Centennial @ Ravenwood

RHSRaptor08

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thats a different story. We have some good speed, but were undersized. As a result, we've been run over by power rushing teams like Indy, Siegel, and Dickson.

I have refrained from getting on this site because of the negativity of it's content, but I have had my fill. From what I've heard, DC was not any bigger than CHS and yet they had their way. And, by the way, I heard it from the players. You guys who never played have no understanding of the game. Yet, you pretend to have this vast knowledge which everyone must take as gospel. undersized? When we beat Antioch (first rd) our rt. tackle weighed 170! Our center was 5' 9". I only state this because we did not make excuses. The first yr. we made the playoffs our best lineman was 6'0, 190. Our center that yr. was 5'10, 160. There are a lot of good guys out there now busting their butts to win for CHS. There have been alot of good coaches out there working hard to make things better. I am proud to say I played for them. State your credentials '07, or how about you wysiwyg. If you aint been there, shut up! You could not draw up or explain the triple option if your life depended on it. I bet DC could! Do not pretend to know what you are talking about, because those of us who have been there DO know. Please be a fan, not an anylist. You guys say you have talked to the coaches, looked at film, etc. The coaches I played for would never have ever talked to anyone outside our "family". I hope the coaches there now have the same integrety. Go Cougars!

I have refrained from getting on this site because of the negativity of it's content, but I have had my fill. From what I've heard, DC was not any bigger than CHS and yet they had their way. And, by the way, I heard it from the players. You guys who never played have no understanding of the game. Yet, you pretend to have this vast knowledge which everyone must take as gospel. undersized? When we beat Antioch (first rd) our rt. tackle weighed 170! Our center was 5' 9". I only state this because we did not make excuses. The first yr. we made the playoffs our best lineman was 6'0, 190. Our center that yr. was 5'10, 160. There are a lot of good guys out there now busting their butts to win for CHS. There have been alot of good coaches out there working hard to make things better. I am proud to say I played for them. State your credentials '07, or how about you wysiwyg. If you aint been there, shut up! You could not draw up or explain the triple option if your life depended on it. I bet DC could! Do not pretend to know what you are talking about, because those of us who have been there DO know. Please be a fan, not an anylist. You guys say you have talked to the coaches, looked at film, etc. The coaches I played for would never have ever talked to anyone outside our "family". I hope the coaches there now have the same integrety. Go Cougars!

Yay Cougars! We're the best team in the state! And we're gonna win every game 50-0 and take the title! Yay Spirit!!!!!

Ok, there was my fan first part. Now back to being an analyst. I'll start by saying that I'm always a fan first however. I went to every game home and away my high school career, was a flag-runner last year, and was one of the few fans that actually showed up to support my team. And I still try to show up to the games every chance I get. So don't ever question my status as a fan. That being said, I'm gonna tell it like it is, good or bad. That, my friend, is sports writing, and that's what I'm gonna do while I'm on this site.

I dont know what roster you were looking at, but DC's line grealy outweighed the Centennial line. Referring back to some of those earlier seasons, yeah some of our linemen were a little undersized. But we also had Smithson, Dumke, Beef, Austin, Marange, guys that were 250-270 pounds.

And you just joined this site, how how would you know if I played or not and how would you know that I've talked to coaches and looked at film (which I never did)? I'm not going to go too deep into this, because I actually want to talk about football rather than call out people I dont even know. And unless you know me, don't say I don't know anything about football, because I do. So whoever you are (and for some reason I think I know), unless you're gonna talk about Centennial vs. Ravenwood, I suggest you no longer post on this topic.

Yay Cougars! We're the best team in the state! And we're gonna win every game 50-0 and take the title! Yay Spirit!!!!!

Ok, there was my fan first part. Now back to being an analyst. I'll start by saying that I'm always a fan first however. I went to every game home and away my high school career, was a flag-runner last year, and was one of the few fans that actually showed up to support my team. And I still try to show up to the games every chance I get. So don't ever question my status as a fan. That being said, I'm gonna tell it like it is, good or bad. That, my friend, is sports writing, and that's what I'm gonna do while I'm on this site.

I dont know what roster you were looking at, but DC's line grealy outweighed the Centennial line. Referring back to some of those earlier seasons, yeah some of our linemen were a little undersized. But we also had Smithson, Dumke, Beef, Austin, Marange, guys that were 250-270 pounds.

And you just joined this site, how how would you know if I played or not and how would you know that I've talked to coaches and looked at film (which I never did)? I'm not going to go too deep into this, because I actually want to talk about football rather than call out people I dont even know. And unless you know me, don't say I don't know anything about football, because I do. So whoever you are (and for some reason I think I know), unless you're gonna talk about Centennial vs. Ravenwood, I suggest you no longer post on this topic.

You don't have a clue who I am! Who I am is not important, but what I said is! I wasn't questioning your "fanhood" just your analytical knowledge of a game you never played in high school. I guess since I haven't been a member of coach T since 2006 my opinion is of no value - wrong! I have as much right to join and say what I think as you do! Of the players I have talked to, they are not making excuses for the loss to DC. Why do you think you need to do that? They accepted the fact that they lost and have moved on. What I do want to say is that I PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and am a fan of my alma mater! Therefore, I truly understand the game from a player's viewpoint. They don't need your excuses - they don't need your negativity of the past - you see I may not have posted on here before but I've read plenty! Being a "flag runner"???? makes you a fan not a player who busts their butts daily to get better only to have people like you making excuses for them. As for the "watching film" comment I believe I asked both you and wysiwyg to give your credentials - if the shoe didn't fit don't fret over it! You need to seek out an anger management group!

and one more thing - I hope Centennial can out speed Ravenwood and whip their butts!

You don't have a clue who I am! Who I am is not important, but what I said is! I wasn't questioning your "fanhood" just your analytical knowledge of a game you never played in high school. I guess since I haven't been a member of coach T since 2006 my opinion is of no value - wrong! I have as much right to join and say what I think as you do! Of the players I have talked to, they are not making excuses for the loss to DC. Why do you think you need to do that? They accepted the fact that they lost and have moved on. What I do want to say is that I PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and am a fan of my alma mater! Therefore, I truly understand the game from a player's viewpoint. They don't need your excuses - they don't need your negativity of the past - you see I may not have posted on here before but I've read plenty! Being a "flag runner"???? makes you a fan not a player who busts their butts daily to get better only to have people like you making excuses for them. As for the "watching film" comment I believe I asked both you and wysiwyg to give your credentials - if the shoe didn't fit don't fret over it! You need to seek out an anger management group!

How bout this. Before you say I'm making excuses for them, go back to the DC board and tell me where I made an excuse. I said plain and simple they just got run over. They knew DC was gonna run it and they still couldn't stop it. I'm not using the fact they were undersized as an excuse, I'm just stating it as a fact. And you can ask the players who know me that I support them every game and I will always respect what they do. However, I also tell it like it is. If I see them making a bunch of mistakes, I'm going to say they look sloppy. If they play a brilliant game and were on their marks, I'm going to say they played amazing. As far as credentials go, like you said, anyone can post their opinion on CoachT, and that should be enough credentials for me or anyone else here.

And like I said earlier, I want to talk about the game at hand. I've already been through a situation like this once before, and I really dont want to start drama on this site again.

....or do remember that as well

welcome to coacht chs04...

you want my credentials, well here they are...

i am a senior at CHS, i have a state championship in film. and plan on repeating that this year.

i am the producer and editor of the "Centennial Coaches Show" that aires every thursday on WC-TV channel 3

...and yes that is where i see some film and hear coach Mats. insight off camera. what he says on camera is only a small glimpse of the teams strategy for a given week. does that make me an expert, no. but are the people who get paid to write about sports are they experts, or players that know the game as well as you, apparently not.

i say to you this,

these boards were meant for people, everyday people, students, players, coaches, parents alike regardless of their knowledge of the game. if you have a problem with what people say, then come on here and talk about it, share your opinion of the given topic, not hide, then come and call out 2 guys because you have had enough. if you dont like whats said, then get off, and dont come back. these threads werent meant for people like you!

and one more thing - I hope Centennial can out speed Ravenwood and whip their butts!

Posted this last week "Centennial will lose 4 of their next 5 games starting with DC. Only hope is against Columbia and that's not a sure thing. Sorry CHS fans but it's reality check time."

You can hope all you want, chs04, but it ain't gonna happen. CHS now loses 3 of their next 4. Reality is tough.

Trust me. The athletes over there don't worry about what people post about them on coach t. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.