MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

Agree a very good post.

Is it true Chris Jordan was recruited my BA from Atlanta, Ga?

I see he is looking at Alabama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Tennessee. Any idea which school he is leaning toward?

His dad was transferred here last year. He came in before his junior year, and from what I hear, his dad wanted a great place for his son to attend the rest of his high school years. Not sure where he is going, but all great schools!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His dad was transferred here last year. He came in before his junior year, and from what I hear, his dad wanted a great place for his son to attend the rest of his high school years. Not sure where he is going, but all great schools!

You mean BA got his dad a high paying job and agreed pay the 20K per year cost for Jordan to attend the school?

Man that is a system.

You mean BA got his dad a high paying job and agreed pay the 20K per year cost for Jordan to attend the school?

Man that is a system.

He is originally from Maury County and his family moved to Atlanta for a few years and they moved back. Interestingly enough, he gave Una fits and handed their top teams some loses as a youth player.

Man that is a system.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You are funny! No kid goes for free! Have you seen his physical stature? Looks like he could have a uniform on now at a DI program. He is a monster.

Man that is a system.

I thought you were faking stupid to be funny until I read a post on your "Maryville vs. West" thread and they were accusing Maryville of recruiting. Your retort was priceless: "What?"

He is originally from Maury County and his family moved to Atlanta for a few years and they moved back. Interestingly enough, he gave Una fits and handed their top teams some loses as a youth player.

That's not what I heard.......I heard he was starting on the GA high school team back when he was in 6th grade. They snuck him from the elementary school to play high school ball. By the time he was in 7th, he was the state scoring leader......He is already a 7 time letterman! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If they do recruit, it is what it is. I don't know that they do, but they may. Regardless, I am glad they are taking their allegedly recruited players and playing against a great football team this week. Possibly the best team in the state in MBA. Which is what this thread is about by the way. I am glad they are not forming the best team they can and then playing against a different Girl Scout troop each week and bragging about their domination. That would be far more pathetic.

I am taking MBA by 3.

I just noticed this post . Great one INVNO1. Except for your pick.

I thought you were faking stupid to be funny until I read a post on your "Maryville vs. West" thread and they were accusing Maryville of recruiting. Your retort was priceless: "What?"

People are always accusing Maryville of recruiting, the program is used to it. No facts and it does not happen, Maryville accepts more students for academics than they do for athletics. Check the SAT scores and the college tuition offers. Pretty good school that plays a little football!

With BA's deep pockets one would think they could get a man a job and pay for his kids education. I am sure a player like Jordan got some money help. How??™s his grades will they be a hurdle at the next level?

People are always accusing Maryville of recruiting, the program is used to it. No facts and it does not happen, Maryville accepts more students for academics than they do for athletics. Check the SAT scores and the college tuition offers. Pretty good school that plays a little football!

With BA's deep pockets one would think they could get a man a job and pay for his kids education. I am sure a player like Jordan got some money help. How??™s his grades will they be a hurdle at the next level?

Kind of sounds like a little school in Middle TN which happens to be private. Sounds like you could have written that on behalf of us BA fans.

Jordan's grades will have no problem. BA is a hard school to pass. It is a college prep school. I made better grades in college and grad school than I did at BA. The work was harder.

See now, that is a new one on me. People accuse Maryville of recruiting? I have always heard that they play a cupcake schedule, but I did not know about this recruiting thing. Kind of surprising that you would throw rocks at us from your glass house.

Thank you Brandon, that is a relief.

p.s. I am a 2-sport athlete at BA. I came my 8th grade year because it was a good academic school and because of its reputation as a great athletic school. Although I was a standout athlete in middle school, winning all-tournament honors on the junior varsity team as a 7th grader, I was never approached by any coach. When I asked to speak to the coach of my favorite sport, the only thing he said was to warn me that it would be difficult. I am now a senior and am good friends with many of the athletes who supposedly were "recruited". They have told me their stories. None were recruited, and I am extremely sick of that accusation. We have better athletes. We have better coaching. We work harder. We win games. Get over it.

It may be difficult but i would bet my house brentwood would find a way for a kid who is 6'4 250 and runs a 4.5 to get in.

Offensive side of the line:

BA has a better passing attack than MBA. MBA will be throwing to the big Tight-ends to see if they break tackle and add yardage after catch. BA will be more open and passing down the sidelines. Mostly likely the ball will sail three yards out-of-bounds but the Ref??™s will call defensive inference on the corners to keep the drives alive. If MBA can stay in front of the receiver and press on sideline passes, two things will happen. 1) Defensive interference call on the cornerback, 2) Interception if the corner can get turned around and the ball is thrown short, then a flag for defensive interference to overturn the interception. Chris Jordon coming out of the backfield for short-dump passes is effective. Scott Jordon has tendency to break initial tackles for extra yardage. MBA needs to hit hard and wrap up. BA tendency is to run in the three-hole. BA left tackle and guard are consistent on will clearing the hole for a five yard run by any of the BA running back.

Rapbwood, this is one of the most bizarre comments I have read. BA's passing attack relies solely on corrupt referees? Also, I vote none of your business regarding Chris Jordan and whether he receives tuition assistance. What about your family's finances? Why not open that up to the board.