Father Ryan VS Ensworth

fiftyfifty

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ensworth's defense REALLY that good? Is there offesne gonna be good against a Ryan defense similair to MBA without Jefferson?

Ensworths defense is not good at all, they have a very small defensive front. Running backs Ryan berry and Josh Hayes will run all over them, along with QB Justin Guidrey.

Ensworths offense will not be successful either. The Irish are too big up front and have very good linebackers behind them to fill the gaps.

Lussier will have the Irish ready to sing the Father Ryan Fight Song after the win, Ryan by 2 touchdowns

Ensworths defense is not good at all, they have a very small defensive front. Running backs Ryan berry and Josh Hayes will run all over them, along with QB Justin Guidrey.

Ensworths offense will not be successful either. The Irish are too big up front and have very good linebackers behind them to fill the gaps.

Lussier will have the Irish ready to sing the Father Ryan Fight Song after the win, Ryan by 2 touchdowns

Are you serious? Ensworth Defense is not good at all.... what are you talking about. Ensworth Defense held MBA to only 14 points, and they only scored on 2 long TD runs on missed tackles.

Even without jefferson Ensworth steel has 2 great backs to run the ball. Orleans and a freshman Rodney Anderson who has not seen much offensive playing time behind orleanes and Tvarrase

How are you to say that Ensworth's defense is not any good? they held MBA who is ranked #1 in the state to only 14 points. I agree with homlesspeople. What you are saying is a little ridiculous. MBA has one of the best O lines in the state and a fullback who is going to UT. Ensworth's D-line might be undersized but their quickness and strength proved to be more important than size against one of the best offenses in the state, MBA.

EHS 28

Ryan 17

How are you to say that Ensworth's defense is not any good? they held MBA who is ranked #1 in the state to only 14 points. I agree with homlesspeople. What you are saying is a little ridiculous. MBA has one of the best O lines in the state and a fullback who is going to UT. Ensworth's D-line might be undersized but their quickness and strength proved to be more important than size against one of the best offenses in the state, MBA.

EHS 28

Ryan 17

MBA probably would have controlled the Ensworth defensive line a little better with Preston Bailey in the game. Injuries happen, and Ensworth's defense was very quick, and played quite well against an MBA line that is extremely good, even with Bailey out of the line-up. Their size (and depth) are an issue: they were wearing donw towards the end of the MBA game. If the Ensworth offense can sustain some drives and keep time of possession reasonably close, the size issue won't be such a big deal.

If it stays close, I would lean towards Ryan because they can kick better.

FR has 2 DI linemen in Brown and Schmidt, who I believe are going to SEC schools. Not only that, they have a heck of a duo of running backs who are also going to play in college and a quarterback who is a baseball 'prospect' that runs just as good as the tailbacks. But the running game hasnt been Ryan's only offense, they have quite a passing game. Add all this with McPhail, the offensive coach, and I garuntee you he will find ways to put lots of numbers under the Visitor scoreboard.

Ryan's defense will conrol the line of scrimmage, so it will be very hard for Ensworth to go anywhere. Ryan's defense is probably just as good if not better (Id say better) than MBA's. They have held opponents to EXCACTLY 14 points in all their games MAX!!!!! (MBA has had 28 points against Ravenwood, 2nd team or not, its still 28 points /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />). Ryan has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, and Ensworth's best player is out.

The odds are totally in Ryan's favor for a victory, so I choose them.

If you expect Ensworth to score many points and Ryan to NOT score any points you are pathetically wrong. AT LEAST Ryan wont have any problems scoring, but might have problems being scored on, but Im sure that wont happen either.

EDIT: How could I forget my /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />?

I never said MBA dominated in athletics. You said MBA has no athletic ability which everyone would agree is one of the worst thought up things you can say. Last time I checked, MBA beat Father Ryan is football TEN YEARS IN A ROW. I think you need just a little bit of athletic talent to win football games. I say who cares about bowling because honestly its not important on a forum about football. Thats like saying MBA beats Father Ryan in lacrosse by at least 10 goals for the past few years. MBA has more professional athletes and college athletes than Ryan does. Ingle Martin, Brandt Snedeker(ya hes a professional golfer) Hunter Hillenmeyer,just to name a few. So just stop your ranting about MBA, because they will beat Father Ryan again for the 11th year in a row, and get back to the point of the topic which is Ryan vs. Ensworth.

HAHA, read your first sentence in your original post- 'MBA has dominated in ATHLETICS...'- so pretty sure u did say that. and to talk about the wrestling score being close is incorrect your obviously not a fan of the sport or know much about it because the entire match was decided with about 3 individual mtaches still to go. MBA will never win state in wrestling compared to ryan's 12 or somewhere around there? so it would be accurate to say that As a WHOLE ryan has the superior athletics

OK,

I'll get in, now that the players are on the way to the game and this won't hurt the Ensworth player's feelings. Ryan will dominate on defense, although there is still a possibility of a big play or two for Ensworth in the end it won't be a factor. Ryan holds them to less than 15 points and will score 28+. So, the facts are Ryan by about 13.

Ole Dad

EHS 28

Ryan 17

Ryan's defense will conrol the line of scrimmage, so it will be very hard for Ensworth to go anywhere. Ryan's defense is probably just as good if not better (Id say better) than MBA's. They have held opponents to EXCACTLY 14 points in all their games MAX!!!!! (MBA has had 28 points against Ravenwood, 2nd team or not, its still 28 points /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />). Ryan has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, and Ensworth's best player is out.

if ryan's defense is better than MBA's defense then expect a shutout tonight esp with jefferson out