Independence @ Dickson County

donathan5507

Well, it's do or die time for the Eagles. Currently at 2-1 in the region, they need to win at least one of the next three games if they hope to make the playoffs.

Here are their next three games with last year's results in parenthesis

@ Dickson (L 34-27)

Ravenwood (L 31-0)

Brentwood (L 17-14)

Indy's defense has been playing solid but the offense has been anemic at times, especially with the lack of consistent play at the quarterback position. This is crunch time for the Eagles--there's no room for senseless penalties (they were flagged 15 times last year against the Cougars), crucial mental mistakes, or just plain bad football. I hope they've ironed out all issues and I hope they can put together a solid effort this week.

Dickson's offense is dangerous--Rayburn is the best back in the Region and Primm would be the best QB if it weren't for that darned Becker kid. Rayburn and Ryan Consiglio should provide some memorable collisions this week.

Last year, Independence ran all over Dickson County, and the ability (or lack thereof) to do that this year will probably be the deciding factor in the game. Both teams are run-first, but have passing options that must be respected.

Call me crazy, but I like Indy in what has been an absolutely CRAZY year in Region 6.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's do or die time for the Eagles. Currently at 2-1 in the region, they need to win at least one of the next three games if they hope to make the playoffs.

Here are their next three games with last year's results in parenthesis

@ Dickson (L 34-27)

Ravenwood (L 31-0)

Brentwood (L 17-14)

Indy's defense has been playing solid but the offense has been anemic at times, especially with the lack of consistent play at the quarterback position. This is crunch time for the Eagles--there's no room for senseless penalties (they were flagged 15 times last year against the Cougars), crucial mental mistakes, or just plain bad football. I hope they've ironed out all issues and I hope they can put together a solid effort this week.

Dickson's offense is dangerous--Rayburn is the best back in the Region and Primm would be the best QB if it weren't for that darned Becker kid. Rayburn and Ryan Consiglio should provide some memorable collisions this week.

Last year, Independence ran all over Dickson County, and the ability (or lack thereof) to do that this year will probably be the deciding factor in the game. Both teams are run-first, but have passing options that must be respected.

Call me crazy, but I like Indy in what has been an absolutely CRAZY year in Region 6.

more like die with very little do

Dickson will win this game...Dickson will win out the rest of the year...the region is weak this year and there just is no competition for that top spot anymore....the teams just dont seem to be that tough anymore other than dickson...but dickson looks good bein a powerhouse in the region...they will go to the playoffs like usual and play a non-region opponent and dickson will prolly get beat like it has been in the past.Dickson whooped up on the region last year, then played Antioch in the first round and played flat horrible against Antioch who was actually a good team....

but good luck to the Cougars...win big!!!

Dickson will win this game...Dickson will win out the rest of the year...the region is weak this year and there just is no competition for that top spot anymore....the teams just dont seem to be that tough anymore other than dickson...but dickson looks good bein a powerhouse in the region...they will go to the playoffs like usual and play a non-region opponent and dickson will prolly get beat like it has been in the past.Dickson whooped up on the region last year, then played Antioch in the first round and played flat horrible against Antioch who was actually a good team....

but good luck to the Cougars...win big!!!

If by saying Antioch was "actually" a good team, you are refering to Region 6 as a bad region than you are wrong. Region 6 has been the best region in this state for the past four or five years. I also wouldn't be so quick to say DC will win out.

I'll take DC in this one. Not because they are a dominate team, but because they have a never say die attitude in them. Its contagious and it starts up front with there lineman. Not nearly as big or as strong in the past physically, but more courage and more heart than any i've seen. Steadman could possibly see limited action but its only a possibility. Greer and Wicker will be all over the field defensively and the wishbone will once again prevail in the passing era. Best of luck to both teams. Have fun on TV