Father Ryan now 7-0

Ole Dad

I guess all the teams down your way use that same scheduling philosophy. The best I can tell MBA opponents have a combined record of 17-25-1. Looks about like Ryan to me. Are they scheduling CUPCAKES as you imply Ryan is doing?

The teams outside of DII that MBA scheduled - before a game was even played in 2007 - were a 2006 5A bowl team, a 5A second round playoff team, a 5A state finalist, and a 4A state finalist. By comparison, Ryan scheduled a 5A bowl team, an 0-10 5A team, and a 2A quarterfinalist.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is relevant in what way? Last years teams played "last year" and have no bearing on what teams do this year. Heck, OR was 5-5 last year and missed the playoffs totally. They may win 5A this year. The bottom line is that the opponents from MBA and Ryan have basically the same record and therefore "this year" the strength of schedules are similar.

Ole Dad

The teams outside of DII that MBA scheduled - before a game was even played in 2007 - were a 2006 5A bowl team, a 5A second round playoff team, a 5A state finalist, and a 4A state finalist. By comparison, Ryan scheduled a 5A bowl team, an 0-10 5A team, and a 2A quarterfinalist.

And that is relevant in what way? Last years teams played "last year" and have no bearing on what teams do this year. Heck, OR was 5-5 last year and missed the playoffs totally. They may win 5A this year. The bottom line is that the opponents from MBA and Ryan have basically the same record and therefore "this year" the strength of schedules are similar.

Ole Dad

You made the original comment about "scheduling philosophy". Of course, what a team does in one season is independent (to an extent) of how it performed in the prior season, but regardless of how MBA's and Ryan's opponents are performing this year, it's hard to imply MBA's "philosophy" of scheduling in the offseason was less ambitious than (or equally ambitious as) Ryan's.

Get a life....all teams schedule whomever they can get to fill open dates and home and home dates. And if you have never been exposed to it you just don't know how hard it can be to get all of the "ducks" in a row. MBA has a good program just let it go at that. I'll through typing now so that's all I've got to say about that. Minnie and Gomer forgive me.

My comment was in response to an ignorant implication from 2cents that somehow Ryan had scheduled a weak schedule to improve it's won/lose record. I then made my point by comparing to another known power in Tennessee football. It wasn't a dig on MBA but an eye opening revelation for 2cents. Of course, I, like you, can't wait for the head to head game between Ryan and MBA. Ryan may now actually be able to compete with the other powers in DII since the Lussier revival. Amen Brother.

Ole Dad

You made the original comment about "scheduling philosophy". Of course, what a team does in one season is independent (to an extent) of how it performed in the prior season, but regardless of how MBA's and Ryan's opponents are performing this year, it's hard to imply MBA's "philosophy" of scheduling in the offseason was less ambitious than (or equally ambitious as) Ryan's.

From what I saw last night Father Ryan has a decent shot of beating both MBA and Ensworth. Ensworth/Ricky Bowers, kept a team whose talent doesnt even come close to that of MBA's in the game, the whole game. MBA didnt have that killer instinct to finish Ensworth off (just like they could not finish Ravenwood off). MBA's big test will come in the form of Chris Jordan and Brentwood Academy next week.

Also I would like to send out two congrat's. First, congrats to the Irish for thei win against Knox Webb and their 7-0 record. Secondly Congrats to Brad Gioa, MBA's headmaster for creating a new monster in the form of Ensworth coached by Ricky Bowers. Give them three to four years and they are going to be the team to beat.

From what I saw last night Father Ryan has a decent shot of beating both MBA and Ensworth. Ensworth/Ricky Bowers, kept a team whose talent doesnt even come close to that of MBA's in the game, the whole game. MBA didnt have that killer instinct to finish Ensworth off (just like they could not finish Ravenwood off). MBA's big test will come in the form of Chris Jordan and Brentwood Academy next week.

Also I would like to send out two congrat's. First, congrats to the Irish for thei win against Knox Webb and their 7-0 record. Secondly Congrats to Brad Gioa, MBA's headmaster for creating a new monster in the form of Ensworth coached by Ricky Bowers. Give them three to four years and they are going to be the team to beat.

don't know what game you watched father ryan didn't look impressive at all. webb was down by 3 late in the fourth and were running the ball down ryan's throat until they fumbled. Webb's o-line was so much smaller than ryan's it looked like some of them should be in the secondary and father ryan also had trouble moving the ball against the same small defensive line. the next 3 games will be very long for the irish if they play like they did against Webb. not tryin to bash ryan but thats just the truth of it.

My comment was in response to an ignorant implication from 2cents that somehow Ryan had scheduled a weak schedule to improve it's won/lose record. I then made my point by comparing to another known power in Tennessee football. It wasn't a dig on MBA but an eye opening revelation for 2cents. Of course, I, like you, can't wait for the head to head game between Ryan and MBA. Ryan may now actually be able to compete with the other powers in DII since the Lussier revival. Amen Brother.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Don't worry about rollredroll and his comments. He could never say anything bad about MBA because he is in the hip pocket of the G-Man. MBA can do no wrong. Just ask Coach R who is coaching in the NFL.

As was stated on an earlier post, we can all thank the G-Man for creating this monster at Ensworth. Had the G-Man not been at MBA, I doubt Ricky would be at Ensworth. It is a great situation for him to see his children through high school, however, there was friction between the G-Man and the last 2 football coaches.

don't know what game you watched father ryan didn't look impressive at all. webb was down by 3 late in the fourth and were running the ball down ryan's throat until they fumbled. Webb's o-line was so much smaller than ryan's it looked like some of them should be in the secondary and father ryan also had trouble moving the ball against the same small defensive line. the next 3 games will be very long for the irish if they play like they did against Webb. not tryin to bash ryan but thats just the truth of it.

Wasn't Father Ryan's best game but they also had to travel 3 hours on a bus. When they play Ensworth, MBA, and BA, they will only be on the bus for a very short amount of time. Traveling hurts every team. Father Ryan has a very good shot at beating them all three teams, if they play like they are capable of.

A few injuries for MBA and heard Chris Jordan from BA got hurt?? Anyone heard anything about that?

you could not have watched the ryan game because if you did you would have seen that webb scored on a trick hook and ladder and a deep bomb over ryans sophmore corner who bit on the curl. Ryans defense is probably of the best in the state. #20 for webb was hurting all night, and how did ryan have trouble moving the ball josh hayes had over 200 yards and he is not even the starting running back. Ryans O line will push the next 3 defenses around