your kid to a private school for one year is ok, but most hard working families don't have that. If I were a public school AD I would not play BA. Not because I would be afraid to lose but why give someone who cheats a chance to beat you. This way the Brandon types and his beloved BA could fly to Texas and Florida to find opponents worthy.

Playing in our region and community is more important that trying to prove something to jealous idiots who never think you are as good as they are, regardless of the record. Maybe that is something a lot of money does to a person. Always wanting better and more and everyone else never measures up. I like what little we in Maryville have and the record of our football program.

BA cheats and breaks rules......if I were you and had one ounce of proof to this, I would definitely turn it over to the TSSAA. As a matter of fact, I will walk in to the TSSAA with you to turn BA in. Our school motto is......."Vivat Veritas"....."let TRUTH prevail".......I whole heartedly believe BA should be punished if they were caught for cheating and breaking rules........please bring the evidence forward......FBemerituous, on a "real" note.......if you want to go to the public-private board on this subject, I would be happy to discuss......of course, we have been discussing this topic for years.

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but to say J. Wilson lacks heart and lays down too much is ridiculous. The whole team played hard. They just got beat.

Why when someone makes an observation about the bobcats then its an agenda. Watch the game over on CSS like I did twice and you will see. Not hitting open holes, not trying for extra yardage when it could have been gained (this was in the later part of the game so he may have been sore I do not know), even the CSS commentators said he needs to learn to hit the hole the line made. I think Central will do well the rest of the year just need to work on a few things and one is heart, you can see toward the end of the third quarter Central is done, head down and walking around and yes J. Wilson #20 when confronted in the later part of the game would just lay down. I am not trying to upset you or give you cause to whin just saying what I seen. Maryville players still hitting hard and flying all over the field. I'm not sure about Douglas but I do know Central did a good job shutting him down. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.

After getting to see Maryville play against Central last night on TV, I have some thoughts........First.... They have a few athletes that appear to be able to play at a Lambuth/Cumberland University type program. They did have one player....I forget his name, but he is a linebacker that was a hoss.

Some very good observations Brandon100. If Douglas can get out of his UT committment, maybe he can go to Cumberland. Also I wouldn't use "hoss" to describe any of our LB's this year. Speedy, small, and tough...maybe. Again Brandon100...you are right on target. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Brandon -

I'm pretty sure the title of this thread is Maryville @ Central...so stay on topic or GO AWAY!

You've made your point perfectly clear to all of us. We never began to care about your opinion, and stating it over and over and over again will do nothing to change that. So go start another thread to hate on the Rebels or write some sales copy or else get back to talking Maryville and Central okay?

For everyone else, I'm cool with talking about whatever on this topic or any other.

And with regards to the question of 5A...well we at MHS already know that we've already been on the field with two of the top 5A teams in the state this year and we know how we stack up. I don't see GQ sweating the move.

Maryville fans i wouldn't let brandon get to me. Brandon is a typical brentwood academy fan. A typical brentwod academy fan thinks that no other team in tennessee deserves attention. Brentwood academy fans are the most arrogant fans you will ever see. Those preppies live vicariously their team more than anyone i ever seen. I lived in middle tennessee and see how they act.

Some very good observations Brandon100. If Douglas can get out of his UT committment, maybe he can go to Cumberland. Also I wouldn't use "hoss" to describe any of our LB's this year. Speedy, small, and tough...maybe. Again Brandon100...you are right on target. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That was funny STARS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not a Central fan or Maryville fan but I watched the game and recorded and watched it again and what I saw was this.

1. GQ did a great job coaching his kids as usual.

2. Maryville is not as big as past teams but played hard and never let down.

3. Central has a really good defensive line and a big linebacker #34 that seem to shut Douglas down and managed to put just enough pressure on Burnette to keep him off balance, Centrals secondary is kind of small but they are quick and Centrals defense as a whole stayed on the field to long.

4. Centrals offense lacked the needed punch to compete or outscore a team like Maryville. McMillan is a soso qb and still Maryville could not account for him, J. Wilson lacks heart and lays down to much, Styles would be a great receiver but Central failed or can't seem to get him the ball, offense as a whole did poorly.

5. Central commits to many turnovers and gives the ball up to much, I hear they had several turnovers at Whites Creek and again Friday night against Maryville, to many mental mistakes.

6. Maryville will win the region again and go to playoffs but I do feel they are beatable.

7. Central will make the playoffs but will lose in the first or second round.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

upndown you are crazy. How can you get on this topic and downgrade a couple high school athletes in Wilson and McMillan. Wilson is probably the best RB in region 3-4A and McMillan is no doubt the most athletic QB in region 3-4A, and if you have any questions about that you have to see how central scored on their drive, McMillan broke a definate sack and juked another defender and shot put the ball in the endzone to styles for a TD, on tv they were saying that was one of the most athletic plays they have ever seen, he did have a rough night throwing the ball but Maryville has the best secondary he will face all year, but IMO Central has the best QB and RB duo in 3-4A together Wilson and McMillan both had almost 200 yds rushing against Maryville, on the other hand the linebacker #34 is Chris Wilson and he is a very underated LB /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

upndown you are crazy. How can you get on this topic and downgrade a couple high school athletes in Wilson and McMillan. Wilson is probably the best RB in region 3-4A and McMillan is no doubt the most athletic QB in region 3-4A, and if you have any questions about that you have to see how central scored on their drive, McMillan broke a definate sack and juked another defender and shot put the ball in the endzone to styles for a TD, on tv they were saying that was one of the most athletic plays they have ever seen, he did have a rough night throwing the ball but Maryville has the best secondary he will face all year, but IMO Central has the best QB and RB duo in 3-4A together Wilson and McMillan both had almost 200 yds rushing against Maryville, on the other hand the linebacker #34 is Chris Wilson and he is a very underated LB /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry to upset you but in my business I get paid to break it down and call it like I see it. I admit that you have probabably seen McMillan and Wilson play more than I have and I meant no disrespect to those players but from what I saw there were several misscues and at times it looked like the offense did not know what play was called. Yes McMillan does appear to be athletic and Wilson regardless of what you say has work to do to be considered a D1 back. You cannot argue if you watched the same game that the offense was done midway through the third quarter and had given up. I did say the defense did a great job and kept Central in the game as much as they could. Good Luck to your team.