Westmoreland at Smith County Matchup October 19

singray

Guest Termite

I went to the game and just like I said I would, I went to the Smith Co. concession stand to payup the money to Antwan but he was no where to be seen. Guess he knew that Westmoreland had given almost everything that Smith Co. had gotten in the game to that point. The refs gave them the rest of what they did. Typical game for this years Westmoreland group. They are young but improving, especially on defense. Antwan I think you would agree that both teams are just about equal to each other. York is also. Smith Co. had better be on upset alert against Cannon Co., thats all I can say. They have a running back with great team speed and they run those sally plays very well. I dont see Smith Co. advancing that far in the playoffs this season unless they play some really weak teams. They will defintely get to play a 3rd place team but from what region. As for Westmoreland, I'm sure we will draw a good one, but hey, like I said earlier, I would rather play the best the first week and win or lose than play a crappy team and blow them out only to get slaughtered in the semis by a true championship caliber team. Smith Co. fans, realize this, you played a team with 5 seniors and 2 of them start. You pulled the game out by 8 points with 22 seniors on your squad. You won thats all that matters in the end but I hope we face you again in the playoffs because I really like our chances playing your team twice this season. Your offensive line doesnt scare anybody other than a McDonalds fast food worker trying to close up for the night. Eagles, you'll bounce back from this loss and it will make you better. Remember this season and the lessons you have learned. Maybe we wont make the same mistakes in the playoffs and defintely next season since all of you have 1 or 2 more years left to right all the wrongs you have committed this season. Hold your heads up high Eagles and come out and win next Friday night.

Gave?? I guess you could say SC "gave" Westy everything thy got too. Yelp...Songwriter turn us on to the same refs that called in all 3 of your other losses. Everybody knew going in the NOBODY could beat the mighty eagles with out the refs help. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> One thing about it, we're IN the playoffs. Upset alert?? You better hope not. If there is an upset,Westy might not be able to play "a true champion" or anyone at all. Break out the basketball shoes. Your right again....we have 22 Srs....11 play on defense and 11 play on offense. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> From the looks of things, you might want to get a "flute player" to score 1/7th of your total points. You might want to swing your guys through a McDonalds every once in a while too. Get yourself a 1/4lber too........you probably need a break. You've eat so much crow this year......now the buzzards are nervous. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave?? I guess you could say SC "gave" Westy everything thy got too. Yelp...Songwriter turn us on to the same refs that called in all 3 of your other losses. Everybody knew going in the NOBODY could beat the mighty eagles with out the refs help. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> One thing about it, we're IN the playoffs. Upset alert?? You better hope not. If there is an upset,Westy might not be able to play "a true champion" or anyone at all. Break out the basketball shoes. Your right again....we have 22 Srs....11 play on defense and 11 play on offense. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> From the looks of things, you might want to get a "flute player" to score 1/7th of your total points. You might want to swing your guys through a McDonalds every once in a while too. Get yourself a 1/4lber too........you probably need a break. You've eat so much crow this year......now the buzzards are nervous. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL!!! that last sentence was a funny one!

I will try to give you the exact point at which I was standing. If you are standing on the Smith Co. sideline facing the visitors bleachers, myself and the other 3 walked up the side walk to your left. We proceeded past the visitors concession stand up the hill and right to the closestend of the concession stand under your concrete 18th century style bleachers. I stood in the line furtherest to the left if you facing the concession stand under those 18th century style bleachers. I bought 2 hamburgers and a hot dog that I must say tasted pretty good. I purchased those items from a young black headed boy.

That would put him at the third window from the scoreboard end of the field...although...the concession stand is ABOVE the bleachers...not BELOW...and yes...those burgers and dogs are pretty tasty...GO TONY!!!

Guest Termite

I think someone is slipping. Westy got a first down.

I owed you that one termite, for the dump statement earlier. We both know where the dump is located. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Moneyman....Good win Friday nite......Hope ya'll keep it going. I hear your boy is playing really well. We seemed a little flat against Westy, but their play may have had somethin top do with that too.

G-ville had FRESHMAN step up and hit a field goal to win the game??? Who wooda thought that??

Dump?? I had to say something and G-ville was the nearest target,,, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Actually, I've heard players say the G-ville field is as nice as any, and better than most.

Moneyman....Good win Friday nite......Hope ya'll keep it going. I hear your boy is playing really well. We seemed a little flat against Westy, but their play may have had somethin top do with that too.

G-ville had FRESHMAN step up and hit a field goal to win the game??? Who wooda thought that??

Dump?? I had to say something and G-ville was the nearest target,,, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Actually, I've heard players say the G-ville field is as nice as any, and better than most.

Yeah you are right there, at least GVs field is not like a roller coaster. Like a few I have seen. When you say dump. There is a couple that come to mind. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I am sure you know the ones I am talking about.

Termite,

Congratulations to all of you from SC for your win on Friday night. It's always a good trip to SC where there are some fine country people who love their Football. The facilities are great and the entertainment of the band and the fireworks take you back in time. Westmoreland played hard. If we handn't lost our speedster Freeman about the same time we got wix back, we probably would have 1 or 2 more wins but that's football. I'm not making excuses, this is a rebuilding year for the Eagles and we have improved tremendously since the first of the year. We got our hats handed to us earlier by DCA and Gordonsville but since then we have played hard and gotten a lot better. I haven't been ignoring you boys, I just got back from a Muzzleloader hunt in Kentucky. I hope we play each other again the first round of the playoffs. Win or lose it should be a good game.