Tyler Mobraint (Meigs Co)

UTCSCOUT07

First of all he has to have the grades. What's his ACT score? I bet he can't get in to a D-I school. I have heard from a faculty member that he is not up for any academic awards. However they may have been talking about his brother.

I believe I would make sure whom I was talking about before I disparaged them. I have heard from a former teacher(straight from the source) that T. Mobriant was a good student for this teacher.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough decision for a kid to make. I could see him getting some looks from a DI school, but he's got to be honest with himself about some things. He's a little slow for halfback, and a little small for fullback. That's not to say he can't do it, but he needs to ask himself if he's prepared to be a DI scout team player. I would think that a kid with as much drive and pride as he has that this would be hard for him to swallow. I think that he would be happier at a DII where he's going to make an impact on Saturday and do it sooner. I also think that he may be looking at a partial scholarship at a DI where he could be looking at a full ride at a DII. But I don't know his families condition, and this may not be a factor. And this is not a slam on Decatur, but there will be more culture shock for a small town kid going to a DI school then a smaller campus, which are more often in small towns. You asked "whether he can", and I think he could. But he needs to be asking if he should, and I think he would be happier at a DII.

After attending a DI school, not for athletic scholarship though, I can with a high degree of accuracy say that kids from Cleveland, McMinn County and other places larger than Decatur struggle with the adjustment to UTK or UTC.There are not many freshmen I would reccommend to move off to Knoxville.

I believe I would make sure whom I was talking about before I disparaged them. I have heard from a former teacher(straight from the source) that T. Mobriant was a good student for this teacher.

Go back and read the next post after that one. I said they may have been talking about his brother.

lol funny, buddy I do get paid for these things. If you think there is another back in the region that has had as much success as this one has your crazy

i play at central and i'm a die hard charger fan but i give credit where credit is due.tyler is one of the most powerful

and ellusive backs in region 3-3a.he doesnt have much of an offensive line but he still manages to put up big

numbers week in and week out.he has proven that he can run behind his blockers and over opposing linebackers

in region 3-3a i would like to see him test the waters in college.

i play at central and i'm a die hard charger fan but i give credit where credit is due.tyler is one of the most powerful

and ellusive backs in region 3-3a.he doesnt have much of an offensive line but he still manages to put up big

numbers week in and week out.he has proven that he can run behind his blockers and over opposing linebackers

in region 3-3a i would like to see him test the waters in college.

He is extremely consistent and very driven. Look at his legs-you can tell where that power comes from.

Tyler Mobriant from Meigs Co is a very powerful back. What is everyones take on whether he can go div 1 or not. He makes decent grades from what I hear. Take him for example now, Meigs does not have a powerful offensive line, but look at the yardage he manages to still pick up. Imagine if he had a line that averaged 320 lb lineman! He is a monster working out, squatting in 500's. He has a pretty decent 40 time, prob around 4.7-4.9. Idk if he would be able to make it division 1 as a halfback, but I think he has a good shot at a fullback position in div 1. Myself and the Mocs, have already been scouting him and I know a couple more colleges around here have already had interest, TTU, MARYVILLE, CARSON NEWMAN, etc.

Great high school running back! I do not think he is a D1 prospect. The one thing I have always respected about Meigs County is the help they give all students in getting into college. Tyler will get the advice and assitance he needs. Lots of places to play football on Saturdays and get a degree besides UTC or UT. Good luck to NO. 30!