Gibbs @ Rutledge

MineyHaole

This is a big game that I am suprised to find noone talking about. The winner of this game finds themselves in a race for not only a playoff spot, but maybe a home game in the playoffs. Rutledge has been beaten by Seymour, but is a tough team and won last week in emotional fashion. They are a tough team and one that may suprise some people. Gibbs is undefeated in the region and they have the ability to win some games and move up in the rankings. If they beat Rutledge, they have a strong chance to beat Pigeon Forge and Claiborne and be 2nd or 3rd in the region this year. This is a big game in Region 1 3A, how do the fans see this one turning out?

I personally feel like Rutledge will win based on the frustration factor. They lost last year on a last second 40-plus yard field goal by one point and lost by one in 2005. So far it looks like the offense is doing well when it gets chances to score, but it's feast or famine.

If Rutledge scores at all they should win.

KevB, I remember there being some controversy over the end of last year's game. I can not remember exactly what it was, but I do remember something. I agree that the frustration levels have to be high at Rutledge, but their confidence is probably pretty high too after beating GP. Gibbs I see as kind of an enigma. They seem to beat the teams that they think they can beat, Cosby and Union, but get blasted by the ones they don't think they can beat, SD, Halls, and Scott. I think that Gibbs will feel like they can beat Rutledge, and therefore will play a pretty solid game. I think it will be a close game, which history shows to not be an adventurous guess on my part. I will say that Rutledge wins 28-24. That score could be flipped if Rutledge has 2 or more turnovers.

I haven't had a chance to see Gibbs play, but I saw Rutledge play down at Seymour 2 weeks ago. Even though they did get shutout, there offense showed the potential to be good. Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the more physical offensive lines I have seen come from there in a while. I think this game will be close, but with Rutledge pulling it out at 10-7

KevB, I remember there being some controversy over the end of last year's game. I can not remember exactly what it was, but I do remember something. I agree that the frustration levels have to be high at Rutledge, but their confidence is probably pretty high too after beating GP. Gibbs I see as kind of an enigma. They seem to beat the teams that they think they can beat, Cosby and Union, but get blasted by the ones they don't think they can beat, SD, Halls, and Scott. I think that Gibbs will feel like they can beat Rutledge, and therefore will play a pretty solid game. I think it will be a close game, which history shows to not be an adventurous guess on my part. I will say that Rutledge wins 28-24. That score could be flipped if Rutledge has 2 or more turnovers.

Even though the score read 21-0 for South Doyle, Gibbs played fairly even with them. Mistakes are what lost this game for Gibbs.

The frustrations came from both sidelines last year on the last second field goal/(s) and kick off return to end the game if I remember correctly. Still I think it wll be a close game with big plays making the difference.

Like I said, frustration over the last two years and one-point losses gave the Pioneers what they needed to go out and dominate from the second quarter on. Great job guys! Now comes the "trap" game at Cosby. Got to keep sharp because the non-region games help with tie-breakers if needed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rutledge played Scott Co. in a jamboree before the season started. I think it was only one half of play. It looked like Rutledge played a lot of their subs. They had a lot of players not in uniform, and the McBee kid only played one series at QB.

I don't count scrimmages or jamborees...