If Sweetwater doesnt make the playoffs is Staff gone

Sweetwater has had lot of distractions within their football team this year, I personally support Coach Staff and the other assistant coaches for the job they do and the professional means in which they have handled the student athletes. I know for a fact that that are a hard working group that are loyal to Sweetwater football. Play calling is probability overrated to some degree(even if you disagree with play calls why call for a man's head (sounds like you have a personal bias)). We can all score with paper and pencil. Why not support the blue and gold and pull for player, coaches, administration and the town of Sweetwater. Don't become part of the problem. this season is only at the halfway point, beat Webb.

Don't you think three years is enough? You are right we can all score with paper and pencil, that would be a good idea for Staff to do. Write it down and all the scenarios that could happen during the game, that way you won"t have to run the same play four times and have it fail four times.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look in the crystal ball

The S-CATS end up 5-5. Coach RHODES takes the team back over,

Coach STAFF goes to TELLICO and hauts the CATS for a very long Time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Staff at Tellico, thats interesting and maybe great for the county, do we know if its rumor or fact?

i don't think that rhodes will come back to football, i believe he enjoys what he's doing right now as asst. principal. futhermore, if memory serves me right he really didn't want the job in the first place. after dupps retired the heir apparent was breeden, and some events took place and rex took over the helm.

i also did notice this thread got some pub in the advocate today, i for one am not calling for "staff's head" i just think when u have a team with as much talent this year and u underperform who do u look @ the head ball coach. now, is it all his fault we have no idea; i just think that sweetwater should be in the top teir with alcoa, cak, loudon, etc. not having to fight its way into the playoffs

From an outsider looking in. I have no idea about this coach or his philosophy. At the Loudon game I was puzzled why sweetwater did not send more than one reciever down the field against loudon. everybody in the area knew or knows Loudon has had trouble stopping the pass and when Loudon went ahead on the scoreboard it was like sweetwater went into panic mode and would send #2 on a fly pattern and see how far they could throw the ball. No other recievers were down the field and you pretty much know what was coming.

Dont get me wrong, I think loudon would have still one that game but it sure looks like the talent was not being utilized to its potential

At the same time its easy for all of us to set here and question after the fact. Maybe he can turn it around and maybe sweetwater lucks out and gets an at large playoff spot

Good luck to your cats

Their have been many distractions, including other teams sending word to Sweetwater players to leave as of late! It's not to late to give up, this team is very capable of coming together and making some noise, but they must use all the problems they have faced over the season and turn it around and use it to come together as a team and fight for eachother! As for the Coaches, while I don't agree with the offensive play calling at times. -I wish they would look a little bit more at short routes quick slants and some others, also a few things on defense- I do think these are good Coaches. I know they are very loyal to Sweetwater and want the best! They are good Coaches who can win and want the best for their players. Don't understand why you are so up on Rhodes, he hd a higher number of excellent players and should've did better. He didn't put any effort into helping his players move onto the next level and that is what bothers me most about him! Coach Staff and his assistants do want that and work for that, I heard their may be three players going to the Allstar game. Seqouyah probably will and should close the gap, Madisonville, and especially Vonore are growing alot and they will have more players to draw from. That being said, for most years Sweetwater will win their game, Sequoyah may have a chance for a couple years coming up but if they do win, it wont be many wins maybe one, two wins at the most. Sweetwater may have a couple average years by Sweetwater standards, but ask Sequoyah how 5-5 sounds? although that probably gets them in the playoffs every year in that region.

Dontfeel to sorry for Sweetwater, they do have several verygood players coming up through youth football and they will have some good teams! Juniors 6- 2, Cutters 8-0, Hoppers 4-4 (could easily be 6-2), Crickets 8-0. The talent is going to be there!

FansWhen things are going on like this, it is even more important to come out in strong numbers and support your team! Sweetwater has so many fair weather fans - which means they only come to support a team when they are extremly good- it sometimes makes me sick.

Players This is on you to, we need some leaders to stepup, even if they aren't seniors! Last years team had that, and thats why they came on strong! Also play together more as a team, play for eachother, your school, your pride! It's easy to throw in the towel and give-up, it takes true guts and heart to step up and be a man! Don't show up to a game thinking you can't win and not give your all! If you fell that way let your Coaches and the players that do care know this before the game. Their is someone thats will take your spot that does care! Don't let anyone tell you how good you are and who you can and can't beat, it doesn't happen that way, ask 42 point underdog Stanford if they came into that game thinking they couldn't play with USC! Anyone can beat anyone, but you have to believe it in your heart and give everything you have every single play, all eleven players that are on the field, whether you play one play or every play!

Coaches Hang in there keep working hard and don't let all this talk turn you sour inside, like it can.

Dontfeel to sorry for Sweetwater, they do have several verygood players coming up through youth football and they will have some good teams! Juniors 6- 2, Cutters 8-0, Hoppers 4-4 (could easily be 6-2), Crickets 8-0. The talent is going to be there!

I really dont think you can look at the little league records, its kinda misleading because I know that a cuople of their best running backs live in Athens and will be attending McMinn County High School. What are we teaching the kids when we allow this to happen?

Very good post 2A football man! I agree about Sweetwater fans being fair weather fans. They remind me of Tennessee fans. I am not a Tn fan because of this. But you know, i played RB for SHS in the past, and people complained when we were winning state championships and/or over 10 games a year. My suggestion is if you think you can do better, go get your degree, and get into coaching. Till then, cheer for the Sweetwater Team, Coaches, Cheerleaders, Band, etc. or keep your mouth SHUT!!!!

5-5 and fifth in this region may STILL be good enough to get in the playoffs!!! Keep playing the game, do your best and let the chips fall. You may be surprised at the outcome. (even if all the playoff games will be on the road) There is still a lot to play for!

Thanks painted bridge, you are right, and I respect you very much for the post.

Dumdum, trust me I know more about the youth league than their records. I know of one running back you may be right about, and he is verygood, but not a couple of their best. Things could change if some players leave, but you can also gain new players. If everyone jumps ship, it maybe bad in a year, but if they do it they will make a mistake going down the road! Sweetwater has some good talent coming up in the next several years and if everyone stays together, they could be one of the best teams in the area. I could be wrong, but remember this post in a few years, especially all the fair weather fans, they will have a reason to come.

4 quarters, comeout playing for eachother and don't let up!!! It's you against the world circle the wagons.