Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Brandon, this thread brought up a question for me that I hope you will answer regarding BA. I just hope the statute of limitations hasn't passed.

Back when the T$$AA went to 5 classes, for the first two years BA played 4A. They didn't win a state title either year, then in 95 decided they were ready to play 5A, even though they never won 4A.

Why the move up? They weren't "avoiding the big boys" of 4A at the time were they?

Good question. I remember 4A being tough. There were great teams in 4A. We were always ridiculed for playing in a lower classification bracket, no matter who we played. Again, we were a tiny school. I don't know why BA jumped to 5A, other than it was time to do it. It brought more credibility to the program as well for the naysayers..It was hard then to say we didn't play the "big boys".......

Back to the topic thread.......

REBEL9 introducing the issue:

Could it be that Maryville passed your beloved BA in state titles last year or do you still have your panties in a twist because GQ turned your school down.

BRANDON100 retorting:

GQ did not turn down the job, but interviewed.

Okay, I read the post again and now I have drawn you a picture. Do you understand now? You want to talk about anything (check the upper left corner) but the Cupcake Bonanza.

Let me draw you a picture so that your one sided mind will understand.When BRANDON100 tells a outrite lie wheather it is what the thread is about or not it makes that lie an issue .Can you understand? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok Rebels.........let's talk........first of all, I like Maryville......went to the 2 Maryville vs BA state championships in the 70's as a kid that Maryville won...I have been to Maryville Alcoa games..(not sure if you call them games most of the time...more like Alcoa taken to the woodshed since 1928...very lopsided series)..Maryville is a really good ball club, there is not much one can do about who is in their region......but here are my findings......

The first half of your seasons teams have a combined record of 13-13.

The second half of your seasons teams have a combined record of 10-15.

There are two 0-5 ball clubs on your schedule, and 3 of your seasons teams have 2-3 records at this moment. Do you guys question your schedule strength regarding really how good you are to have the ridiculous record you have? With the exception of some of the playoff teams, you really have no competition.

In 2006, the regular season teams you played had combined records of 46-55. 6 of the 10 teams you played in the regular season won 5 games or less (.500 or below records).

As Maryville fans, you guys have to be the most bored fans around playing the schedule you play. The schedule is reminiscent of a Nebraska or Florida St schedule in years past when they competed for national championships and scheduled any team they could blow out to keep a top 5 ranking during the season, and impress the AP Poll. In looking at the games you have played since coacht has kept records (2001), most every game is a blowout. But then again, on most every given year, with the exception of maybe Alcoa and this year WB, every team is a cupcake. You do not schedule anyone outside of your region that is evenly matched with you. Every team on your regular season is from east TN. Do you think you would be as successful with a W/L record if you played even one game outside of Alcoa that was even a threat?

I consider you the best team in the state by far in DI. I don't think you can be considered the best in the state overall with the record you have against cupcakes. You would definitely not have the streak you have now if you played in DII. I am sure that the national polls are not aware of the weak schedule you play, they just look at the blow outs. The schedule may make you look better than you really are.

Bringing home the 4A gold ball most every year in recent memory is great, but don't you want to know just how good you really are? You are good enough to win the gold ball in your division, which is every teams goal (or should be)....but you may not be as good as you think. Try some competition......please show me where I am wrong.....

OK.....I'm ready for my beating from the Rebel faithful....... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You might be right and you might be wrong. Who cares? It seems to have worked. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quit whining any way. I remember in the 70's and 80's BA played in AA not AAA. Why didn't they move up like some other schools in the state did but did not have to. Everyone new back then that BA had the best team money could buy. Yes they did recruit no matter what you were told. There kids played one way while most AA teams platooned. Keep winning Rebels. You evidently touched a nerve with BA. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be right and you might be wrong. Who cares? It seems to have worked. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quit whining any way. I remember in the 70's and 80's BA played in AA not AAA. Why didn't they move up like some other schools in the state did but did not have to. Everyone new back then that BA had the best team money could buy. Yes they did recruit no matter what you were told. There kids played one way while most AA teams platooned. Keep winning Rebels. You evidently touched a nerve with BA. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a thread on Maryville's weak schedule.......not who plays in what classification.......You guys just can't help yourselves to try and divert the topic.

Starters most always played both ways. There were few starters that had the luxury of not playing on both sides of the field at BA in the 1970's and 1980's. Back up your statement with facts.

All trivial stuff that you want to use to divert people.

Would you mind referencing my last Maryville critique thread? As for that matter, ANY thread I have ever posted that says Maryville?

Brandon100, you were the one braging about "truth", when I pointed out the errors in your statements. You would not want to use false statements to "divert" anyone would you?

Brandon since coachT had the change over a couple of months ago, lots of previous posts and topics have been deleted. But in only a couple of months it is amazing the number of times the word "Maryville" appears in your posts.

OK so I was enjoying the back and forth until I got to this post. We BA alumni and fans are pretty used to hearing the same thing year in and year out. My question to you would be what do you know about Brentwood Academy? I challenge you to tell me something, anything about the school other than your silly rants about recruiting. As to your second comment, I was there in the mid 90's during the 4A and 5A days and we did platoon, more than most schools we played. I wasn't there in the AA days but I find it hard to believe they didn't platoon back then either. Next time be sure to back your rants up with actual facts not biased anti BA rants.

Let me draw you a picture so that your one sided mind will understand.When BRANDON100 tells a outrite lie wheather it is what the thread is about or not it makes that lie an issue .Can you understand? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trivial to the topic matter as to whether or not GQ turned the job down....you major on minors in your posts....you attempt to pull one small thing out of my posts and make it the subject of discussion. How could it be a lie when I know/knew no different. I really don't care IF he turned the job down. There are many reasons for doing so that lies further than if he liked BA or Maryville....family, church, lifestyle...economics.. Evidently, he liked BA enough to interview. GQ is a great coach and great man from what I know. I am glad he might have decided to stay. Coach Potter was a great fit all the way around. Prayer by him after the game with the players all around in the middle of the field is a site to see

Trivial to the topic matter as to whether or not GQ turned the job down....you major on minors in your posts....you attempt to pull one small thing out of my posts and make it the subject of discussion. How could it be a lie when I know/knew no different. I really don't care IF he turned the job down. There are many reasons for doing so that lies further than if he liked BA or Maryville....family, church, lifestyle...economics.. Evidently, he liked BA enough to interview. GQ is a great coach and great man from what I know. I am glad he might have decided to stay. Coach Potter was a great fit all the way around. Prayer by him after the game with the players all around in the middle of the field is a site to see

If you did not know then why state it as fact . I am done talking about that part of your post but if you did not know the facts about G.Q. then why should anyone trust your opinion on anything you say on this thread? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK so I was enjoying the back and forth until I got to this post. We BA alumni and fans are pretty used to hearing the same thing year in and year out. My question to you would be what do you know about Brentwood Academy? I challenge you to tell me something, anything about the school other than your silly rants about recruiting. As to your second comment, I was there in the mid 90's during the 4A and 5A days and we did platoon, more than most schools we played. I wasn't there in the AA days but I find it hard to believe they didn't platoon back then either. Next time be sure to back your rants up with actual facts not biased anti BA rants.

Gee ..... so you were enjoying the " back and forth " as long as it was just Maryville being disrespected . I wonder how you would like it if someone from Maryville decided to dig up something disrespectful towards BA , like Brandon always does ? It surprises me that other posters from BA don't get a little tired of Brandon's classless attempts at belittling another school's accomplishments .

Brandon100, you were the one braging about "truth", when I pointed out the errors in your statements. You would not want to use false statements to "divert" anyone would you?

Brandon since coachT had the change over a couple of months ago, lots of previous posts and topics have been deleted. But in only a couple of months it is amazing the number of times the word "Maryville" appears in your posts.

Why not talk about Maryville? It is a great subject, as I have no desire to go talk about the RBS vs. Cascade game. I like to talk and listen about the great programs in the state, and again, Maryville is one of them. It is amazing how much you guys like to come on here and bash me, BA and anything else that takes attention away from the issue of this thread. Just as it is here......when you have nothing to say that would state why Maryville plays a weak schedule, and defends the reason, you decide to concentrate on me being "crazy" or that I have no idea what is going on, and my posts are ridiculous and that I will go on eventually so you guys can get back to your normal posts about the great game Maryville is going to play against Lenoir City or Heritage. On the outside, we all see that you guys evidently enjoy crushing teams you know don't stand much of a chance.

Gee ..... so you were enjoying the " back and forth " as long as it was just Maryville being disrespected . I wonder how you would like it if someone from Maryville decided to dig up something disrespectful towards BA , like Brandon always does ? It surprises me that other posters from BA don't get a little tired of Brandon's classless attempts at belittling another school's accomplishments .

No one is belittling your or any other schools accomplishments. All that has been said on this whole thread is how great of a program Maryville is. Other posts have been about how great Alcoa is. Past posts have been on how great of a school Ravenwood is....you will also find in September posts how good Smyrna is......You are not backing one thing up where I have bashed a school's accomplishments....also, it is not classless just stating facts that are easy to find and wondering why such a storied team does not want to play or won't schedule competition. Again.....you are not concentrating on what the thread is about.