Why is Hickman rank so low

ddaddy

Offense is not going to be the problem for Hickman County come playoff time. Stopping the other team's offense is what's going to cause them problems. I agree with Antwan. HC is ranked a little low in my opinion. I think top 15 anyway. Go through a year or two of 2A football before you compare one of the weakest regions in the classification against the rest of the state Bulldog fans. Alcoa and Goodpasture can compete with alot of teams in the state in any class and there are plenty of 2A teams that can beat 3A teams. That's not much of an indicator.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well all i got to say to this is we deserve a lot better than that. our running back has already rushed for almost 1000 yards and is ranked 2 in state for touchdowns and its not just because he's so good its cause our whole team is good and have a good line and a great coaching staff. They plan every day for our next opponents. They work just as hard as our players do. We want to win and thats exactly what we're going to do. Just above average? watch our film and then run your mouths. We have many players ranked top in state from tackles to punts,running, and interceptions. We have not had a turnover all season. We want to be a championship team and thats how we will play the rest of the season into playoffs and on to state. We play with good sportsmanship and heart. Thats why we WILL be ranked #1 when this season is over..........we want it more.

I have to say you are a moron for thinking Hickman county will ever make it to state. They will choke in the playoffs because they have little to no experiance in this area. And when has hickman county ever had good sportsmanship? And the players are average at best except for number 2 and 6.

I have to say you are a moron for thinking Hickman county will ever make it to state. They will choke in the playoffs because they have little to no experiance in this area. And when has hickman county ever had good sportsmanship? And the players are average at best except for number 2 and 6.

Wait a minute...it wasn't a week ago you people on here were crying about HC playing with 4A athletes...man what a bunch of creampuffs. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" HC has a very good team. I've said it since seeing them in the Jamboree, they will make a deep run if they stay healthy. I haven't seen ANYBODY in west tn. any better IMO. I consider Goodpasture as east tn. I would put them as number four or 5 in 2A. The old "no experience in the playoffs" excuse..... now thats a moronic statement. They can take that experience from their coaching staff i'm sure.

First of all I have seen Hickman and Lewis play Waverly. HIckman didn't put a pitiful Waverly team away until the late 3rd quarter. (14-0 half, 28-8 third). Waverly played toe to toe with Lewis for a while but it was without a doubt the best game that Waverly had played all year and they had some of their injured guys back.

Having said that, I say Lewis is slightly better than Hickman because of a better defense, and they can pass the ball on offense. It will be a good game though. Both teams are deserving of their rankings (and yes dear old dad, HC is playing with 4A players), neither will go too far in the playoffs IMO.

First of all I have seen Hickman and Lewis play Waverly. HIckman didn't put a pitiful Waverly team away until the late 3rd quarter. (14-0 half, 28-8 third). Waverly played toe to toe with Lewis for a while but it was without a doubt the best game that Waverly had played all year and they had some of their injured guys back.

Having said that, I say Lewis is slightly better than Hickman because of a better defense, and they can pass the ball on offense. It will be a good game though. Both teams are deserving of their rankings (and yes dear old dad, HC is playing with 4A players), neither will go too far in the playoffs IMO.

What???? You said the opposite just last week! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I agree with rcombs, just win and the poles mean squat. Until waverly learns to quit making excuses, which seems to be rampant on here, expect mediocrity for awhile.

What???? You said the opposite just last week! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I agree with rcombs, just win and the poles mean squat. Until waverly learns to quit making excuses, which seems to be rampant on here, expect mediocrity for awhile.

I did say Hickman was better then. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that Waverly had played it's best game against Lewis and had more of it's players back. We played basically freshman and sophomores against Hickman. There's no excuses I don't know where you get that. The facts are Waverly has really struggled this year because of injuries. I guarantee that if HC had 13 players injured who were starters and major players, they would not be undefeated and you would be on here talking about injuries. High schools are not like colleges where they can pull someone off the bench and replace them with the same caliber player especially a school the size of Waverly.

I could care less who wins between Hickman and Lewis, neither affect me and neither will win the state championship or even come close. Now, everyone get mad!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hickman County caught Marshall County in week 1 with a new staff still working out some bugs. Line them up again and I will personally gurantee different results.

If Hickman County is as good as some on here think -- Week 11 will tell the story. If you travel don't plan on packing that bag next week and if you stay home in week 11 don't plan on packing a bag for the next week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dream on and get ready for your trip to Marshall County next year, the return trip will be just like the ones you used to take when you were in our region and we sent you home with your tails tucked between your legs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hickman County caught Marshall County in week 1 with a new staff still working out some bugs. Line them up again and I will personally gurantee different results.

If Hickman County is as good as some on here think -- Week 11 will tell the story. If you travel don't plan on packing that bag next week and if you stay home in week 11 don't plan on packing a bag for the next week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dream on and get ready for your trip to Marshall County next year, the return trip will be just like the ones you used to take when you were in our region and we sent you home with your tails tucked between your legs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Excuses....... Excuses...........remember when..........ha. You still mad you got spanked by a good team?? It kills me to see you guys on here after you LOSE making excuses, or wait till next year, or once opon a time. They are having a super year and leave it to disgruntled "haters" to try to take away from that. Lewis County will be another statement by Hickman County , but that is my prediction. .......just my prediction, the only thing I worry about........when the coach gets mad...............will he start shooting?

Excuses....... Excuses...........remember when..........ha. You still mad you got spanked by a good team?? It kills me to see you guys on here after you LOSE making excuses, or wait till next year, or once opon a time. They are having a super year and leave it to disgruntled "haters" to try to take away from that. Lewis County will be another statement by Hickman County , but that is my prediction. .......just my prediction, the only thing I worry about........when the coach gets mad...............will he start shooting?

YES. he will, probably from the shotgun position, what is he going to be mad about,only winning by 21pts, instead of 32pts. you boys get a couple of games under your belts and think state champs. what a reality check your in for... what is the statement lewis is going to make for HC that your easy....lol

Wait a minute...it wasn't a week ago you people on here were crying about HC playing with 4A athletes...man what a bunch of creampuffs. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" HC has a very good team. I've said it since seeing them in the Jamboree, they will make a deep run if they stay healthy. I haven't seen ANYBODY in west tn. any better IMO. I consider Goodpasture as east tn. I would put them as number four or 5 in 2A. The old "no experience in the playoffs" excuse..... now thats a moronic statement. They can take that experience from their coaching staff i'm sure.

4A enrollment numbers DOD, doesn't necessarily relate to 4A talent. How many of your junior and senior class would be playing at East if they had to go where they are zoned to go? The division of the talent has not be equitable. That's not an excuse, just the way it is. That's all that was about.

Westview out of West Tennessee is traditionally strong as is Huntingdon and Milan. I haven't seen any of them play this year. Goodpasture is region 5. That's middle at best, west if it's divided into. CPA and DCA out of that region will also be better than most regions 1 and 2 seeds. Just last year that regions #4 seed lost to #1 Lewis County 8-7. Don't count any of region 5's top 3 seeds out. Smith County usually goes pretty deep and they're 2nd in their region this year. I don't know where Hickman County fits in all of this. Alot depends on which bracket they end up in the playoffs and whether they can outscore that team or not. HC's offense is good. They run the veer as good as anybody I've seen. They're suspect defensively. That's what'll cost them in the playoffs. Lewis County doesn't have any Gold Balls either. It's tougher than HC fans may realize. Goodpasture's playing with 4A talent. CPA's not far behind. Alcoa's a little ahead. Region 6 is one of the weaker regions in 2A this year. That's just how it is.

4A enrollment numbers DOD, doesn't necessarily relate to 4A talent. How many of your junior and senior class would be playing at East if they had to go where they are zoned to go? The division of the talent has not be equitable. That's not an excuse, just the way it is. That's all that was about.

Westview out of West Tennessee is traditionally strong as is Huntingdon and Milan. I haven't seen any of them play this year. Goodpasture is region 5. That's middle at best, west if it's divided into. CPA and DCA out of that region will also be better than most regions 1 and 2 seeds. Just last year that regions #4 seed lost to #1 Lewis County 8-7. Don't count any of region 5's top 3 seeds out. Smith County usually goes pretty deep and they're 2nd in their region this year. I don't know where Hickman County fits in all of this. Alot depends on which bracket they end up in the playoffs and whether they can outscore that team or not. HC's offense is good. They run the veer as good as anybody I've seen. They're suspect defensively. That's what'll cost them in the playoffs. Lewis County doesn't have any Gold Balls either. It's tougher than HC fans may realize. Goodpasture's playing with 4A talent. CPA's not far behind. Alcoa's a little ahead. Region 6 is one of the weaker regions in 2A this year. That's just how it is.

Well put, KSVOLS.... not lewis county"s place to build these other teams just take care of buisness on our field, also we have to play games delt to us out of these region s ...saying all that ...Hickman has not played anyone except for Marshall county and from the sounds of it they were dealing with a new system.. Lewis county is got the same system and we face off in less than two weeks.... don't think for a second we aren't looking forward to a tighter game so we can leave the starters i n the whole entire game.. after that game then as the old saying goes"action speaks louder than words" can be applied