Rules

pioneer90

alright is it just me or are alot of rules gay. like that we can wear our skinny wristbands around our elbows. or that we cant wear black eyeshields. or that you cant hit the quarterback after he throws and you cant hit someone head to head i mean what is this ballarina figure skating? No its football CONTACT SPORT your gonna hurt and play this game.what happened to the warriors of the gridiron? you think joe montana or steve young ever whinned about gettin hit no they got up with their concussion and went on. you think lawrence taylor or mean joe greene ever thought about pullin off from a dead sprint because the qb got the ball away? HELLZ NO SQUIRREL. roughin the kicker passer any roughin is gay because football is ROUGH /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> makes me sick. Let my elbows GO!!!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hate the eyeshield and wristband stuff too, but still posting and whining on a public forum does nothing...

and about roughing....thats like pass interference. if it wasnt there you would have players getting theor clocks cleaned for absolutely no reason. and dont forget these players are 16-17-18 years old. not exactly joe montana or steve young material....

alright is it just me or are alot of rules gay. like that we can wear our skinny wristbands around our elbows. or that we cant wear black eyeshields. or that you cant hit the quarterback after he throws and you cant hit someone head to head i mean what is this ballarina figure skating? No its football CONTACT SPORT your gonna hurt and play this game.what happened to the warriors of the gridiron? you think joe montana or steve young ever whinned about gettin hit no they got up with their concussion and went on. you think lawrence taylor or mean joe greene ever thought about pullin off from a dead sprint because the qb got the ball away? HELLZ NO SQUIRREL. roughin the kicker passer any roughin is gay because football is ROUGH /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> makes me sick. Let my elbows GO!!!!!!!

Steve Young, Troy Aikman, and others will tell you a concussion is no minor matter. A

concussion is a brain injury, much like shaken baby syndrome. Multiple concussions like

they endured when they played on and should not have, has cost them. There is no

point in hitting a QB after the ball has been released & the play is over. The QB is in

a very vulnerable position as is a punter at this time. This does not make you a wimp.

Your post is misguided at best.

are you crying about not being able to were skinny wristbands around your elbow and you cant were black eyeshields??????? but you say it is foot ball a contact sport???? let me ask you this are you out there to look good or play football?

alright is it just me or are alot of rules gay. like that we can wear our skinny wristbands around our elbows. or that we cant wear black eyeshields. or that you cant hit the quarterback after he throws and you cant hit someone head to head i mean what is this ballarina figure skating?

The Wristbands are because the skinny ones are easier to slip fingers under, and in theory it would be a crappy way for a Linebacker to have to leave the game if he was trying to tackle someone and his finger got caught in one and broke. I don't really agree with this rule and really if the Pro- and College kids do it your not going to be able to stop the high school kids from doing it because they are so small.

I don't really understand any eyeshield, black clear, orange whatever. The reason you can't have a dark one is because if you take a big hit they can't tell if your eyes are rolled back into your head or not, oh and before you say "just take the helmet off", if you have a neck injury taking the helmet off could make it twice as worse. Don't really know what anyone wants to wear them and that includes college or pro, even more so for high schools who play 99% of their games at night when there is no need for what is basically sunglasses.

That is protecting the QB, he is kinda important to the team and all the coaches got together and Agreed on this rule, I see no reason this one should ever change, especially if the only reason you want it changed is so you can take a cheap shot on the leader of the Offense

To my knowledge, there is no Helmet to Helmet rule in TSSAA. There was a lengthy discussion about it last year after the FCS vs. Hampton game, but I have never heard that called at a high school game at all. So feel free to hit helmet to helmet if you want a quick trip to a neck injury

who if any of you guys actually play football? jw

I played football..Like KEV-O said, are you wanting to wear the skinny wrist bands and dark shields to be pretty? Yes, this football we are talking about. Montana, Young, and especially all before them were the gridiron guys. They didn't need that money-making junk to play the game better. Cheapshots have no place in football. If you are in to anything goes, maybe you should think about UCF.

central florida or did you mean ufc?

i play defensive line and its gritty and dirty and ballsy and their really arent rules besides holding blocking in the back( id say with your back turned to someone is a pretty vulnerable postition) is legal on the line and cuttin our knees so is also legal why is a shot on the quaterback so bad. shouldnt they have to be tough to play their positon too?

i play defensive line and its gritty and dirty and ballsy and their really arent rules besides holding blocking in the back( id say with your back turned to someone is a pretty vulnerable postition) is legal on the line and cuttin our knees so is also legal why is a shot on the quaterback so bad. shouldnt they have to be tough to play their positon too?

I meant Ultimate Fighting Championship (I think thats it). You linemen do get most of the action and very little glory. I never played qb, but let me ask you this: Have you ever had someone, most likely 1.5-2x your weight hit you blind sided, in a dead run after the play is over or at least after the play has gotten past you? If the ball is in your hands and you get hit like that, well, I think thats part of the game, the O line didn't do their job.. As for cut blocks, they can be dangerous.

The QB is the leader of the Offense. He calls the plays in the huddle, he gets the snap from the center, and is one of only two players who is going to touch the ball every single play. Lineman expect to get hit and protect themselve accordingly. You gotta have your head on a swivle and constantly be looking for someone who is about to take a cheap shot on them. The QB is constantly putting himself in positions to get killed. He can't protect himself when he is mid throw or just got done throwing the football. He is virtually defensless.

The biggest thing i can say against hitting the QB is ask your high school coach, if he want his D to be able to take cheap shots on the other team so bad that he will allow the same thing to happen to his QB then ok, but most coaches just got together and agreed on that rule.

On aspect i will agree with is the pro's, the only way you can even touch them is if they still have the football and you hit them right between the numbers, you can't tackle thier legs, can't touch their head, can't breath on them wrong. The pro's took the rule a little to far. But i do think that a basic "roughing the passer" penalty is needed in football.

I played football an was a O line men. With the cutting it is legal as long as the person you are cutting is not engaged with another line men or if it is away from the line of scrimmage (ie. going to a linebacker an cutting him or pulling out to block an cutting out in the flats) Hitting a QB an cutting are ok as long as its done at the right time. As for helmet to helmet there is no need for that, unless your trying to really hurt some one, then if thats the case then you need to be booted off the team.