Henry Co. vs JCM

BigRedForLife

Guest Advisor

Drewcephus.........The Advisor still has not determined the appropriate trophy that bests represents this Old Rivalry. Many things come to mind but none stand out as the best emblem that tells the story of intensity of this Old Rivalry dating back to Old Jackson High and The Grove Blue Devils! Many feel that a box of broken glass found outside the Yanker's beloved Rock would be a good symbol of the years played in Jackson but then we would have to play for the Catfish hanging across from the Old Dairy Queen! Any ideas Drew??

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanker, I am extremely sorry about your dad. I had a feeling something was up since you had not been on much. I will probably miss the game, too, as I have someone sick in my family and as of right now am the only one who can stay with him. I hate missing the game, but family comes first.

I am confused about the lack of posting, but I certainly don't think those in the know are taking JCM for granted. JCM should never be taken for granted. I have even heard some players comment to the contrary. Coach Gaddis has been quoted several times about the talent,etc. I believe I have not posted because this is a scary one, and I have no bragging to do until I see how it turns out. I, too, have been keeping up with the Munford controversy but have not posted because I am tired of them (like you feel about Liberty), and I will never believe that a kid and his brother move here, play for them, move back after football, and then move back for the next football season. Lots of moving! It's not worth it anymore.

Keep us updated on your dad. You know, since neither of us will be there, they probably should reschedule the game for a later date.

I think that the JCM administration and local, as well as national. security officials are all thankful that the YANKER will not attend. I am a security nightmare. The game should be postponed. The crowd will be sparse because most people in attendance come first to find out who the YANKER is, rather than to watch the game. Thanks for the kind words about my father. He will be fine. I just do not want to leave him, even though he has implored me to go ahead to the game. The YANKER is saddened to hear that you have a sick family member. I hope he/she will be alright. As important as this game is to us both, family comes first. I AM THE YANKER!!!

The YANKER agrees that HC is very capable of beating JCM. The edge that we have on ALL of you, is that no one up there is even worried about JCM. Check out this thread and see if the YANKER is not correct, yet again!! This thread sounds a lot like your Westview thread a few weeks ago. Will any of you ever learn?? What the YANKER also knows is history...HC has a history of losing at the ROCK...and of QUITTING at the ROCK...even with the region title on the line and the game in doubt!!! All of this the YANKER KNOWS...because it is true!!! What do you know besides the conjecture that "this will come back and bite the YANKER"????? I AM THE "UNBITTEN" BUT " OFTEN BITING" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanker, first and foremost I want to wish your father well this week. It saddens me to know that a TRUE fan of the game (even though it is the putrid Cougars /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) will have to miss this one. Like RedPride said, family comes first and it must be this way. I have faith that all will be well for both you and RedPride in your families.

From your post above, nearly no one in Big Red Country is taking this game with anything but the utmost seriousness and respect for the rivalry. Afterall, JCM has notoriously had more talent than any team Henry County plays - with the only exception being Melrose. The posters that have said overconfident statements are either new or not from Henry County. Also, your version of "QUITTING at the ROCK" is quite different than mine. When a medical doctor and professional athletic trainer tells a player(s) that they cannot go back in the game, I would hardly consider that quitting. Unfortunate yes, quitting no. And if your memory will serve you correctly, you would recall that we were driving the ball down the field with only seconds to go with our second team replacements in for those injured. Only that last second interception kept us out of the endzone and from beating you at the Rock. We are just a few days away from finding out how the story will unfold this year...

Drewcephus.........The Advisor still has not determined the appropriate trophy that bests represents this Old Rivalry. Many things come to mind but none stand out as the best emblem that tells the story of intensity of this Old Rivalry dating back to Old Jackson High and The Grove Blue Devils! Many feel that a box of broken glass found outside the Yanker's beloved Rock would be a good symbol of the years played in Jackson but then we would have to play for the Catfish hanging across from the Old Dairy Queen! Any ideas Drew??

I am still having difficulty coming up with something. Maybe it should just be some kind of a spirit bowl. Maybe a silver one that we could have on a pedestal with engravings going all the way back to Grove vs. Jackson High days. But otherwise, I am stumped!!! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Yanker, first and foremost I want to wish your father well this week. It saddens me to know that a TRUE fan of the game (even though it is the putrid Cougars /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) will have to miss this one. Like RedPride said, family comes first and it must be this way. I have faith that all will be well for both you and RedPride in your families.

From your post above, nearly no one in Big Red Country is taking this game with anything but the utmost seriousness and respect for the rivalry. Afterall, JCM has notoriously had more talent than any team Henry County plays - with the only exception being Melrose. The posters that have said overconfident statements are either new or not from Henry County. Also, your version of "QUITTING at the ROCK" is quite different than mine. When a medical doctor and professional athletic trainer tells a player(s) that they cannot go back in the game, I would hardly consider that quitting. Unfortunate yes, quitting no. And if your memory will serve you correctly, you would recall that we were driving the ball down the field with only seconds to go with our second team replacements in for those injured. Only that last second interception kept us out of the endzone and from beating you at the Rock. We are just a few days away from finding out how the story will unfold this year...

Thanks for the kind words about my father. I, too, hate that the YANKER will miss this game. About two years ago...at least one of your players who was so badly hurt, that a "medical doctor" prevented him from playing...was playing in the very next game. The YANKER knows this because I read about it the paper. That's what I have based my comments on for the last two years. How badly could he have been hurt, if he played in the next game????? Let's face it...JCM players are generally just TOUGHER than those of HC!!! Your team may be better organized...better prepared with all of your coaches versus our three or four...but your guys are basically soft and pampered while ours are plain tough...they live a tougher life, and the YANKER will defy anyone to prove otherwise. Your guys QUIT because the game got tougher than they were willing to be. I am sure you have some tough guys and your team may win this Friday...but it will not be because your guys are tougher. I know that you do not want to admit this...and the YANKER understands why...but guess what...you do not have to admit it...because the YANKER already knows it to be true! I AM THE TRUTHFUL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words about my father. I, too, hate that the YANKER will miss this game. About two years ago...at least one of your players who was so badly hurt, that a "medical doctor" prevented him from playing...was playing in the very next game. The YANKER knows this because I read about it the paper. That's what I have based my comments on for the last two years. How badly could he have been hurt, if he played in the next game????? Let's face it...JCM players are generally just TOUGHER than those of HC!!! Your team may be better organized...better prepared with all of your coaches versus our three or four...but your guys are basically soft and pampered while ours are plain tough...they live a tougher life, and the YANKER will defy anyone to prove otherwise. Your guys QUIT because the game got tougher than they were willing to be. I am sure you have some tough guys and your team may win this Friday...but it will not be because your guys are tougher. I know that you do not want to admit this...and the YANKER understands why...but guess what...you do not have to admit it...because the YANKER already knows it to be true! I AM THE TRUTHFUL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of things that I completely disagree with in this post Yanker. And you know better. The last two years, we had our OPEN week after the JCM game, so it is very likely that our players would be playing the next game. And you must be speaking about things getting too tough for the players to handle because that is how JCM seems to operate and I guess that is all you know. It is not a matter of toughness, but mental attitude. Henry County does not have a problem with the latter at all, there is no quit in them. They scratch and claw til the bitter end. And during that exact game you speak of, we nearly clawed our way back to a victory at the Rock with a much inferior team talent wise. And by the way, we have a practicing MD on the field at every game. She is actually an Orthapedic Surgeon who knows her stuff. If she said that Calvin needed to sit out, then he darn well needed to sit out to keep from risking any further injury. I am not a doctor so I have absolutely no reason to question her motives that evening. I was there that night and I know what I saw. I also knew the kids very well - quitting or sitting out because it was too tough is absurd - especially for the "one player" that you are speaking of. I'll let you and The Prophet discuss anything further on quitting because I have nothing left to discuss about it.

The YANKER realizes that no one up there in Henryland is the least bit worried about this game with "lowly" JCM...but I cannot carry this thread for you this week. Why is it on page two??? My father is in the hospital. He will have a procedure on Thursday or Friday, so the YANKER may not even get to attend the game...which makes the YANKER sad...but I will not let my father be in the hospital by himself while I go to the game. I would love to welcome all of my HC friends to the refurbished ROCK!!!!! I am working a little, posting a little, and going to the hospital a lot...so someone needs to pick up the posting a little...even though you are CERTAIN of victory...just like the WESTVIEW game!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS...I expect my father to be fine...I just don't want him to be alone...I am all that he has...and he is all that I have.

Yanker, I hope that all goes well with your father. I know that we only have one set of parents and when they're gone it is too late to "be there" and let them know how much they mean to you. I know that your dad appreciates the type of son that he has. May God bless the two of you!

The YANKER agrees that HC is very capable of beating JCM. The edge that we have on ALL of you, is that no one up there is even worried about JCM. Check out this thread and see if the YANKER is not correct, yet again!! This thread sounds a lot like your Westview thread a few weeks ago. Will any of you ever learn?? What the YANKER also knows is history...HC has a history of losing at the ROCK...and of QUITTING at the ROCK...even with the region title on the line and the game in doubt!!! All of this the YANKER KNOWS...because it is true!!! What do you know besides the conjecture that "this will come back and bite the YANKER"????? I AM THE "UNBITTEN" BUT " OFTEN BITING" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will yank on the yankers chain after 10pm this Friday night. Yanking him into his own verbal demise and unleash the yankers own words back on him biting him over and over again until the yanker admits he ran into the YANKER SPANKER. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Henry Co. WINS> BOOK IT. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hope your dad is doing well. GB.