Knox West @ Maryville

Knoxvegas98

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville only scored once in the second half. Interesting calls by West's coaches to put Easterly at QB and take Ryan out, it kind of cost us, but hey that's football. Take away a few of West's mistakes and they are in it till the end. Amazing defense 2nd half by West, and overall a great fight. It was awesome to see how many people drove out there and how pumped away up that crowd was. If West plays like that they'll beat Powell and Central and maybe even live to see Maryville another day. Way to keep it alive West. Go Rebs! (West that is)

I thought going into the game West might have a chance because I heard Maryville was down a little this year, after seeing this game I agree. I wanted to be there when Maryville finally lost a game, you know so I can tell my grand kids. Without a timely punt return for a TD by Clendenan(sp?), it would have been a very tight game. West QB Ryan has as strong an arm as any high school QB I've ever seen, unfortunately he shows it everytime he throws the ball. In the few games I've seen him play he seems to throw the ball as hard as he can every play. As far as Maryville being "down" this year, I wish our team had those kind of players in a "down" year.

I'm not sure that I was watching the same game as the previous two posters here...or then again my opinion may have been skewed a little because I only got to see half the game. The down side of having a beautiful girlfriend is that it costs me twice as much to go to the game and I only get to see half as much football. She got "too cold" to stay shortly after halftime, so I only saw the first half.

Having said that, Maryville was dominant. Even without the freaky punt return (which was amazing and Tyler Maples-eque), Maryville was dominant. They scored at will and West only looked competitive in stopping them in short yardage situations, but we all knew Maryville's run game was down this year.

There were multiple times when the MHS defense had West moving the wrong direction down the field.

From my perspective, if you take away one great offensive play by West, that game is a shut out.

Without that punt return and giving them a score with under a minute left(when west couldve just punted instead of going for it) West could have won that game. If someone wouldve have told me West d only allowed one td in the second half i would think they would win. Hats off to Maryville. I'm still a little bitter over a fourth and 1 call in the first half where the refs gave them a favorable spot that led to a td.

how about the touchdown where your reciever was two yards out of bounds? how about that call? GREAT CATCH. Amazing. not taking that away. but he was out of bounds. and how about that onside kick. or should i say kicks where the kicker gave it an extra nudge about 7 yards down the field? oh and the 3 or 4 pass interference no calls where shiver got tackled from behind before he had a chance to catch the ball... not the refs fault man... sorry

Maryville only scored once in the second half. Interesting calls by West's coaches to put Easterly at QB and take Ryan out, it kind of cost us, but hey that's football. Take away a few of West's mistakes and they are in it till the end. Amazing defense 2nd half by West, and overall a great fight. It was awesome to see how many people drove out there and how pumped away up that crowd was. If West plays like that they'll beat Powell and Central and maybe even live to see Maryville another day. Way to keep it alive West. Go Rebs! (West that is)

West always finds ways to make big mistakes in big games. Been a problem for years @ West. Wasn't surprised to see M'ville put up 28 in 1st half - West "D" isn't good. I believe they have allowed 30 or more in 4 of their 7 games. Too bad that there "d" isn't any beter b/c they have a pretty good "O". West will be out of the playoffs after second round at the latest - I'd like to see them go farther but doubt it happens.