Tyler Mobraint (Meigs Co)

UTCSCOUT07

This is a tough decision for a kid to make. I could see him getting some looks from a DI school, but he's got to be honest with himself about some things. He's a little slow for halfback, and a little small for fullback. That's not to say he can't do it, but he needs to ask himself if he's prepared to be a DI scout team player. I would think that a kid with as much drive and pride as he has that this would be hard for him to swallow. I think that he would be happier at a DII where he's going to make an impact on Saturday and do it sooner. I also think that he may be looking at a partial scholarship at a DI where he could be looking at a full ride at a DII. But I don't know his families condition, and this may not be a factor. And this is not a slam on Decatur, but there will be more culture shock for a small town kid going to a DI school then a smaller campus, which are more often in small towns. You asked "whether he can", and I think he could. But he needs to be asking if he should, and I think he would be happier at a DII.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Mobriant from Meigs Co is a very powerful back. What is everyones take on whether he can go div 1 or not. He makes decent grades from what I hear. Take him for example now, Meigs does not have a powerful offensive line, but look at the yardage he manages to still pick up. Imagine if he had a line that averaged 320 lb lineman! He is a monster working out, squatting in 500's. He has a pretty decent 40 time, prob around 4.7-4.9. Idk if he would be able to make it division 1 as a halfback, but I think he has a good shot at a fullback position in div 1. Myself and the Mocs, have already been scouting him and I know a couple more colleges around here have already had interest, TTU, MARYVILLE, CARSON NEWMAN, etc.

First of all he has to have the grades. What's his ACT score? I bet he can't get in to a D-I school. I have heard from a faculty member that he is not up for any academic awards. However they may have been talking about his brother.

You must have misunderstood the faculty memeber for his brother. Tyler's grades are good enough to get into a division one school. I am not sure about his ACT score however. Tyler is a good back and would be a great assest to any college because of his work ethic and heart, but he would probably be a better fit for a DI-AA or a DII school. That is not a slap in the face by any means, I mean Terrell Owens went to UTC and he is in the NFL so it is still a very competitive and prestigous league as well as D-II. Carson-Newman has won a few National Championships at the D-II level and produces NFL players as well. And the comment on Gary Meadows never playing at UTC was because he was plagued with injuries and never recovered to 100% not because of his athletic-ability. Good luck to Tyler and my advice to him would be to enjoy each game of this year and worry about recruiting afterwards, don't let the stress of recruiting ruin your senior season.

lol funny, buddy I do get paid for these things. If you think there is another back in the region that has had as much success as this one has your crazy

BTW you must be from Meigs to keep blowing up Mobriant. What are you a home town boy trying to help another. In another post you talk about watching him since he was a freshman and since this is your first year as a scout with the Mocs it sounds funny to me. Another thing if you know football and the talent it takes to play at the college level, you would not be on hear asking us armchair quarterbacks what we think. Being a baseball person I would say you are what we call a birddog scout and probably get paid nothing except a free pass to get in all TSSAA events. If you see someone of interest you report to a graduate assistant in charge of putting together a list of possible recruits. Right or Wrong? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You must have misunderstood the faculty memeber for his brother. Tyler's grades are good enough to get into a division one school. I am not sure about his ACT score however. Tyler is a good back and would be a great assest to any college because of his work ethic and heart, but he would probably be a better fit for a DI-AA or a DII school. That is not a slap in the face by any means, I mean Terrell Owens went to UTC and he is in the NFL so it is still a very competitive and prestigous league as well as D-II. Carson-Newman has won a few National Championships at the D-II level and produces NFL players as well. And the comment on Gary Meadows never playing at UTC was because he was plagued with injuries and never recovered to 100% not because of his athletic-ability. Good luck to Tyler and my advice to him would be to enjoy each game of this year and worry about recruiting afterwards, don't let the stress of recruiting ruin your senior season.

That could very well be true.

I would have to agree, I have never known a college scout to use CoachT message boards as a reference to get a scouting report from the fans of those who have seen an athlete play. At least the bigger schools UT and UGA don't, but maybe Coach Allison does things a little different.

Maybe if Coach Allison would have gotten Derrick Davis and Mike Martin to break down the film on Carson Newman his head might not be in the guillotine!! LOL!

BTW, UTCSCOUT07 I don't know many scouts that come right out and pull for one team this could be detrimental to your recruiting. So keep on rooting for the Tigers. Also don't bother recruiting Mike Hammonds he is probably going to Tennessee or another SEC school he was on the sidelines on an official visit three weeks ago at UT. You would think being a scout you would know what kind of talent he has. I doubt he will turn down the SEC for the Southern Conference!

Maybe if Coach Allison would have gotten Derrick Davis and Mike Martin to break down the film on Carson Newman his head might not be in the guillotine!! LOL!

BTW, UTCSCOUT07 I don't know many scouts that come right out and pull for one team this could be detrimental to your recruiting. So keep on rooting for the Tigers. Also don't bother recruiting Mike Hammonds he is probably going to Tennessee or another SEC school he was on the sidelines on an official visit three weeks ago at UT. You would think being a scout you would know what kind of talent he has. I doubt he will turn down the SEC for the Southern Conference!

He'll have some competition in Knox. Last I heard Chris Sells from East Ridge walked on up there. It may not be true but thats what I've heard.

BTW you must be from Meigs to keep blowing up Mobriant. What are you a home town boy trying to help another. In another post you talk about watching him since he was a freshman and since this is your first year as a scout with the Mocs it sounds funny to me. Another thing if you know football and the talent it takes to play at the college level, you would not be on hear asking us armchair quarterbacks what we think. Being a baseball person I would say you are what we call a birddog scout and probably get paid nothing except a free pass to get in all TSSAA events. If you see someone of interest you report to a graduate assistant in charge of putting together a list of possible recruits. Right or Wrong? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think you've hit close to the mark. I think that this is a green scout that played at Meigs and UTC and is now involved with Meigs again and "birddogs" the teams in this area/region. But even with that advantage to get looks from UTC, I think that Mobriant is worth the look. But like I said before, I think Mobriant will be happier playing for a DII team where he will be more productive.

Not by all means, I have just been a big fan of Meigs and Polk football playing style. I moved here from Alabama about 4 years ago. Went to a little highschool outside of Talladega. I played 4 yrs at Troy where I then went on the coaching staff. Just recently me and my family moved up here and my little girl is now a freshmen at Chatt Central. I used to follow Polk Co alot in the 05 season. I really thought they would of won the region. Every since Hamby graduated I have fell back to the next similar back which is Mobriant. I was shocked Hamby didn't get a ride somewhere. I'm not a native of any team in this area,let alone the state. I have been on the Moc's faculty for two years with this year getting promoted as a recruiter. I just watch around pile stats together, and put together the players in which me and the other coaches will contact to see how grades are compiling.

So next year I will probably be a fan of the next back similar to Mobriant.

I'm definitlely looking at the kicker from Polk.

Who does Howard or someone have that is a good scout pick. Just because I'm scouting them don't mean I will take on the job to recruit them. Im just in charge of this region and I don't have nothing to do with the other regions and divisions in state. So just because I'm so interested in Mobriant don't mean he will get scholarship here because a west or middle tenn team may have a better back that plays as hard as Mobriant ya know. Quick question though, I heard that White House had some major lineman the past two seasons, does anyone know anything about them? Or is there any linemen in this region worth giving looks to? Im not here to hate on any team...I was a success in recruits at Troy and hopefully I can bring some good recruits into chatt area