MARYVILLE @ CENTRAL

cobrajet

Fact means something that is true or certain, so maybe just maybe you are having trouble with a words definition!!

where is it fact that MHS is 5A just because the TSSAA hasn't realigned quick enough for you don't mean they are 5A

however in 2009 when they do realign Maryville will move up and maybe central won't and then you can stop your whinning or obsessing or whatever you want to call it and be competitive in your region again.

Please direct to me the post in this thread where I said Maryville was 5-A. I certainly didn't mean to say they were 5-A. I just meant to point out that Maryville had more students than the other 4-A teams in the region. Which is a fact.

Good to see you can copy the words of others

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redandblack now that we have properly greeted each other like we normally do. (LOL) I think this could be a real trap game for Maryville. One thing about Central they are NEVER scared of Maryville and if they fall behind three touchdowns the never quit fighting. Looking at stats today looks like Wilson and McMillian between them have almost 1,000 yards (both around 450). Considering Wilson has been hurt some that is pretty impressive. Their defense may be down but so is Maryville's running game.

I expect a tough game. I am sure Helton has them ready to go.

redandblack now that we have properly greeted each other like we normally do. (LOL) I think this could be a real trap game for Maryville. One thing about Central they are NEVER scared of Maryville and if they fall behind three touchdowns the never quit fighting. Looking at stats today looks like Wilson and McMillian between them have almost 1,000 yards (both around 450). Considering Wilson has been hurt some that is pretty impressive. Their defense may be down but so is Maryville's running game.

I expect a tough game. I am sure Helton has them ready to go.

Agree with the possibility of being a trap game for Maryville. I just don't think Central can put enough pressure on Brumette. If he is given all day to throw he will pick Central apart. Brumette and company will have a field day in the passing game.

Mc Millian is a tough nut and a very good runner. He is smart and dependable. The other part of the offensive equation for Central is talented indeed, but he is susceptible to injury and will not play hurt. I am not privy to the inside information. All I know is what I see. After a few hard hits from the Red Devil defenders he walked off the field never to return. If he is ready and willing Centrals option game could give Maryville some trouble.

Any other year Central would have a chance. The troops will be ready and willing, but the are going into a sword fight with a letter opener. Central just doesn't have enough weapons.

Maryville wins and it could get ugly.

Where is Central Bobcat? After he tells us again that this is the year that Maryville is going down in defeat, I will make my prediction. It will be something centered around another Rebel party at the Fountain City DUCK POND!!!

Rebel9

Reb9,Central Bobcat is always around I have been out of town for a few days but had to get back to watch the recruiting rebs go down.You recieved a gift last week from a mediocre Blunt team which will probably lose tonight to Farragut and next week for sure vs Oak Ridge.We will not be as generous tonight as Blunt was last week.Maybe you can go by Litton's before the game because you will not get much enjoyment during or after the game. Central Bobcat

Folks REDANDBLACK63 is not a real Central fan. If you go back all the way to 2002 and read his post you will see he has leveled accusations of recruiting and MANY other negative remarks about the program. This person disguises himself as a fan to make the program and fans look rediculous.

In looking at tonights game, I think Central has a chance to win if they can keep it close to the end. The Bobcats will need to eliminate the mental mistakes, penalties, and turnovers that have haunted them this year. I remember the Cookeville game Central had 3 long tds called back due to penalties and they turned the ball over 3 times inside the cookeville 20 yard line. That game should have been a blow out win for Central and in fact looked like it on the field but still turned into a Bobcat loss. I look forward to attending tonights game, the Maryville program and fans are a class act. This Central team has tallent at the skill positions that is very capable of putting up points, and the same can be said for the RedRebels, it should be an exciting game.

Last week at William Blount the legendary Rebelraider sat behind me. He sat beside his mom and stepdad. His mom,dad and stepdad went to Maryville with my brothers. Dad and stepdad were real good players at Maryville. I told Rebelraider he needed to get in the hunt and mix again.

Rebelron - Check your PM.

So just because I wanted Central to clean up the program I am not a fan? I am a long time resident of Ftn. City. Born and breed. I would venture to guess I have lived there longer (1945). I have followed the Cats since the Pruden field days. Do you know where Pruden Field is? I was a little harsh back in the day. I saw a lot of what Boomer Boring, Tommy Schumbert, Red Eubank, O.C. Loy, etc... develop going down the tubes. Yes I am a Central fan and I am glad to say a lot of positive changes have taken place since 2002.

So. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> No direct answers to my question of Who out there can beat Maryville, with the exception of "Central will give them a good game" and teams out west making noise like "Hillsboro". I take that to mean that NO teams that Maryville would play before the big game vs West TN teams, can beat Maryville. Is that a fair statement? Anyone willing to say Noone can, or throw out a name of a team that might be able to play with Maryville?

Dang, I need to drive to see them play. Saw a preseason Maryville scrimmage, but scrimmages aren't the same as a midseason or playoff game.

Ill answer that question for you pudding. I have been to many Maryville games 1998 and the only ones i do not go to are the wekks that two other big teams are playing. I can tell you that last year no team in the state would have beaten Maryville, hands down. Im sure many disagree with me but I can tell you they had it at every position and executed like a finely tuned machine. This years team is a different story... While still a great football team, many of the 5a and DII teams i believe would be able to beat Maryville. Maryville still might win against these teams but they are not as good as they have been the past two years. Last year was the best Maryville team I have ever seen. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks if any 4a teams can knock them off.