If Sweetwater doesnt make the playoffs is Staff gone

Sounds like the Sweetwater coach and the Lenoir City coach went to the same coaching school. The Lenoir City coach tries to run the same play over and over again to now success. Sweetwater used to be a powerhouse team every year.

Coach Satterfield @ Trousdale runs the same 4 plays all night and we're pretty happy with him. He must have been instructing at this school your speaking of. Of course, he runs something else if they're not working.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#12 formerly of sweetwater did go to loudon, i think he's been enrolled for maybe 2 weeks. i had heard he had been kicked off the team but i won't go into that b/c i don't know if anything i heard is true. i have a couple of friends from loudon, so you can guess that ive really been having to take it from them about him moving up there.

on to staff, personally, i think we've been underperforming since rhodes left in 05. while staff hasn't had the talent rhodes did 00-02, he definitely had the talent this year to beat rockwood and if not beat compete with loudon. during the rockwood game, it seemed like the team decided to not even show up until the fourth quarter started (something we've been known to do in the past) and againist loudon, we basically had them on the ropes at the end of the first half; but we decided to risk it and it failed not to mention the 3-4 hb passes in a row to johnkins. so personally, while we've not been dreadful and lost to sequoyah, we've certainly played our way out of the top 4 in the region this year, when most had us vying with the likes of alcoa, cak, etc.

No you did'nt lose to Seq. not this year anyway. But we will take the direction the chiefs are heading and you can keep the direction the cats are going.

you're right about sequoyah im really glad they've come along this year, although the win/loss record doesn't show it you can tell that summeys making the adjustments needed to turn sequoyah into a winning program. Personally, i think it will be a while before the chiefs can take the crown from sweetwater, i mean when you'll had felton and jones i figured you would blow us off the field like you did loudon; but i was wrong. Anyways though i hate to admit it but you all are closing the gap that we've had on you'll for years and for a sweetwater fan, from my perspective, that shouldn't be happening. but good luck the rest of the year i always like for the chiefs and the bears to do well, being a monroe countian

you're right about sequoyah im really glad they've come along this year, although the win/loss record doesn't show it you can tell that summeys making the adjustments needed to turn sequoyah into a winning program. Personally, i think it will be a while before the chiefs can take the crown from sweetwater, i mean when you'll had felton and jones i figured you would blow us off the field like you did loudon; but i was wrong. Anyways though i hate to admit it but you all are closing the gap that we've had on you'll for years and for a sweetwater fan, from my perspective, that shouldn't be happening. but good luck the rest of the year i always like for the chiefs and the bears to do well, being a monroe countian

You mention felton & jones, man that team was loaded with talent 5 or 6 of those kids were offered scholorships. That just shows you the kind of coaching we have had over here. Hopefully we are turning it around. As far as the cats go there is know doubt you guys have some real tallent this year. Think about this. Its not just football, but look at all the sports in monroe co. as a whole boys & girls. Sure there will be a few teams have a little success here and there but that is about it. Here's the question, what has happened to the athletics in our county? Is it the kids? I don't think so.

warchief you're exactly right monroe county as a whole doesn't take sports as seriously as loudon, blount, etc. and its not the players,coaches, or fans fault. for sweetwater, we were put on the academic watch list last year or the year before and i know that last year thats what most of the focus was on, even though we had a soccer team that went to substate for the first time ever and the girls basketball team made it to regionals. Personally, i think that athletics should be on the same level as academics but for some of the higher officials they seem to differ, and thats why i believe that athletics in the whole county has grown slowly whether its poor funding, support, etc. like you said this debate is taking place all over the country, and it has got alot to do with some of the bills in washington; but this is coacht not fox news or cnn, so i wont go there

Sweetwater will not have another winning program until this years cutters are juniors in high school.

So are you saying that the kids that are playing now and for the next few years don't have a chance? I disagree. So for all of you that have kids playing now and for the next few years don't bother. They have the tallent now it is that it is not being used properly.

#12 formerly of sweetwater did go to loudon, i think he's been enrolled for maybe 2 weeks. i had heard he had been kicked off the team but i won't go into that b/c i don't know if anything i heard is true. i have a couple of friends from loudon, so you can guess that ive really been having to take it from them about him moving up there.

on to staff, personally, i think we've been underperforming since rhodes left in 05. while staff hasn't had the talent rhodes did 00-02, he definitely had the talent this year to beat rockwood and if not beat compete with loudon. during the rockwood game, it seemed like the team decided to not even show up until the fourth quarter started (something we've been known to do in the past) and againist loudon, we basically had them on the ropes at the end of the first half; but we decided to risk it and it failed not to mention the 3-4 hb passes in a row to johnkins. so personally, while we've not been dreadful and lost to sequoyah, we've certainly played our way out of the top 4 in the region this year, when most had us vying with the likes of alcoa, cak, etc.

Sweetwater has had lot of distractions within their football team this year, I personally support Coach Staff and the other assistant coaches for the job they do and the professional means in which they have handled the student athletes. I know for a fact that that are a hard working group that are loyal to Sweetwater football. Play calling is probability overrated to some degree(even if you disagree with play calls why call for a man's head (sounds like you have a personal bias)). We can all score with paper and pencil. Why not support the blue and gold and pull for player, coaches, administration and the town of Sweetwater. Don't become part of the problem. this season is only at the halfway point, beat Webb.