Johnson County vs. TN. High

jeep1367

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't under estimate JC there defence is small but they are fast I've watched them twice and they could go 5 quarters, they are well conditioned. I don't know if they will win but it will be a fight. If it comes down to field goals you have to go with JC there kicker as not missed this year and can easily make a 50 yarder.

"If I was fan coming to watch a game, I'd want my money back." Tennessee High coach Greg Stubbs said. "We played with no emotion. We played with no speed. We were slow out there. If our defense hadn't played well in spurts, this outcome could have been different."

Are you serious!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

We all know Stubbs can bring the best out of a defense and has spawned many great running backs...BUT DO WE HAVE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS HOW TO RUN AN OFFENSE...ANYBODY!!! We are never going to be able to win the "big games" unless we get a well rounded offensive scheme that works. At this point I would just settle for one that works!! In a game like last night execution should be enough for a decisive win. We were a much better team than North...we just have the sorriest offensive scheme and play calling in the conference. STOP BLAMING THE PLAYERS FOR THE COACHES SHORTCOMINGS!!! We should be as strong on one side of the ball as we are the other. We've been relying on the defense to keep us in games for the last three years. If we get behind more than a touchdown WE ARE THROUGH!!! This offense seems to be designed to run out the clock not to put points on the board (at least the way our O coordinator runs it, it is). We have many good players (MANY of them line up to play RB because thats the only glamour position if you're a Viking) so Baker is not the only option to make a play on this team. Play some of these athelets at receiver and for god sake THROW THE BALL!!! Stubbs HAS proven one old saying to be very true..."defense does win games"!!!

One other note: Taylor will be back this week and I expect to see the two QB thing again. Is it me or does Mason not look like he makes his receiver reads? If his first option isn't wide open it's a busted play for us. Several times their were receivers BY THEM SELVES and many times behind the defenders, and he never saw them. Of course that's a mute point if the play-calling doesn't change. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

About this weeks game...If our defense can hold JC to 14 points or less we will win.

J.C. has a shot in this one. Cap, I see why you ain't calling my bet about the big game now. You all don't stand a chance. We'll beat you by at least 3 td's. The toughest game left on our schedule is this week against Ralphie and his boys.

A little To early to be chummin the water's for that game /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

"If I was fan coming to watch a game, I'd want my money back." Tennessee High coach Greg Stubbs said. "We played with no emotion. We played with no speed. We were slow out there. If our defense hadn't played well in spurts, this outcome could have been different."

Are you serious!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

We all know Stubbs can bring the best out of a defense and has spawned many great running backs...BUT DO WE HAVE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS HOW TO RUN AN OFFENSE...ANYBODY!!! We are never going to be able to win the "big games" unless we get a well rounded offensive scheme that works. At this point I would just settle for one that works!! In a game like last night execution should be enough for a decisive win. We were a much better team than North...we just have the sorriest offensive scheme and play calling in the conference. STOP BLAMING THE PLAYERS FOR THE COACHES SHORTCOMINGS!!! We should be as strong on one side of the ball as we are the other. We've been relying on the defense to keep us in games for the last three years. If we get behind more than a touchdown WE ARE THROUGH!!! This offense seems to be designed to run out the clock not to put points on the board (at least the way our O coordinator runs it, it is). We have many good players (MANY of them line up to play RB because thats the only glamour position if you're a Viking) so Baker is not the only option to make a play on this team. Play some of these athelets at receiver and for god sake THROW THE BALL!!! Stubbs HAS proven one old saying to be very true..."defense does win games"!!!

One other note: Taylor will be back this week and I expect to see the two QB thing again. Is it me or does Mason not look like he makes his receiver reads? If his first option isn't wide open it's a busted play for us. Several times their were receivers BY THEM SELVES and many times behind the defenders, and he never saw them. Of course that's a mute point if the play-calling doesn't change. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

About this weeks game...If our defense can hold JC to 14 points or less we will win.

I,m with Stubbs on this one: no emotion ,no hitting, no tackling, no blocking, and just enough effort to get by on. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> But cap I see were your coming from, we could have thrown at will all night, but as stubborn as he is(stubbs) he was going to run or die.

As for Canty its hard to make reads when your recievers are predetermend by the pass play called(i don,t think he has that option) hard to believe I know. But I was at practice on day and i ask that very question the answer I got was what i just descibed. thats just prehistoric football if you ask me.

And anouther thing that drives me nuts is this subbing 2 or 3 receivers every single play I understand someone bringing in a play ,but put your best on the field and LET'EM PLAY!

And Cap i,m with you get someone in here to put in a MODERN passing game enough of this middle school passing attack. There is way to much talent at wr now for this kid stuff. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />