Hunter Green State Bound!

Rhea Co.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what's funny. Hunter has been playing and winning before anyone had even had a clue who Joe David was. The facts don't lie 2 AAA titles>1 A/AA title. If Hunter does the 3 peat and makes state history there is no way anyone could compare Hunter to Joe David. AAA is bigger and means more than a A/AA. Hunter will become the greatest golfer this state has ever seen.

wait a second... maybe u didn't know who joe david was because you never played golf! bringing up this joe vs hunter controversy again... didn't joe whoop hunter at the tn state junior this year. joe won while hunter got like 14th..

That is just one tournament when Hunter was messing with his swing over the summer, getting ready for the USGA Junior Amateur Championship. The USGA Junior Amateur is alot bigger than any State Junior Tournament. No ONE can not tell how good a player is based one tournament. Hold up I do to play golf! I have played since I was 5. I played for Rhea County for 4 years, 2 years at Rhea Central and 8 years on the TGAJT on the Masters Division level, and several independent tournaments all over East Tennessee. I still help Rhea County during the summer helping the younger players get better and adjust to High School golf. You can't tell me I have never played, you don't even know me! I have never heard of Joe until last year and Hunter has been making headlines and winning state titles since 6th grade. Face it until joe plays hunter one on one. Hunter is the best based on titles and career.

haha ok atleast when joe went to the US Junior Am he actually qualified for match play, unfortunately he had to play the runner-up of the tournament and just barely lost to him but Hunter Green didn't make it to match play. And NO ONE can base a player off playing good at one course either. And also, Joe was winning vince gill stuff when i was like around 12 but he lives with his g'pa who isn't very wealthy so he couldn't play in many big tournaments at that age

haha ok atleast when joe went to the US Junior Am he actually qualified for match play, unfortunately he had to play the runner-up of the tournament and just barely lost to him but Hunter Green didn't make it to match play. And NO ONE can base a player off playing good at one course either. And also, Joe was winning vince gill stuff when i was like around 12 but he lives with his g'pa who isn't very wealthy so he couldn't play in many big tournaments at that age

Hunter only missed match play by one stroke it's not like he missed it by several, and for some reason he was in a slump this summer, I think it because he was trying new things with his swing. I think that US Junior Amateur didn't help much either in building his confidence. But now he is back to his old self where he shots in the low 70s and upper 60s. Now grant it Hunter loves old fort because it fits his style of play and that does help in winning there, but its not like he dosn't or hasn't won outside of Murfreesboro. It takes alot of wins and good finishes to get even recognized by colleges and I know that from first hand experience. Now I will give credit to joe and hunter. They are both 1 and 2 in the state in public schools and both number one in their respective classifications. It just like you pointed out Hunter has had the luxury of playing in more bigger tournaments which has gotten him exposure and credibility among college coaches. While Joe who has had less and done the best with what he has had, but has also gotten him not as much exposure but still good credibility among college coaches. Both players great players and have made the most of their golfing careers so far with what they have had to work with, its just Hunter has had more to work with.

Now about this up coming week, Hunter has a lot of pressure on him to make history by becoming only the 2nd golfer ever to win 3 titles. With that type of pressure I know hunter can handle he has done it the last 2 years in play-offs, and with it being at Old Fort again that helps but nothing is garuanteed in golf. Hunter has just got to do what he has got to do, and not worry about anything else except keep his eye on the prize. It not like this is anything new to him and he knows how to play in high pressure situations. This tournament is a 2 day tournament he dosn't absolutely have to have the lead after the first day. All that matter is to make sure to have the best average score after the second day.

Know what's funny. Hunter has been playing and winning before anyone had even had a clue who Joe David was. The facts don't lie 2 AAA titles>1 A/AA title. If Hunter does the 3 peat and makes state history there is no way anyone could compare Hunter to Joe David. AAA is bigger and means more than a A/AA. Hunter will become the greatest golfer this state has ever seen.

greatest golfer the state has ever seen. I work at southwind and there about 10 pros that come out there everyday that probably could argue this

I don't think the course was set up differently for either of them, so...

64<68.

From what I was told about the course was set up a little different but not much.

Mainly pin placements were different but the tees where in the same place. But still the only thing that matters is Hunter in the lead right now.

Yeah he got lucky that he wasn't in one of those groups but Walker Valley was really unlucky to have 2 players in those groups. Yeah I remember Hunter telling me about that, but he does play better when he has his shirt untucked.

He doesnt tuck his shirt in because he is a redneck and not a golfer.. he will never make it in college golf or any mini tours if he doesnt mature into a golfer.. he may be able to make a good run on the long drive tours but never any GOLF tours because appearance is such a huge part

He doesnt tuck his shirt in because he is a redneck and not a golfer.. he will never make it in college golf or any mini tours if he doesnt mature into a golfer.. he may be able to make a good run on the long drive tours but never any GOLF tours because appearance is such a huge part

Appearance is NOT a hugh part in high school, and hunter can play with his shirt tucked in. He just dosn't want to, if he dosn't have to. He can play and beat other college golfers already and some pros. Long drive tour players make some pretty big cash too and their money is a little bit more guaranteed. I can tell you Hunter is no redneck he is at the opposite in of the spectrum. Well educated, well mannered, well dressed, and his neck isn't red. Come up and talk to him and me sometime tomorrow before or after the round. If you don't believe me. He is one of the nicest guys anyone could meet.