Tyler Mobraint (Meigs Co)

UTCSCOUT07

Tyler Mobriant from Meigs Co is a very powerful back. What is everyones take on whether he can go div 1 or not. He makes decent grades from what I hear. Take him for example now, Meigs does not have a powerful offensive line, but look at the yardage he manages to still pick up. Imagine if he had a line that averaged 320 lb lineman! He is a monster working out, squatting in 500's. He has a pretty decent 40 time, prob around 4.7-4.9. Idk if he would be able to make it division 1 as a halfback, but I think he has a good shot at a fullback position in div 1. Myself and the Mocs, have already been scouting him and I know a couple more colleges around here have already had interest, TTU, MARYVILLE, CARSON NEWMAN, etc.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Mobriant from Meigs Co is a very powerful back. What is everyones take on whether he can go div 1 or not. He makes decent grades from what I hear. Take him for example now, Meigs does not have a powerful offensive line, but look at the yardage he manages to still pick up. Imagine if he had a line that averaged 320 lb lineman! He is a monster working out, squatting in 500's. He has a pretty decent 40 time, prob around 4.7-4.9. Idk if he would be able to make it division 1 as a halfback, but I think he has a good shot at a fullback position in div 1. Myself and the Mocs, have already been scouting him and I know a couple more colleges around here have already had interest, TTU, MARYVILLE, CARSON NEWMAN, etc.

No. Too slow.

lol funny, buddy I do get paid for these things. If you think there is another back in the region that has had as much success as this one has your crazy

He is very Powerful and I think he could play fullback. UTC doesnt do a good job recruiting in the city. Maybe you should start. How could you let Ta Ta Caldwell, Rico Council and Sydney Tarver leave the city. Dont make the same mistake with Benford, McDuffie, Tremaine Hudson, The two recievers at Brainerd and the best Two Sport Athlete in the City Darrius Ricks

lol funny, buddy I do get paid for these things. If you think there is another back in the region that has had as much success as this one has your crazy

Oh gee off the top of my head.....

Devin Carthorne

Kevin Hamby

Rico Council

Ian Merideth

Nick Jenson

Those are some from when the region was first aligned like it is in '05. Im a Meigs fan but TMo aint D-I. Tremaine Hudson is the best back in the region and, no offense to him, he's D-II talent. Mobriants good but not great. Lets look at history. Gary Meadows is arguably one of the best RB's in recent memory from the Chatt area and easily the best from Meigs. Still holds several state records. Where'd he end up? UTC. Go figure

If you get paid to scout why are you on here asking for "non-expert" opinion? You already know his squat and other schools looking at him. If this is the player himself, you don't need to toot your own horn for people in the area to know you're a pretty good player already. As for UTC, this past season they really paid a lot of attention to players' grades after losing scholarships due to a low graduation rate. I think the only locals signed were from Notre Dame, McCallie and Boyd-Buchanan (coach's son).

Oh gee off the top of my head.....

Devin Carthorne

Kevin Hamby

Rico Council

Ian Merideth

Nick Jenson

Those are some from when the region was first aligned like it is in '05. Im a Meigs fan but TMo aint D-I. Tremaine Hudson is the best back in the region and, no offense to him, he's D-II talent. Mobriants good but not great. Lets look at history. Gary Meadows is arguably one of the best RB's in recent memory from the Chatt area and easily the best from Meigs. Still holds several state records. Where'd he end up? UTC. Go figure

Meadows was a super productive high school player but I didn't think had even speed necessary for even 1-AA. He never played any for UTC that I remember but that doesn't take away what he did at Meigs. You don't have to always be a high level prospect to be a great high school player.