White House @ Pearl Cohn

BenStiller23

WHHS-34 Pearl Cohn-20 I told yall we're young, and were improving a whole bunch every week! You'll see. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No Benny. As Lee Corso would say "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND". What you told everyone was that "WHITE HOUSE WILL DESTROY EVERYONE" over the course of the next three years. Since Pearl Cohn is the team that won Region 4-3A and eliminated White House from the postseason last November that obviously meant that you were including them on that list. The Paynes, Gaines, Allen, Barrett, Neal, Parker, and many more were on the field for White House on that cold November night last year in the second round of the playoffs. Being "young" was the excuse that everyone used for White House following that loss in Nashville to the senior heavy Firebirds. IMO the youth cry is no longer an option so you are going to have to sell that one to someone else following the confident thread that you started back in the spring.

Now don't get me wrong. I love confidence. I believe that any team out there must posess a lot of it in order to succeed. White House played with plenty of it last week over at Sycamore. They played with plenty of it against Macon Co. as well. Pearl Cohn plays with confidence. Sometimes I believe that they play with TOO MUCH of it. DeKalb Co. playing them close this past week may have been an excellent example of this as PC might have overlooked the Tigers just a bit. I am sure folks wouldn't tell you that but I will be the first to imply it. I believe White House played with too much of it in the Portland game against the fired up Panthers to open the season. That's why that game was so closely contested.

I took the Firebirds to win this region back in the spring. I picked them because of the fact that they returned Mason, Griffin, Harris (aka Sweatt), Knight, & at the time Gregory. Most everyone else picked against them not because of what they returned but because of what they did not return. Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, Jeremy Gordon, and all of their offensive and defensive linemen graduated from last year's bunch. ANYONE FROM PEOPLE ON HERE TO THE COACHES FROM AROUND THIS REGION THAT DIDN'T TAKE THAT FACT INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THEY MADE THEIR PRESEASON PICKS FOR THE REGION WOULD JUST HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED RETARDED OR BLIND!!!! Pearl Cohn has had a couple of seniors step up this year and play well. The Firebirds 6-1 record is proof that this is in fact true. What I can't wait to see in this one is whether those guys who've stepped their play up can do it against "high level competition" because the Firebirds schedule thus far (AS WELL AS THEIR LAST TWO PERFORMANCES) have left some to be desired when it comes to getting an accurate read on them. That question will definately be closer to being answered in five days.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure that the odds are that PC will take this one... and the odds are probably pretty high, you simply can't count a team like WH out of this one. The coaching staff is one of the best and the team is sound. Crazy things happen and the ball takes funny bounces. I saw the same thing in a game a couple of years ago when Greenbrier visited PC for the first time. GB took the opening drive and scored and won 6 or 7 to 0. PC had several chances throughout the rest of the game but never could make it happen. White House has already defeated them before in a similar type game.

If the Blue Devils still have the type team that they traditionally do, I wouldn't count them out for a second.

While I'm sure that the odds are that PC will take this one... and the odds are probably pretty high, you simply can't count a team like WH out of this one. The coaching staff is one of the best and the team is sound. Crazy things happen and the ball takes funny bounces. I saw the same thing in a game a couple of years ago when Greenbrier visited PC for the first time. GB took the opening drive and scored and won 6 or 7 to 0. PC had several chances throughout the rest of the game but never could make it happen. White House has already defeated them before in a similar type game.

If the Blue Devils still have the type team that they traditionally do, I wouldn't count them out for a second.

The all-time series history between these two is very brief.

2003: Pearl Cohn beat White House 20-10

2004: White House beat Pearl Cohn 39-7

2005: Pearl Cohn beat White House 14-7

2006: White House beat Pearl Cohn 35-28 (Overtime)

2006: Pearl Cohn beat White House 29-9 (Playoffs)

The road team won the games in 2003 & 2004. Since then the home team has held serve in every single matchup between these two powerhouses.

glad to see someone else with some sense.I like going in to a game as an underdog.were hitting

on all cylinders,gonna be a close battle cant wait to see it in person.

glad to see someone else with some sense.I like going in to a game as an underdog.were hitting

on all cylinders,gonna be a close battle cant wait to see it in person.

I don't care what you say PEARL COHN IS THE UNDERDOG IN THIS CONTEST!!!! The preseason predictions all had White House at #1 and Pearl Cohn at #2. That alone proves that everyone from the coaches to the media predicted for the Blue Devils to dethrone the Firebirds back during the preseason. Gregory, who rushed for nearly 1,500 yards last year, is no longer a member of the Firebirds football team. THAT MAKES THEM EVEN MORE OF AN UNDERDOG AGAINST A WHITE HOUSE TEAM THAT IS GETTING HEALTHY!!!!!

Just because 90% of the CoachT Nation is picking PC to win doesn't mean that they are the "favorite" to come away with the win in this one. "WHITE HOUSE WILL DESTROY EVERYONE" for the next three years. Pearl Cohn is just a bump in the road right?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I wasn't using young as an excuse, i was saying that we are so young that we r getting better on a weekly basis faster and more rapidly then the other teams in the region. Let's see here, 2 sophomore QB's, 1 junior and 1 sophomore at RB, 2 jr. F.B.'s, 4 jr. recievers, 2 junior T.E's, 3 junior L.B.'s, the entire secondary is underclassmen. I would say that's pretty young though. Like I said this game is gonna be a war, and we scheduled Alcoa for one reason, to get ready 4 the speed at Pearl Cohn, we've already seen it and then some so there will be no suprises. And no big country all the players you listed did not play last year @ Pearl Cohn. Check the boxscore, I know Parker didn't play and all them others were sophomores and freshmen, for all of you who r counting WHHS out of this one you r wrong, it's war time @28th AVe. BLUE DEVILS -34 FIREBIRDS-20 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just left the building of Pearl-Cohn the atomsphere is electric and its not even friday. Now even though Pearl-Cohn is pick to when by coacht standards. The firebirds feel as if this is a battle for respect. The even when they beat station camp AT station camp for the region and semifinals last year. and now 6-1 they feel respect is needed but will earn it on homecoming nite against WH. Firebirds are expected to practice in full gear today. This will not be a 34 to 20 type of game. This will be won by the defense. The back to back state title histortic scorebord will read a low scoring type of game.

THE FIREBIRD BAND WILL PLAY THEIR PART IN THE GAME. In da last two games when the opponet is on offense the band tries to play just right before the snap. trying to cause false starts. It has had success. I Think u will also see a big turnout on da pearl-cohn side

"WHITE HOUSE WILL DESTROY (Pearl Cohn)" this week. The Firebirds better tell the schedule maker to change this week from "Homecoming" to "HomeSTAYING" because it's obvious that PC better just stay at home. I was drugged when making my original prediction OBVIOUSLY right????? I may just give in and pick White House to win by a ton.

Parker did play Ben Stiller. I have a picture of him playing at PC last year in the playoffs. It's in one of the editions of On The Ball that I have sitting right here beside me. Allen played as well in that game and performed well when West went out in the second half. He rushed for 100 yards in that game. Both of the Paynes played. They were #1 & #2 who kept getting abused by #5 & #17 last year in that game. Oh well it doesn't matter because Pearl Cohn doesn't have either one of those guys this year. Barrett, Wiss, Gaines, & Neal all played in that game for White House as well.

Do you know who Pearl Cohn has back that actually played in that game last year???? #15 Mason, #3 Griffin, #56 Osborne (no longer at the same position though), #2 Harris, & #23 Knight. THAT IS IT MY FRIEND!!!! No PC receivers from this year played in that game. No linemen on either side of the football played in that game. Three of the four defensive backs that will play this week did not play in that game. Neither of the running backs played in that game. The list goes on, and on, and on, and on........................

You are saying "that's pretty young" when describing White House. Pearl Cohn has a total of 5 PLAYERS on the entire team that will be in a "BIG GAME ATMOSPHERE" in Region 4-3A and actually can say that they have the experience of playing in it.

Johnson, Cox, Venoy, McLaurin, Beard, Roberts, and all of those offensive and defensive linemen are very inexperienced players when it comes to playing on "THE BIG STAGE" against a team like White House. They've done well thus far against Macon, DeKalb, & Sycamore. They've even done well against three down programs in Whites Creek, Stratford, & Memphis East. NOBODY CAN REALLY ANSWER HOW THEY'LL DO THIS WEEK AGAINST A PERENNIAL POWERHOUSE ON THE "BIG STAGE".

That is something that PC never questioned last year when they had Mason, Gupton, Gordon, Gregory, Paye, & ALL of those offensive and defensive linemen that had played for two years. YOU JUST CAN'T PRETEND TO REPLACE TALENT LIKE THAT!!!!

I look forward to seeing how well WH has progressed since Alcoa.This will be the strongest and fastest team we have played since week two and should show how these young men matured.It is surely going to have a huge impact on the region standings and home field for week one.I always look forward to the fish sandwiches at Pearl.To correct a previous poster[not to bash,I'm not here for that] Parker did not play in the Pearl game in the playoffs, he was in street clothes on the sideline.I dont think it would have mattered in the outcome by any means.But just thought I would clarify that.