Johnson County vs. TN. High

jeep1367

With Unicoi's offense crawling if not outright stalling, you can't half blame him can you, mtnmaroon? This will be a great game. I was very impressed with JC's total athleticism, but I don't know if they have enough bodies to slug it out with THigh for four quarters. For that reason- I have to give THigh the 10 point edge.

I think we have a misunderstanding. Everyone around me wanted him to kick it because it is almost a sure thing from that distance. My point was for whatever reason we decided not to and left them in the game no matter how sluggish their offense was. I do not blame the player at all and never would an individual player. I meant I thought it was a bad decision from the sidelines.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I here ya Bro..I,m sure i had that scooby doo look on my face when they told me that too.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And Thats what I was making refrence too(Wilson) when I said leave the best on the field, he is the best technique reciever we have imo. He needs more looks for sure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I couldn??™t agree more. I know Turnble has been mister reliable for us to this point, (his number being called in the huddle probably as a little to do with that, and vise versa) but give Wilson some of his touches unless he proves he can??™t make the plays. The go route to Turnble will be money every time with Wilson. That??™s not a knock on Thomas but he??™s a tight end all day long. Young has made some great catches in past games but in the same breath has dropped some cacheable balls that would have been difficult, but definitely cacheable. The three of them would make formidable foes for any secondary??¦not to mention the strides you would make toward turning the Vikings offensive woes around for next year regardless of which QB is in the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think we have a misunderstanding. Everyone around me wanted him to kick it because it is almost a sure thing from that distance. My point was for whatever reason we decided not to and left them in the game no matter how sluggish their offense was. I do not blame the player at all and never would an individual player. I meant I thought it was a bad decision from the sidelines.

One more followup after I read your post again. I think I read yours wrong. I do think it was a bad call because although the odds were slim in UC scoring twice, alot more crazy things have happened (IE:UC almost beating Hampton). This win was big in securing a playoff spot and I cant agree with not going up by three scores. It worked out so that is fine but if UC drives down and scores and then gets a little luck for a second score it could have been major trouble. I say safety to protect making the playoffs.

I couldn??™t agree more. I know Turnble has been mister reliable for us to this point, (his number being called in the huddle probably as a little to do with that, and vise versa) but give Wilson some of his touches unless he proves he can??™t make the plays. The go route to Turnble will be money every time with Wilson. That??™s not a knock on Thomas but he??™s a tight end all day long. Young has made some great catches in past games but in the same breath has dropped some cacheable balls that would have been difficult, but definitely cacheable. The three of them would make formidable foes for any secondary??¦not to mention the strides you would make toward turning the Vikings offensive woes around for next year regardless of which QB is in the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On the money /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How does JC stack up defensively?

That is a tough one to answer. In the Hampton game I believe we had some of the wrong people on the field and were in the wrong set. The ran it right up the gut at us. Against South, all I can say is Phillips. He broke two huge runs that made that one look terrible. If you remove those two games our defense has looked strong but I realize you cant do that. We have gotten better and I believe we have a very good secondary. More so than ever, stopping the run is the key against you guys. We match up good on the speed side but are small up front. I find this to be a very interesting game because of the Vikes game last week and the Horns desire to get over the hump. I know last week was disappointing for TH but I am sure that until JC gets past you guys it is always huge. I see a very low scoring game that will be won on the line.

This one's for Cap, Vikes by 17! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As long as they (THS) don't get caught up in just running the ball, but if the Vikes let the Horns keep it close WATCH OUT Johnson Co. has got some kind of kicker. JC will kick the chip shots, ( and for this kid that could be anything inside the 30) unlike the Toppers!

Anybody from Johnson Co. have a clue what offers your kicker might have as of yet?

Good Luck to the Vikes and the Horns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

not sure what offers he has had but he's just a junior and an outstanding athlete...all i know is that he goes to LSU kicking camp every summer and should just keep getting better so im sure he will go on to kick at the next level somewhere...as for the game friday night JC 21 TH 14

Bristol 14 Mountain City- 03

As we all know anything can happen in high school football on a given night. North giving TH a game, South running away from us, etc. I dont think either of those two would happen except maybe one out of ten times but fact is they do when you are dealing with young men or Michigan for that matter (GO APP STATE). As stated earlier, I think both teams will be prepared to play Friday for obvious reasons. I see all the skill positions as well as the defensive backs for the most part even. The line on both sides and the linebackers that tackle best will be the key in my opinion. Just to have some fun here is my prediction since it has been talked about in this thread. With :05 on the clock and the game tied at 14-14 JC's kicker hits a 52 yard field goal to win it 17-14. I do like that score but a little added drama never hurts right???? By the way does anyone know what the record long field goal is in the Mtn. Lakes???