Portland@Clarksville

Golfendude

Being a Portland fan this is hard to say but Clarksville will walk away with this one. Portland has some talent...but talent needs a good leader and that's something Portland doesnt have. (and i not talking about from the players) When this problem is fixed Portland will start winning more games. And i think this problem will be fixed very soon...

Yeah, Yeah...Blame it on the coach. I guess you are an adult, who has a kid on the sidelines that is just not good enough to play...... Maybe the problem is the attitude of the people of Portland. Why not stand behind the leaders instead of booting them out of town. I have seen over 100 P-town games over the past 12 years or so and to be honest with you - the talent has just not been there like it was in the glory days. Coach Perry saw it coming, and you poor mouth fans made it easy for him to move on. Just a bunch of spoiled fans - not used to losing and having tough times. Maybe Coach Bever needs some love, not a bunch of people flapping their jaws about what he should do, and how he could do it better. I wish you fans could coach a team for a few weeks and put in the countless hours, sacrifice your families to prepare for the game each Friday. I have seen a couple of games this year and it is NOT the coaches fault that the kids can not hang onto the ball. Maybe the players need to step up and take some responsibility in this losing streak too.

I dont see it getting better this Friday as far as a W for P-town, but maybe the town will shut up and get off of the coaches back for once. Be glad you do have a coach that cares and cares for his boys.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Yeah...Blame it on the coach. I guess you are an adult, who has a kid on the sidelines that is just not good enough to play...... Maybe the problem is the attitude of the people of Portland. Why not stand behind the leaders instead of booting them out of town. I have seen over 100 P-town games over the past 12 years or so and to be honest with you - the talent has just not been there like it was in the glory days. Coach Perry saw it coming, and you poor mouth fans made it easy for him to move on. Just a bunch of spoiled fans - not used to losing and having tough times. Maybe Coach Bever needs some love, not a bunch of people flapping their jaws about what he should do, and how he could do it better. I wish you fans could coach a team for a few weeks and put in the countless hours, sacrifice your families to prepare for the game each Friday. I have seen a couple of games this year and it is NOT the coaches fault that the kids can not hang onto the ball. Maybe the players need to step up and take some responsibility in this losing streak too.

I dont see it getting better this Friday as far as a W for P-town, but maybe the town will shut up and get off of the coaches back for once. Be glad you do have a coach that cares and cares for his boys.

Boy, you harsh. What you just said was Arctic cold! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I don't find PPFan's post COLD at all.. It's his right to post his opinion based on his comments of 12 years as fan and watching this team. Bottom line if your not a good enough player that works to get better at this game. Then how to expect to win,in football you have to earn you way on to the field as starter. And fans should know that, weather the kid sits on the sideline or in the game. Support your team win or lose the kids are watching you fans too. You can come back Portland if you work at it and don't run you program down.

Kenwood vs. Clarksville High

Rematch from last year..

Tight games the past 3 years.

I want to watch this game like a college game on Saturday, or a pro game on Sunday....

however, the records will be the same again.

do these knights wear the shining armer.

or do the Kats prowell to the number 2 spot.

I think I can guess this one already.

how about you?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

it is going to be 1 amazing finish for the Cats you region 6 high school football fans are going to find out how coach snider reeled you in for the 1 2 punch. and i think the region will understand this better after the kenwood game. its going to be talked about for years. only thing they need to do is to stay healthy for the next 2 after this.

What kind of records did these same kids that are currently starting have in middle school as far as wins and losses? I am just curious....

I believe the Burro's are better this season and that is all I can evaluate. We have played a tougher schedule to better prepare us for the playoffs.

Where is your thread at for the Lawrence Co. Wildcats. I take it there is no need for one lol. Maybe is just my eyes so bright in here have my shades on.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What kind of records did these same kids that are currently starting have in middle school as far as wins and losses? I am just curious....

Where is your thread at for the Lawrence Co. Wildcats. I take it there is no need for one lol. Maybe is just my eyes so bright in here have my shades on.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I haven't seen 1 either. I don't like to start those but will get right on it.

That's Great News.. All of us love our teams and it's hard when times are bad like this for Coaches, Teams, and fans. I have Know doubt that the BIG TRAIN WILL ROLL AGAIN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Had to come back edit this after reading PPFan's post. Sounds like you folks need to get your kids in the gym pumping some iron instead of beating down the Coaching staff. YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR WAY ON THE FIELD.. Sounds like you guys need pull together instead of bashing each other. One thing this Fri. We won't try and run it up on you. That's not our style. Until these next few and then look out. Good Luck to you Panthers. Start working for next year.

Portland will have to overcome the knuckleheads in the town that thinks they know everything about football more than the coach. These 'knuckleheads' run their mouths in front of their sons, who are playing for Portland, about what is best for Portland to do. This causes major rifts between the players and the coach. Trust your coach in this transition period of playing in 4A. There are talented players in Portland that needs to play inspired football!! The train can't roll while half of the wheels are in the mud. Good Luck to Portland on turning it around. Panther Fan.