Who is most worthy for the 3A Mr Football in all positions?

RRC2

Look everyone give me an idea of who you think is the most worthy to be a finalist for Mr. Football in 3A, and how does it set up is a player for each section of tennessee get nominated or can there be three east tenn players for one position?? Someone give me some info and tell me who you think is the most dominant player

In the midstate there are two options.

Deaunte Mason (Pearl Cohn): 61/112 passing for 1,078 yards with 13TDs & 2INTs; 63 rushes for 463 yards & 7TDs.

Jeremy Holt (David Lipscomb): 63 rushes for 721 yards & 12TDs

Mason has accounted for a total of 1,541 yards of total offense and has a total of 20TDs. He is doing this despite losing his entire offensive line, starting two receivers and tight end, and starting fullback and tailback from last year's state semifinal bunch that won Region 4-3A.

Holt is averaging 11.5 yards per carry on the ground this season for the Mustangs and believe it or not there have been several games in which he did not play beyond the first half. He is filling the void very nicely that was left this past year when Matt Elrod graduated. Holt is also piling up all of these yards behind a new offensive line that has replaced four of five starters from last year's runner-up team that won Region 5-3A.

THESE ARE TWO NO BRAINERS FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deaunte Mason (Pearl Cohn): 61/112 passing for 1,078 yards with 13TDs & 2INTs; 63 rushes for 463 yards & 7TDs.

Mason has accounted for a total of 1,541 yards of total offense and has a total of 20TDs. He is doing this despite losing his entire offensive line, starting two receivers and tight end, and starting fullback and tailback from last year's state semifinal bunch that won Region 4-3A.

Holt is averaging 11.5 yards per carry on the ground this season for the Mustangs and believe it or not there have been several games in which he did not play beyond the first half. He is filling the void very nicely that was left this past year when Matt Elrod graduated. Holt is also piling up all of these yards behind a new offensive line that has replaced four of five starters from last year's runner-up team that won Region 5-3A.

Representing region 5-3a, I would like to add Hightower!!!! Ive only seen him play once this year, but if he plays like that in every game he should have some crazy stats on both sides of the ball... BC , do you have any stats on Hightower???? Cuz I know your the stat man!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Representing region 5-3a, I would like to add Hightower!!!! Ive only seen him play once this year, but if he plays like that in every game he should have some crazy stats on both sides of the ball... BC , do you have any stats on Hightower???? Cuz I know your the stat man!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll get right on top of that one.

Zak Tait from Knoxville Catholic was BY FAR & AWAY the favorite to come away with the Mr. Football Award for Linemen in Class 3A. He had a serious knee injury and is out for the season. That crushed that young man's shot at the award.

As for the other candidates for linemen I would have to include the following players:

Don'ta Hightower (Marshall Co.)

Kendall Dangerfield (Giles Co.)

Howard Griffin (Pearl Cohn)

Clint Grubbs (Greenbrier)

Rogers Gaines (White House)

Cameron Hunt (David Lipscomb)

There are simply a lot of good linemen/linebackers in Class 3A with a shot to make the list of finalists here in the midstate.

As for the entire state I have to include Bubba Stokes from Fulton on that list for linemen. He is an absolute stud at linebacker for the Falcons.

The kicker award for Mr. Football has to go to Christian Reed from Station Camp. He is an excellent weapon and has been very valuable for the Bison this season already in the wins over Hendersonville & Beech.

BC,

All you've said about Jeremy Holt are great reasons and I'll add one more. In addition to his monster runs on offense, he has been a rock on defense to boot at Free Safety. He's a big part of the success of the DL defense this year as well.

SND

Mr. Kicker award for 3A,

Michael Hammons from Polk County High School. He is in division 3-3a.

No way can this Athlete be overlooked for Mr. Kicker.

He carries a 45.4 yard punt averge. Thru 11 of his 13 punts they were either fair catched or punted over

their heads.

His Kickoffs are averaging 100% inside the 5 yard line or thru the endzone. Has hit three or more 72 plus

yards on his kickoffs.

On PAT's, he is 24 of 26 with his only misses being bad snap or hold.

Field goals of 31, 33, and 43 yards.

He has won the longest kick two years in a row at loudon jamboree 68 and 64 yards, and won longest punt in

07 with 58 yards.

Holds longest kickoff and best hangtime on Prokicker.com in Tenn.

Holds best hangtime in punting in Tenn.

Won longest field goal in knoxville at Ray Guy, Prokicker.com Camp of 55 yards in 07.

Won and set longest field goal record at Vanderbilts kicking camp with 55 yard field goal.

I'll get right on top of that one.

Zak Tait from Knoxville Catholic was BY FAR & AWAY the favorite to come away with the Mr. Football Award for Linemen in Class 3A. He had a serious knee injury and is out for the season. That crushed that young man's shot at the award.

As for the other candidates for linemen I would have to include the following players:

Don'ta Hightower (Marshall Co.)

Kendall Dangerfield (Giles Co.)

Howard Griffin (Pearl Cohn)

Clint Grubbs (Greenbrier)

Rogers Gaines (White House)

Cameron Hunt (David Lipscomb)

There are simply a lot of good linemen/linebackers in Class 3A with a shot to make the list of finalists here in the midstate.

As for the entire state I have to include Bubba Stokes from Fulton on that list for linemen. He is an absolute stud at linebacker for the Falcons.

The kicker award for Mr. Football has to go to Christian Reed from Station Camp. He is an excellent weapon and has been very valuable for the Bison this season already in the wins over Hendersonville & Beech.

Hey Big Country.

Saw MBA/Ensworth last week. Solid ball. Ensworth has some very smart, adjustment oriented coaching. They really get the most out of what they have. They do have some talent as well. Will be a program to be reckoned with.

Anway, Mason is a "no brainer." Holt should be a finalist as well. Over this way, the real stars have yet to shine. Big games on the horizon in 3A though with Fulton/AE and Fulton/Catholic in 2-3A. IMO, 1-3A does not have any finalists this year, with the exception of the Seymour kicker. He is 7/9 on FGs with a long of 43, and perfect on XPTs. Can't remember his name. It'll come to me. Cobb @ Fulton is @ 600 yds+, and might be one to watch down the stretch. Montgomery @ AE is pushing 1000 yds passing. Nice dual threat guy is Longmire @ AC, just a JR. though. Vann @ Catholic is @ 600 + yds. rushing. JR as well.

As you know, I like Dangerfield a lot @ Giles Co., and Hightower as finalists. Have liked both of them for a long time. IMO if Chris Donald was a finalist/winner last year in 2A while playing in only a few games, Zak Tait should be a finalist as well. There was a nice article on rivals about him, and it sure sounds like So. Cal, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, Bama, and the rest are after him in spite of the injury. No finalist OL/DL types, but in addition to Stokes @ Fulton, Kenny Jones @ AE, Dustin Tait @ Catholic, Johnathan Sharpe @ AC are D1 prospects @ LB, LB, and TE/DE respectively. None of these guys show up as stat leaders in the local papers because they play for teams with good defenses where others make plays, and their stats are not inflated.

ruse?

After 7 GAMES David Lipscomb running back Jeremy Holt has carried to football a total of 70 times for 871 yards & 13TDs. The average has gone from 11.5 last week to 12.5 this week and still he hasn't played into the fourth quarter this season with the exceptions being the games against Greenbrier & Goodpasture.

I expect those numbers to really increase over the next two weeks when he's playing all four quarters in games that could decide the region title against Giles Co. & Marshall Co.

Hey ruse?, I realize that I am biased towards my midstate players in Mason from PC & Holt from DL. Both of them though are having seasons that are great statistically and I don't see how you could leave either one of those guys off of the finalist list.