Father Ryan now 7-0

Ole Dad

As as Oak Ridge fan, I am pulling for Father Ryan to win it all. And as a CAK fan, I am glad they beat Webb. But my take on it is (imho) that MBA and BA are at a different level. I am also afraid that Ensworth is too much for Father Ryan. But I hope not! Wish I could be at that game. I predict Father Ryan over Ensworth in a very close game but MBA and BA will turn out to be too much for them this year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will need it all as Ensworth has provide effective against a one deminsional team (exception MBA). This is interesting, out of all the games MBA has played & won, Ensworth held them to the fewest points (with starters in the entire game). Ensworth lost (and that's the bottom line), but they did prove they could hold a "power offense" from running up the score.

MBA vs. Ensworth W 14-0

MBA at Ravenwood W 31-28

MBA at Pope John Paul II W 56-14

MBA vs. Hillsboro W 17-12

MBA vs. Baylor W 24-0

MBA at Independence W 21-0

Rattail, your post is misleading...I attended the MBA/Ensworth game. First, MBA's starting left tackle, UT commit Preston Bailey, did not play. MBA's starting center, Owen Lipscomb, entered the game with an injury and left in the 2nd qtr. when he reaggrevated that injury. MBA's starting tailback, Christian Waddey, left the game early in the 2nd qtr. with a knee injury, and MBA's starting QB left the game in the 2nd qtr. with a leg injury. None of these players returned. MBA could have run up the score late in the game but chose to keep the ball on the ground and run the clock. However, ANY team that loses its starting TB, QB and center is going to lose some offensive production. Ensworth has a decent team but if it had played MBA's schedule the big E would probably be a .500 club at this point.

as your mba brother i have to disagree with you. Anything can happen in a game and that's what determines it. Ensworth played well, but we came out on top. Stop tyring to make excuses to make ourselves look better, we beat EHS and that's the bottom line. I think EHS will beat Ryan though. It should be a very very good game, but for me BA MBA is #1 priority now. TONIGHT!

You may have an unbiased opinion, but you also are a lousey predictor of football outcomes. You may try soccer. Go Ryan!

Ole Dad

I have seen BA, MBA, Ensworth, and Father Ryan play and I think Father Ryan will do no better than 8-2, but most likely 7-3, and I have an unbiased opinion as I have no ties to any of these schools. Father Ryan is a good team but I just don't think they can hang with their 3 remaining opponents.

It's a shame that many high school athletes with a chance to go D1 don't figure out until it's too late that most schools worth a poop are looking for athletes that can actually read and write and represent their schools appropriately and not "Gangsters". Those days are gone. Coaches at recruiting visits pay attention to how kids behave, speak and act more now than ever. Most schools in D1 are tired of the poor image that marginal players have given them over recent years and are apparently passing kids up these days to get well rounded quality kids.

Ole Dad

Well Ole Dad i have one of those player's AND he can play too.. Thats the way it should be.. If they can't get the grades and there thugs.. BLOW OUT.. ALL OF THEM.. DO IT RIGHT.. Earn your right to play the game.. PERIOD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well Ole Dad i have one of those player's AND he can play too.. Thats the way it should be.. If they can't get the grades and there thugs.. BLOW OUT.. ALL OF THEM.. DO IT RIGHT.. Earn your right to play the game.. PERIOD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

while,I usaully think,you are a pain in the rear,I do agree w/ you and ole dad 100%!!! I'm sick and tired of this thug,ghetto bull..attitude and lifestyle,it's great when good wholesome,smart kids start representing our schools now and at the next level!