Henry Co. vs JCM

BigRedForLife

Quit, JCM has not played since they beat us in 2005 and you are still living in that year. JCM has won like 3 games in their last 14, HC has won lilke 14 of the last 18, sounds like we quit and you guys are playing like champs. Yanker, do not think for one second that you know how some of our kids come up, if you think our kids are spoon fed then you are a bigger idiot than I have ever given you credit for being. Yes tough life ends at the Madison county line. You are ever bit the idiot that I have always given you credit for being. We have plenty of players than have come up in tougher situations than someof yours.

The YANKER never said that you had NO tough guys...and I am sure you have a few who live the tough life. But in no way does ANYONE with a brain think that the students at JCM have any of the frills and luxuries of life, that some in Henry County have. If you do not believe that, then visit JCM one day, and then visit HCHS...you will then agree with the YANKER about who has it tougher. Like I said...your team may be more sophisticated...may be more organized and discipline...but they will never be tougher. The YANKER rests his case...with yet another victory!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cephus, you need to go on a cephatical, I am a high school football fan who happened to grow very fond of the football team in Henry county last season, I go t their games as often as possible, I did see the Dickson game and I was impressed, it was that week that I was on these boards talking great about the Patriots. Westview beat a Patriot team that has much more talent which makes me question how good the Patriots are. I saw a Westview team that ran a QB sweep on succesive plays maybe 4 times in a row and the Henry county defense had no answer, I wanted to be right in my predictions this year of Henry county winning the 4a state title and I guess more than being disappointed with the Patriots porous Defense, I am just upset about being wrong myself, they may still do it but they have got to get a lot better each week. Prophet, I am not a follower of the Yanker, but an unbiased fan of the game. I just wish the Patriot Defense would TACKLE SOMEONE

If you are a fan of the game the talk about positive htings about Westview and not negative things about Henry couty.

Talking about short comings is perfectly alright, but something about your post was a little on the tacky side, it is young men that you are talking about, not NFL players who are getting paid. Be a fan not a critic

Cephus, you need to go on a cephatical, I am a high school football fan who happened to grow very fond of the football team in Henry county last season, I go t their games as often as possible, I did see the Dickson game and I was impressed, it was that week that I was on these boards talking great about the Patriots. Westview beat a Patriot team that has much more talent which makes me question how good the Patriots are. I saw a Westview team that ran a QB sweep on succesive plays maybe 4 times in a row and the Henry county defense had no answer, I wanted to be right in my predictions this year of Henry county winning the 4a state title and I guess more than being disappointed with the Patriots porous Defense, I am just upset about being wrong myself, they may still do it but they have got to get a lot better each week. Prophet, I am not a follower of the Yanker, but an unbiased fan of the game. I just wish the Patriot Defense would TACKLE SOMEONE

Very few teams at any level have a perfect record during any given season. All have an off night periodically. It is better, of course, to have your off night against a weak team. Such was not the case with HC. I don't think that off night should make you question them yet. We have five region games in a row. I hope we have our off night out of our system. As far as the coaching style that you questioned earlier, it beat a tough Fairley team, a tough Melrose team, a tough Dickson Co. team; come to think of it, this style has won him a state championship and took us to the semi-finals last year, along with many other appearances deep into the play-offs. (...and "O" I am not getting defensive, just giving my opinion)

The YANKER never said that you had NO tough guys...and I am sure you have a few who live the tough life. But in no way does ANYONE with a brain think that the students at JCM have any of the frills and luxuries of life, that some in Henry County have. If you do not believe that, then visit JCM one day, and then visit HCHS...you will then agree with the YANKER about who has it tougher. Like I said...your team may be more sophisticated...may be more organized and discipline...but they will never be tougher. The YANKER rests his case...with yet another victory!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not presume to think, tha I or even you can go in a school and look at a child and think for one second that I know what kind of life they lead. Tougher cannot be measured, If all I know is one thing then I become conditioned to that lifestyle, Life for some would be t ougher on those who are not accustom to that sort of life, it is like work, some jobs are tougher than others, does not neccesarily make the employee a tougher person.

Being an accountant would be tough on me but if I could do the job, I would not be any tougher.

I do need a cephatical! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> A little break every now and then would be nice! I was just as upset as you about our Defense of the Westview game. I know we are better than that. But we did not show it. I also thought our defense would be much improved this year over an already good D from last year. This has not yet panned out. Being an optimist, I know they can get better. These last five games will get progressively tougher leading up to the playoffs. So improvement is a requirement from here on out. The only good thing about the Westview game in my opinion is that it should have taught them a lesson. I know you were giving us grief over a poor performance and just being upset - we deserve it. But one reason I took it to heart was because I know that these kids are not soft. They didn't come out thinking that Westview was an awesome power and were scared to hit them. They got overconfident, played graba$$ before the game and didn't take it seriously. The coaches were furious with their mental mistakes and letdowns that you and I both saw. Personally, I believe that the point was driven home to the Patriots. Nothing but region play is left. This is it, leave nothing on the field. Give it your all and make a statement. That is what the Patriots will be doing. And by the way, I am glad that you became a fan of the Patriots. We welcome anyone who has gotten a little Red Pride flowing in their blood! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I do not think Henry County to be soft, however, they do not appear to be as physical as a year ago. I am able to watch practice on occasion, from my car, on Tuesdays, and sometimes on Wednesdays. There is no problem with practice, in fact, it is as physical, or more contact oriented, than many teams that I coached through thhe years. They are certainly in full pads. I am sure their coaches are concerned about poor tackling in certain positions. All teams have that problem. I am concerned with the fact that the team seems to be void of what I would call a big hitter. I never see a memorable lick passed. That is not something you coach into someone. It is like a runner with great vision. You can't coach that. You can't coach a guy to be a big hitter. You can coach tackling fundamentals and techniques, and rep them all year long. You can't make a soft guy tough, however. Henry County, at this point in the season, has some good players, a good team, but no intimidating tough guys. They may emerge. They are not scared to tackle, but they tackle very few people with great authority. I have not seen the other region teams play, but I would think that Henry County is among the best. There are no excuses for the Westview game. They were better that night.

I do not presume to think, tha I or even you can go in a school and look at a child and think for one second that I know what kind of life they lead. Tougher cannot be measured, If all I know is one thing then I become conditioned to that lifestyle, Life for some would be t ougher on those who are not accustom to that sort of life, it is like work, some jobs are tougher than others, does not neccesarily make the employee a tougher person.

Being an accountant would be tough on me but if I could do the job, I would not be any tougher.

If one could go into the homes of EVERY JCM football player, and then go into the homes of EVERY HC football player...it would be easy to see who has the tougher life...even for you. That does not make them better football players...but it does make them tougher. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

I do not think Henry County to be soft, however, they do not appear to be as physical as a year ago. I am able to watch practice on occasion, from my car, on Tuesdays, and sometimes on Wednesdays. There is no problem with practice, in fact, it is as physical, or more contact oriented, than many teams that I coached through thhe years. They are certainly in full pads. I am sure their coaches are concerned about poor tackling in certain positions. All teams have that problem. I am concerned with the fact that the team seems to be void of what I would call a big hitter. I never see a memorable lick passed. That is not something you coach into someone. It is like a runner with great vision. You can't coach that. You can't coach a guy to be a big hitter. You can coach tackling fundamentals and techniques, and rep them all year long. You can't make a soft guy tough, however. Henry County, at this point in the season, has some good players, a good team, but no intimidating tough guys. They may emerge. They are not scared to tackle, but they tackle very few people with great authority. I have not seen the other region teams play, but I would think that Henry County is among the best. There are no excuses for the Westview game. They were better that night.

You may be right. The 2 DE's from last year are gone and kids have have filled the void but not with the hitting clinic those 2 exhibited during last season. Between those 2 there were many QB sacks and hurries along with RB's stopped for no gain form the beginning of the season till the end. In the next game or two I would think you would see those hitters emerging.

What is the OL for JCM like? Can they protect QB? I have to believe you will see JCM throwing 30-40 passes in this game. Pats have to put pressure on the JCM QB and keep him contained. Pats need to start the road thru the Region with a win at the Rock Friday night.

SOFT!!!! You ain't got a clue!! I can tell as a matter of fact that at least 4 of the guys on our team is NOT SOFT...mainly my boy!! Send someone against him and see what happens. Ask the defense of the other teams and see who they concentrate on on the O-line. My...that hit a nerve. Where is my voodoo doll...let see how does your neck feel??

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> My Lord i thought we got up tight here in Montgomery Co. about football. One thing for sure after 10 pm this Fri. night the toughest team is gonna win.. I think, but i could be wrong if Henry Co. players are reading some of this stuff. Well LOOK OUT.. Wish we could have played you guys this year. Not saying we would have beat you but would have enjoyed coming to Paris for it. I know how you guys get up for them. If you read our threads we lack your enthusiasm. That said i'll be looking back here Fri. night. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game and whoever wins always show respect. Teach em right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If one could go into the homes of EVERY JCM football player, and then go into the homes of EVERY HC football player...it would be easy to see who has the tougher life...even for you. That does not make them better football players...but it does make them tougher. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

I agree it does not make them any better football player. Great coaching, the desire to succeed and physical abilities can go much further than their home life in making them good football players. Whether a kid is in a home that has 3 digit income with Mom and Dad providing a stable home life or a kid who grows up in the horrible conditions they both are equally suseptible to the same ligaments being torn, bones breaking and ankles twisted. Good forbide but it will happen to many an athlete. Can they be mentally tougher, sure. But if that mental toughness is not harnessed, then you end up with tons of penalties, missed assignments, etc.

Anyway off the soap box.

With Hawkins stats this year is anyone else running the football? Is JCM playing from behind in every game?

What do you think JCM is better at run D or pass D?

I agree it does not make them any better football player. Great coaching, the desire to succeed and physical abilities can go much further than their home life in making them good football players. Whether a kid is in a home that has 3 digit income with Mom and Dad providing a stable home life or a kid who grows up in the horrible conditions they both are equally suseptible to the same ligaments being torn, bones breaking and ankles twisted. Good forbide but it will happen to many an athlete. Can they be mentally tougher, sure. But if that mental toughness is not harnessed, then you end up with tons of penalties, missed assignments, etc.

Anyway off the soap box.

With Hawkins stats this year is anyone else running the football? Is JCM playing from behind in every game?

What do you think JCM is better at run D or pass D?

Hawkins is our best runner, but not our only runner. He does not run as much as the YANKER would like. We are behind in most games, but not all. Our defense is not up to JCM standards, so I would say that we are about the same against each. We are great against neither. We are fast and physical on defense, but we do not play as good as we look. Our offense is better than last season, as is our defense. We are a better team than a year ago, but the YANKER hopes we improve. I will be surprised if we do not give you a good game. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!